• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zapdos with a silver dot in Picture...error?

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2016
    So I was looking through my cards for the first time in a long time, since I was a kid most likely, because I am thinking of putting some up for sale and I noticed my Zapdos from the base set had a silver dot in the picture at the top and in exactly the middle of the card width-wise. It is not something on it because it reflects light like the hologram and i rubbed it a little to be sure. It also is unlikely to be some type of scratch either because it is a perfect circle from what i can tell. I am wondering if this is some type of error while printing my card or what.

Attachments

• Zapdos.jpg
      Zapdos.jpg
      397.4 KB · Views: 18
    • Zapdos(silver dot).jpg
      Zapdos(silver dot).jpg
      424.4 KB · Views: 20
    Years
  • So I was looking through my cards for the first time in a long time, since I was a kid most likely, because I am thinking of putting some up for sale and I noticed my Zapdos from the base set had a silver dot in the picture at the top and in exactly the middle of the card width-wise. It is not something on it because it reflects light like the hologram and i rubbed it a little to be sure. It also is unlikely to be some type of scratch either because it is a perfect circle from what i can tell. I am wondering if this is some type of error while printing my card or what.

It's probably just a hole in one of the layers that sits above the holo layer, most likely. Bit of an odd thing, but it's possible given the way the cards are assembled.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2016
    O ok yah I see what your saying. That does make since but yah it looks weird I was wondering if it would add any value to it since it could be their doing, but if that's the case then not necessarily a misprint. Probable no value added to it huh? Hopefully it doesn't hurt the value though but it does look weird. Hopefully people think its a cool weird. Maybe I should post it as a silver dot zapdos and see if it attracts people at least and then post in description that it could be what you think is the deal with it. Probably not a bunch else it could be really though.

Years
  • O ok yah I see what your saying. That does make since but yah it looks weird I was wondering if it would add any value to it since it could be their doing, but if that's the case then not necessarily a misprint. Probable no value added to it huh? Hopefully it doesn't hurt the value though but it does look weird. Hopefully people think its a cool weird. Maybe I should post it as a silver dot zapdos and see if it attracts people at least and then post in description that it could be what you think is the deal with it. Probably not a bunch else it could be really though.

It's a little hard to evaluate the value of hard to verify defects and errors like yours. No telling if people will pay less or more than the face value of the error free version of the card.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2016
    yah I hear ya, I guess I'll post the defect and we'll see what happens I'll repost if it sells and what it goes for, i posted it for a price as if it had no defect though for now.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2016
    If you have any advise on how you would go about selling it it would be much appreciated. I just put it on ebay with my other singles I am selling but I don't know if there might be a better way when selling a unique card like this or not. I also quoted you in the description of the post on your theory of the silver dot too btw lol.

Back