• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which trio you like?

Which Pokemon Anime Trio you like the best?

• 1. Ash, Brock, Misty

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • 2. Ash, Brock, May(and Max)

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • 3. Ash, Brock, Dawn

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • 4. Ash, Iris, Cilan

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Well, I actually prefer Jessie, James and Meowth compared to the ones above. It's a shame there's no "other" vote in this poll, because there may be many different trios in the Pokemon World.

Besides that, in this poll I voted for Misty with Brock and Ash. It's always funny when she loses her temper. Her attitude reminds me of Burgundy in Unova.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Your forgetting Ash Misty and Tracy trio. But my favorite will have to be Ash Misty and Brock they had so much chemistry between them
Wow, good catch! Everyone forgets about Tracy, haha.

I liked the Kanto trio the best. I liked how Misty would constantly berate the others, but she had a sweet side. I liked how the other female characters had more quantifiable goals with episodes put aside to meet them, but I didn't like their interactions with Ash and Brock as much as I did with Misty.

I also liked Misty's reason for following Ash the most. I remember how early in the series, Ash and Brock would be running away from Misty, as if they had nothing to do with her, but then later, they all grew close together.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
No matter how much I miss Misty, I think the trio of Ash, Brock and Dawn was the best. Ash and Dawn had different goals in a way I thought was more evident than in what May did. Plus, I think Dawn and Ash are bffs more than Misty and he were, and May.

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
For me, it's Ash, Brock and Dawn, because Dawn brought so much more to the anime than the others did, at least in my opinion. It was made clear right from the outset that she was going to have a larger role in the anime than her predecessors, as the first episode of the DPP saga opened with her starting her journey, and at no point did her ambitions play second base to Ash's.

I loved that about Dawn: she DEMANDED attention. I would even argue that she had more development than Ash did; she might have had the same goals as May, but she had more to work for, in my opinion, and Zoey made for a better motivational rival than Drew did. Plus she was so GOOD for Ash, as well; he learned from her, and she from him, and it worked wonders for their characters. The spin-dodge thing was overused, but it was the most creative thing to come out of the anime in years before that (that made sense, anyway; the less said about Ash's crazy strategies, the better) and Dawn put on a spectacular show in some of her contests...and she lost with far greater dignity than May. She didn't have an irritating little brother, either.

Brock, of course, is a staple; he's been the backbone of the trios for so long it's difficult to imagine them without him. Tracy was a nice breather, but he just wasn't the same, and Cilan...well, I honestly don't care for Cilan.

So, yeah. Much as I love the original trio - Ash and Misty really did harp on like an old married couple at times - I have to go with Ash, Brock and Dawn, because Dawn was exactly what the anime needed: a fresh character who could stand toe-to-toe with Ash and make it about more than just him traipsing across the newest region.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
No matter how much I miss Misty, I think the trio of Ash, Brock and Dawn was the best. Ash and Dawn had different goals in a way I thought was more evident than in what May did. Plus, I think Dawn and Ash are bffs more than Misty and he were, and May.

Why do you say this when in another thread you said you didn't watch much of DP at all?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I... don't think Rika ever said that? I know I've said that. Many times. But regardless, you really don't have to watch a ton of something to get a decent feel for the characters. It's obvious that Ash and Dawn have an awesome, strong BFF-type bond as opposed to Misty and Ash's first-crush friends/May and Ash's brother-sister bickering/Ash and Iris' energetic playmates. I'm generalizing here obviously- character dynamics, even in this show, are far too complex to represent with a few words. But those do seem to be the basis for the relationships mentioned and it's not difficult to pick up on that.

I've seen a minimal amount of DP, especially compared to what I've seen of the other sagas. I've only started watching more due to Watch-Along and such- actually that's not true really. Watch-Along was my excuse to watch more DP. It's a fantastic saga and the character dynamics are tippity-top and the best of Pokémon. That's obvious, even from the ten episodes or whatever that I've seen.

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
I personally feel that Ash's best companions have been Dawn and Brock. Misty was cool, but her goals just weren't as interesting or as engaging as the later girls on Ash's team. May was awesome, but she was dragged down by Max, who I always found to be annoying and ruin the trio dynamic. Iris is interesting, but we really don't see a whole lot of her goal and the path it takes to achieve said goal. Tracy was absolutely boring. His only good purpose was to introduce Marill. Cilan is alright, but I just don't like him as much as Brock. Dawn and Brock are people who can challenge Ash. They're as good as he is, with Dawn's goal being just as cool and difficult to attain as Ash's. She brought something cool to the team. Unlike Misty or May, she had a really good relationship with Ash. Not too much fighting, none of the "annoying siblings", etc. And if I recall right, Dawn didn't meet Ash only over a destroyed bicycle. She saved Pikachu, unlike Misty and May, who pretty much just joined Ash because of the bicycle. And who doesn't like Brock?

Back