• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Manga] Caption Contest #1 (RESULTS ARE IN!)

Who made your favorite captions?

• [url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8758223#post8758223]sarahmib[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Vwk6QRA.png

Welcome to the brand new edition of the Pokémon Manga Caption Contest here in Pokémon General, hosted by flight and Osiris! The premise is simple- each week you'll be presented with a panel (or panels) from one of the Pokémon manga series, with all of the text removed. Your job is to come up with a witty replacement in order to be crowned the King or Queen of the caption contest!

After the submission period has ended, all of the panels will be put into a poll to determine your favorite of the bunch. Not only will the winner gain a boost to their ego, but they'll be placed in the Hall of Fame below, and will receive a brand new emblem for their profile!

Entries for this week's caption contest end on Sunday, May 31st at 11:59 PM PST. So what are you waiting for? Caption on!

The entry period is now over, but the voting is now underway. Vote for your favorites in the poll until June 11th, and may the best caption win!​
    gi97K32.png
    Don't forget the rules!

‣ After winning a caption contest, you will be ineligible to win the following round. Feel free to still post a caption though- the more the merrier!

‣ Please try and keep your captions PG-13. While I'm sure many of us enjoy a good-natured mature joke here and there, don't forget this is still a kid's comic.

‣ A "caption" here means any kind of text that fits the picture. Dialogue, a narrative, one word, a slogan... Anything.

‣ You may only submit one caption per contest, but feel free to edit your submissions right up until the deadline.

‣ Post your entry in this thread, but try to keep chit-chat posts to a minimum until voting begins. If you want to chit-chat more deeply about the manga or this contest - head on over to the List & Chit-chat thread!

‣ After the 2 week submission period, all eligible entries will be placed into a poll. Feel free to vote for as few or as many of the captions as you like. Votes will be made public though, so don't vote for yourself, or you'll be disqualified.

‣ Most importantly, have fun!!​
    oCzqBq8.png
    Here, we have our panel!

AW7pTzT.jpg

Looks like someone's caught the eye of Blue! Now, what exactly did he have to say?

UgHL7ZU.png
    Hall of Fame

No one yet :(
    Be the first into the Hall of Fame by entering your caption today!

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Huh... I just noticed this thread.
    Well, anyway, here's my entry...
    jA1kGH5.png

And the one inside the spoiler's not my entry. I think those with ROM Hacking knowledge will get it. x3

Spoiler:

Years
  • And with that, the entry period is now over! But don't fret, since we're getting into the voting stage right now!

All 9 entries have been posted in a poll at the top of the page, and you're free to pick as few or as many of your favorite captions as you want. Just remember- don't vote for yourself, or else you'll be disqualified, even if you have the most number of votes. Anyway, voting will remain open until the 11th of June, so best of luck to all participants, and may the best caption win!

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    ^ I wouldn't worry too much- there's still more than a week for everyone to vote, so I'm sure they'll start rolling in soon!

The links in the poll aren't working, by the way. :/

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I think he just linked them to the page they're on (which is all the first).

For the individual post, you just have to click on the post number and it will open a new tab with it.

Nah, it's been an issue for a long while now. I dunno why, but, as an example, I'll use the link for Apotheosis' post.
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8767932#8767932
    Now, that link won't work. I already mentioned this to the higher staff, but I don't think it's high in their priority list. Anyway, for that link to properly work, you need to add 'post' on it, like this...
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8767932#post8767932
    You can try and click those two links for you to see the difference. :3

Years
  • Nah, it's been an issue for a long while now. I dunno why, but, as an example, I'll use the link for Apotheosis' post.
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8767932#8767932
    Now, that link won't work. I already mentioned this to the higher staff, but I don't think it's high in their priority list. Anyway, for that link to properly work, you need to add 'post' on it, like this...
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8767932#post8767932
    You can try and click those two links for you to see the difference. :3

Oh, I see. I didn't know you could do that.

But what I was saying, is if you click on the number indicating the post number, it pops up a tab with the individual post. To stick with Apotheosis...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8767932&postcount=9

That's what I was getting at. But I see what you are saying. It probably doesn't matter too much, as long as you are on the right page.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Oh, I see. I didn't know you could do that.

But what I was saying, is if you click on the number indicating the post number, it pops up a tab with the individual post. To stick with Apotheosis...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8767932&postcount=9

That's what I was getting at. But I see what you are saying. It probably doesn't matter too much, as long as you are on the right page.

Yeah, I know that button works, but the other one
    link2.png
    doesn't. That's what I'm trying to say. xD

Years
  • Aaaaand that's what I get for trying to make a poll at 1 AM after going almost two days with no sleep. All the links should be working now, but if I screwed up, I'm sure someone will let me know, haha.

Back