• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

E3 2016: Watch with us and discuss!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • E3-2016-Schedule_Top.jpg

It's that time again, ladies and gentlemen! E3 is upon us, and hopefully will get a lot of tasty reveals, updates on existing games, and other miscellaneous info! And whether that's actually the case will find out in only a few hours, the first conference of many is happening in, at the time of writing, six hours. What better way to watch E3 then with a group of your peers, or these people that go to the same forum as you, don't really worry about the semantics. So, here is how this will work: The schedule for the conferences will be listed below, and an hour before the conference goes live, we will post the stream for the video up in the thread.

Conferences start today and the last of them ends on Tuesday, so set your timers, mark your calendars, and please don't be late. This is fun stuff!

Here's the schedule:
    Spoiler:

And below here will be the stream. Next up: Open Floor and Miscellany 10:00AM EST

So, as we begin this fun time that only comes once a year, is there anything that you are looking forward to? Do you think this is going to be a good E3? Which conferences are you going to watch?

Last edited:

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Wow. I missed a lot. I thought E3 didn't start till the 14th..
    I only missed half of EA's conference because I thought that as well. But it's for the better, EA's conference was boring and they mostly talked about Fifa and Madden. And I guess Battlefield 1 that looks great and sounds great from what they said. But you know it will have 50$ season pass, so to the trash it goes.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Wow. I missed a lot. I thought E3 didn't start till the 14th..
    It technically doesn't. This is referred to as Day -1. Ironic, considering all of the conferences take place before the actual event, and for most that's the biggest interest.

Speaking of interest, Dishonored 2 is looking pretty nice. And they just announced Season 3 of Telltale's The Walking Dead, which next to Tales from the Borderlands is my favorite TT game. Dunno if it'll outdue the original, but who knows, the reveal trailer was pretty short.

Also Titanfall 2, but nobody really cares about that other than me. I just hope the game's active for longer than a month this time. Also, pretty surprised Skyrim - Special Edition's coming to PC, especially considering how they treated the definitive edition of Dishonored (and its lack of a PC version). But this is a lot better news than anyone'd really let on. Console players can finally have fun with the game thanks to mods, hopefully the PC version will take advantage of the fixes made by USKP and incorporate a chunk of its fixes into the main game, among others. This is a big opportunity for Bethesda. Honestly don't know why I'd expect them to actually fix an Elder Scrolls game but...well, I dream.

Also, interested in seeing how Fallout functions on the Vive, assuming they don't go for the bare minimum (which I'd believe they probably didn't, if it was on, say, the Oculus). Who knows, we'll see. But I'm hoping to see something that's actually worth going out of the way to invest in if you've played Fallout 4 and want more than a fun new distraction. Also, the new expansion DLC is Garry's Mod.

Sir Codin

I said before and I'll say it again: Bethesda should've spent more time making a new Elder Scrolls game than make a glorified graphics mod for an existing one.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years

Also Titanfall 2, but nobody really cares about that other than me.

You're not the only one interested in Titanfall 2. I liked the first one. Unfortunately I did everything within about a day. With a game with that little content it's a wonder it lasted as long as it did...

I said before and I'll say it again: Bethesda should've spent more time making a new Elder Scrolls game than make a glorified graphics mod for an existing one.

It literally looks like my Skyrim on PC already does. Why make a new game when you can slightly tweak an old one and make huge profit. Today's video game market is more interested in the quick and large sums of money side than the "making something people will like" side...

On another note Microsoft is off to a good start to their stream. Fart noises within the first 5 seconds!

Last edited:

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Where were you when Sony won E3? This was probably the best conference I've seen since I'm following E3. Just game after game, no memes, no DLC shilling, no fillers, and of course, the games were fantastic. Even if you don't like half of them, the other half is great enough. Last Guardian finally got a release date, new Resi going back to spooks, PT actually became a thing with Kojima and Norman working on a project that's titled differently, Horizon, new Spiderman game, and of course new God of War with Kratos and son tackling Norse gods. Days Gone is probably my least favorite game they showed though. It looked like Last of Us, but the running horde of zombies was just boring. Oh and apparently they showed new Call of Duty which nobody could tell was CoD until the title at the end, that's actually great and might make me check it out.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Great E3 so far. Fun announcements from everyone.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I'm honestly just dropping in to say that Infinite Warfare actually looks...well, good. It took me a little bit of time to realise that it was a Call of Duty game, which is really good, as it's usually very obvious that a CoD game is CoD. The Insomniac Spiderman also has me waiting, especially after R&C. Apart from that, this is probably the first time I've actually followed an E3, and it's a pretty good feeling.

