• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Mew?

Bug

[b][color=white][font=Luminari]can't talk. i'm shi
Years
  • Hey! I'm painfully aware that there is no legitimate way to get mew in fire red so can someone please tell me how to hack it in (non-emulator I'm using a cartridge)? Thanks!

Last edited:

Bug

[b][color=white][font=Luminari]can't talk. i'm shi
    Years
  • Thanks but I'm using the cartridge. Not an emulator. Anyway for me to hack the cartridge?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2015
    Thanks but I'm usng tha ridetridge. Not an emulatar. Anyway fo me ta spheal tha ridetridge?

Hello friend! You should pick up a game shark 3 if you can get your hands on one! Then use the code to teleport Faraway Island. If you can't find one of those or a similar cheat device, I believe the new Revo K101 plays gba carts and has built in cheat functionality, but will run you $70 with shipping.

Reactions: Bug

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Hello friend! You should pick up a game shark 3 if you can get your hands on one! Then use the code to teleport Faraway Island. If you can't find one of those or a similar cheat device, I believe the new Revo K101 plays gba carts and has built in cheat functionality, but will run you $70 with shipping.
    That's in Emerald though. Faraway Island doesn't exist in Firered.

As for hacking one in, I think there IS a cheat code that gives you a usable Mew. The key is to get a fateful encounter Mew; this flag is what makes Mew obey you and it's shared with Deoxys. Alternately if you have access to Emerald and a Link Cable you can Glitzer Pop one; it's random and hard to do but there's internet tutorials on Youtube and Glitch City Labs on how to do it, and to my knowledge this gives you a usable Mew that will obey you.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    There is no way to glitch the game to encounter Mew.You can use cheat codes to trigger a wild Mew to appear,but it won't obey you(Just like Deoxys).However if you have a copy of Pokemon Emerald you can use a cheat code to access Faraway Island and capture Mew.Then you can just trade it to Fire Red.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2021
    If you have a hex editor and are comfortable with Advance Map you can add it.

1. Open your hex editor and change the 97 at byte 0x1D402 to 00. This should make mew obey. (credit to colcolstyles)
    2. There's an overworld mew sprite in A-Map, so you can set up a mew event wherever you like. I plan to do the cubone storyline earlier and put Mew in the ghost tower where Rockets have stashed it after nicking it from Silph Co.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    If you have a hex editor and are comfortable with Advance Map you can add it.

1. Open your hex editor and change the 97 at byte 0x1D402 to 00. This should make mew obey. (credit to colcolstyles)
    2. There's an overworld mew sprite in A-Map, so you can set up a mew event wherever you like. I plan to do the cubone storyline earlier and put Mew in the ghost tower where Rockets have stashed it after nicking it from Silph Co.

However he is playing the game on a cartridge.This won't work.

Now then,let's try something different,shall we?

Ok you can try to extract your save file with Nintendo DS.I can't post links,but google this: " [HOW-TO] Back Up and Restore Retail GBA Save Games [Pokemon] " and click on the first video.

You will need a few things,check them in the video's description.
    Now that you have your savefile,use one of the many methods to acquire Mew.You can use cheat codes,but Mew won't obey you.

Here's the best thing you can do:

Do this on VBA!!!

-Complete Emerald and use cheat codes to warp to Faraway Island or you can use a cheat for the ticket,but it's complicated to use the ticket (the game won't allow you to use it directly ).

-Now just trade Mew to Fire Red.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2016
    i have 347 mystery mews from the toys r us event distribution cartridge from 2006. Message me if you want to discuss a way i can send it to you. none of the mews are clones, each have their own unique stats and nature! i posted a video on youtube if you want to see it

Back