• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

i remember it well

Gabri

m8
Years
  • The transferring of Macau's sovereignty to China, and then the independence of East Timor, if those count. Other than that, probably 9/11.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • The 2008 election, probably. Not so much the election itself, but more the local events surrounding it. My school had a mock voting for president and even though I didn't know what Obama stood for, I really didn't want Obama to be president. Also or some reason, I really cared about the gas prices going over the $2.30-2.40 range around that time.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Diana's death. I remember that I was at a family friend's house, spending a week of holidays, when suddenly it was all there was on the news.

I probably didn't even know she existed prior to her death so I can't really say I got to know her at all.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • I was pretty young at about the time of all the major events going on, so I can't really say I got to see or go through much, be it good or bad. Earliest big news story I recall was hearing about and seeing stuff from Hurricane Katrina. :pink_blush:

Back