• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Civilization V succession game!

Years
  • Don't kill me for the double post. Accidentally went two turns further than I should have. Dido's a bitch. Have fun whoever goes next!

Attachments

• PC_SUCCESSION01_gimme_0123.Civ5Save.zip
      619.3 KB · Views: 4

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I got us a into a bit of a better state financially and accomplished very little else

Attachments

• PC_SUCCESSION01_Rainbow_0163.zip
      1.3 MB · Views: 2

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Apparently I a unable to play because I don't have all the DLC, but I'm like 99% sure I have it all. :| I looked at the game's list of requried DLC to load that save file and the only thing unfamiliar I saw on it was "Upgrade Data 1"?

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Apparently I a unable to play because I don't have all the DLC, but I'm like 99% sure I have it all. :| I looked at the game's list of requried DLC to load that save file and the only thing unfamiliar I saw on it was "Upgrade Data 1"?

Hm, that is super weird. I'm poking around online to see if I can figure out why. I'll try loading the save to see if I get the same problem, I'm pretty sure I have all the DLC ever released for Civ 5 as well.

Update - I can load the save file fine. So, there must be something you're missing. After a bit of digging online, it appears "Upgrade Data 1" just refers to the latest patch. If you're playing on Civ 5 version 1.0.3.279 you should be fine. You will see that number at the bottom of the main menu when you first launch the game.

Maybe you should cross-reference that you have all of the DLC available, or verify game cache or something. I poked around on your profile and saw that you do indeed have most of the DLC content, but some DLC isn't listed on Steam for some reason, like the Mongolian empire DLC. I think it's because that was a limited free offer by Firaxis shortly after releasing the original Civ 5.

It's still super weird that you're not able to play, and that I am.

Can you download my original save and try loading that, and report back? If you can, maybe I can just save Rainbow's game from my machine and give you that new save file to see if you can load it.

Last edited:

Ullion

Years
  • I went to my library and checked "find more dlc in store" and found I was missing the Scrambled Nations/Continents pack. Installing them now and I'll do my 40 turns tonight :)

unless I get distracted by overwatch

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Did you buy the DLC just for this? :O

Ullion

Years
  • Yes );

No biggie, though. I read what they are, and I'd probably try them out to see what they're like anywho. :)

Attachments

• 0PC_SUCCESSION01_Ullion_203.zip
      703.3 KB · Views: 1
    Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Hey guys, took care of Dido, she won't be an issue anymore...

Unfortunately I totally forgot to hit record so I can't upload my turns this time. Sad. :(

Is it me or is 40 turns not enough? Next time we should do 60 each.

OK I still recorded sort of a before/after video instead of doing nothing at all. :)

Spoiler:

Attachments

• PC_SUCCESSION01_Marz_0242.zip
      755.4 KB · Views: 2
    Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    finished off dido, averted a trade embargo on rome set up by her rotting corpse, fought and repelled both boudicca and brazil, fought off a wave of barbarians, set up better production and income, etc.

our path should now focus solely on production and domination - if we cripple if not entirely wipe out china and brazil, then that will at the very least bring the playing field down to our level and leave boudicca, the only other civ leader who would pose a threat by that point, unable to wipe us out due to our sheer size. that just makes it a matter of time until we can rebuild our army and either finish off brazil & china entirely or march on boudicca. we're not going to win via science, culture, time or congress - we've meandered far too long and have no substantial footholds in those areas. our only choice is carving through the aforementioned civs and building our victory on their charred bones.

Attachments

• PC_SUCCESSION01_HARLEY_281.zip
      778.6 KB · Views: 2
    Years
  • Fantastic, I'll just start work on charring then.

Edit: Actually I'm gonna have to skip, for some reason the game isn't opening right now.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Alright, I'll get around to it sometime tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing all the progress that has been made! :)

Also 2424th post hype.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Alright, sorry I'm a bit late, I've been quite busy. Here you go, next person, have fun with the war :)

Attachments

• PC_SUCCESSION01_Rainbow_321.zip
      810.4 KB · Views: 1

Ullion

Years
  • Welp, that war went horrible. I got our gold and happiness back up, then it all went down hill after the game gave me -18 or so happiness for not having a popular ideology. Then every declared war. Enjoy (smh)

Attachments

• PC_SUCCESSION01_Ullion_361.zip
      849.3 KB · Views: 1

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Well, I stabled us out a bit. But, that came at a pretty heavy cost. Happiness is back up, money is slowly coming in. Looked grim for a while there.

Attachments

• PC_SUCCESSION01_Marz_402.zip
      887 KB · Views: 0
    Back