• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Hollow Mysteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2015
Where is knife's edge cave? I've looked everywhere but i cant find it. I just want to have a beldum so i can trade for fraxture :/

Years
Where is knife's edge cave? I've looked everywhere but i cant find it. I just want to have a beldum so i can trade for fraxture :/

Yeah this is my bad. Knife's Edge Cave has been removed from the game itself since it didn't lead anywhere as well as coding problems.
The good news is that you should be able to find Beldum in the patch of grass found in Orched shore instead. I'll update that in the document for finding Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2022
When I try to play. my gba players sais "unrecognized gba file" what's the problem?

Years
When I try to play. my gba players sais "unrecognized gba file" what's the problem?

Not sure exactly what the problem is there. At the risk of telling you something that you may already know, once you download the file you will have to patch it onto a clean firered rom before playing it. Other than that I don't know what to tell you, cause I haven't heard of this problem from anyone else.

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2022
so i started playing today and I have come to the underworld area and it looks like this
b88a7839e942ce0740b23366a057453c.png
is it supposed to look like this?

Years
It's not supposed to no. This is the second time that I am seeing this issue however and am not sure why this is happening.
I can tell that the movement permissions have remained the way I have wanted them to as have the positions of the NPCs. It seems as though the tiles that I placed have become all jumbled up and I can't explain why that is the case.

Unfortunatly not knowing why this is happening means that I am not sure how to fix the issue. So I am left with little options. I do have one idea which hopefully works. Below I will post image layouts of the 4 floors that are within the building. These will be edited with red and blue arrows to give you an idea of which direction you should head in order to get through.
* The red arrows will lead you downwards (which is the first half of going through the building)
* The blue arrows will lead you upwards (which you only want to do after getting to the bottom floor)
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2022
Ok, thnx for the map, it was like that in another underworld like place with a cashier who isnt a cashier and a old grandma and a rocket dude who wonders why he is in team rocket... anyways i have another question, when will Skullz obey me? I got the first badge already and this houndoor won't obey me still, he is level 16 atm.

Years
Ok, thnx for the map, it was like that in another underworld like place with a cashier who isnt a cashier and a old grandma and a rocket dude who wonders why he is in team rocket... anyways i have another question, when will Skullz obey me? I got the first badge already and this houndoor won't obey me still, he is level 16 atm.

Yeah, I am aware of that issue as well. Unforuntaly that underground space uses the same tileset as the hideout for you mentioned previously. I won't bother seetting out a map for that space since there is nothing down there except for NPCs who don't add all that much to the game.

As far as the houndour goes I haven't changed that aspect from the original firered game. This means that whatever badges that you required in firered for traded pokemon to obey you at certain levels will be identical in this game. I am not sure off the top of my head as to the exact answer but google the trade levels and badges for firered and you will have your answer :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 22, 2015
I'm stuck in the room with all the messed up tiles, the underground part. Where you're showing to go through a wall, it isn't letting me do that. I can't advance because none of the warp tiles actually get to where I'm supposed to go either. Help?

Years
I'm stuck in the room with all the messed up tiles, the underground part. Where you're showing to go through a wall, it isn't letting me do that. I can't advance because none of the warp tiles actually get to where I'm supposed to go either. Help?

If the movement permissions have changed then there is not much that I can do. But I have tested the rom and it appears as though the permissions have stayed the same as what I have programmed into the game. So hopefully this diagram will give you a step by step guide on the room with the warp tiles. It's a simple step 1,2,3,4 process. Aim for the warp tiles that I have highlighted with a circle. Use the warp tiles that you see in this area as well as the end warpping tiles as reference points as well as you can and hopefully this will be enough.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
hello :)

so this is a harder version of fire red? i am not into story much but i really love harder battles! really enjoy trying to beat gyms and leagues with weak pokemon, or a wohle team of the same type

would this be something for me?

Years
hello :)

so this is a harder version of fire red? i am not into story much but i really love harder battles! really enjoy trying to beat gyms and leagues with weak pokemon, or a wohle team of the same type

would this be something for me?

This game does include some storyline but it is few and far between in comparison to some other rom hacks. This game is mainly focused around difficulty.
From what I gather you might enjoy this game because this game offers a challenge and that seems to be what you are looking for.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
This game does include some storyline but it is few and far between in comparison to some other rom hacks. This game is mainly focused around difficulty.
From what I gather you might enjoy this game because this game offers a challenge and that seems to be what you are looking for.

i've been playing it for a little while now and i'm definitely going to stick with it until the end, really nice hack m8 :) the only part I dislike is incorrect grammar and spelling mistakes because it kills the immersion(like when you see you're instead of your), but maybe it gets better later on or I can get past that

thank you for your hard work, game looks beautiful and can't wait for the endgame!

Last edited:

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
So this game is basically complete? A full storyline? It's not a short experience only designed to be somewhat challenging right?

Years
This might be on my end (in fact, it probably is) but the game file will not download on Mediafire.
Not sure what to tell you, I just checked the download file on Mediafire and was able to download it.

So this game is basically complete? A full storyline? It's not a short experience only designed to be somewhat challenging right?
Yes the game is complete. Unfortunately it's not 100% bug free, but there will not be any further updates to this game. While the game does have a finished storyline included, the storyline took a back-seat to the actual challenge of the game but it is complete.
I can't say how difficult the game will be for you because there has been a couple of mixed reviews in terms of difficulty, but I didn't design it to be easy (that much I can say for certain).
Hope that answers your question(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back