Wow, originally opened this thread to state thoughts on one game, do other things in addition. Classic me.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    The only thing I'm wondering about is where is Take Two? No Red Dead 2, not even Mafia III.

Besides that, that Sony conference was amazing. Even the VR games looked good, except for the Final Fantasy XV thing.

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    That naked Norman Reedus is what won Sony E3. Wait, do you even win E3?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • How long do people think Nintendos treehouse would be today? Trying to get my brother to stay home, but if not I want to see if we could watch it together after school.

Arsenic

Years
  • I think I liked Microsoft's E3 the most.

I already knew it was going to happen but I downloaded the Halo Wars 2 beta the second it was said it released. I also liked that most games are supposed to work with Win 10 now. The more I can play on my PC the better.

I was kinda sad for no Crackdown but Dead Rising 4 makes up for it! Kinda hope they add a mode without all the Christmas stuff but I can deal with it.

Oh and let's not forget We Happy People. I wanna get my paws on that ASAP.

And the new Forza Horizon! At this rate I'm going to be editing all day!

Sorry Sony, I know Kojima is a game genius but that trailer was just too Japaweirdese. Plus I was too busy playing all the content from Microsoft's and PcGaming's conferences to even watch yours! XD I just read a brief description of what was announced!

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • So far I'm really looking forward to Battlefield 1 and Forza Horizon 3 as the two brand new games that I'm going to pick up this fall/winter. I've grown tired of Call of Duty, but I'd really like to get back into a war shooter and Battlefield going back to WWI looks like a solid game. Forza is going to have a shot to overtake Gran Turismo as my go to racing game. GT Sport looks cool, but it looks like a holdover with extra online perks. No thanks, I want GT7. Forza looks really solid right now, so I'll probably pick that up.

As far as Skyrim's remaster goes, I know that a lot of people are less excited about this because they'd like to see Morrowind or Oblivion, but I'm excited because Skyrim is my favorite game and I was already thinking of doing some kind of project with it on YouTube, so this gives me a chance to do it with a brand new version of the game and have interest in it since it is relevant again. It's definitely just a personal reason, but I'm excited.

I also have to mention the Crash Bandicoot remasters. I played 1 and 2 quite a bit so I'm excited to see that coming soon. Hopefully the wait isn't too long.

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
    Years
  • Watched the LOZ presentation, and so far it looks really good! Love the fact that they trow you into the world, and then just say "Good luck, you are the Light, do your thing"
    I am so gonna follow that game. It might even cause me to buy a new nintendo console :O

Edit 1:
    YOU CAN SNOWBOARD IN LOZ. oh dear lord!

Last edited:

Arsenic

Years
  • I'm just gonna pop in about the Ubisoft conference while I remember

I'm going to buy wildlands, but I know I'm going to be horribly disappointed... Just like always.

Man, France can't do ANYTHING right.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I thought this E3 was fantastic. Lots of good announcements from everyone. Sony's conference was the highlight for me. They're giving me more reasons to buy a PS4. :why: I was hoping for news on PS4 Neo, but I understand why they're supposedly waiting until MS reveals the specs for Xbox Scorpio. I think I'll continue to hold off on getting a PS4 until February when Persona, Horizon, etc. are released and I can check reviews on them.

I like this trend of Xbox exclusives being ported to PC, assuming these ports will be decent. I've never owned an Xbox so this is great for me. Forza in particular looks very nice.

A little disappointed at Prey being a psychological horror game as opposed to a space bounty hunter game like the cancelled Prey 2. I'll reserve judgment until the game comes out, maybe it'll surprise me.

4K gaming is coming to consoles in late 2017??? I'm surprised by that. I assume Xbox Scorpio will have a GPU equivalent of R9 390X and priced at ~$600. Apparently an R9 390X can run 4K/30FPS at medium/low settings on most games, so that's probably what they're aiming for. Either way ~$600 is way too much for a console in my opinion, and I doubt either of the upgraded consoles will be much cheaper.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • This E3 is awesome Imo! I loved a lot of stuff I saw, especially with Nintendo! I mean, I waited for Zelda U for such a long time hehe :3

Back