• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Love You, Too.

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
Years
  • My inability to conquer my anxiety and allow myself to show deep emotions has ruined many a good thing. I'll be honest about when you're being stupid, or about when I think you need to sit down and talk something out, or pretty much anything actually...except about my own feelings. I just kinda shrug it off and allow things to bottle up. This isn't just in like a friendly way or a romantic way, either. Like, even with my parents, I'm afraid to tell them about anything that's on my mind -- fear, confusion, anxiety, stress, depression, etc. I just cannot talk about my own emotions. It just doesn't work.

Drogan

Master of the Cannons
    Years
  • To my friends, no problem because everyone is cool about it and we have certain ways of saying it. We're cool like that, I guess.

If it's to a "special someone", I am usually quiet about this kind of thing. I can honestly tell someone my feelings towards them if I am clever about it. Usually using a picture would be the way I can say it. If that wasn't possible, I'd probably be freaking out at the thought of saying it.

Oh and when I mean a "special someone", I don't really mean anyone in particular. That's just a phrase I'm using.

Years
  • I can't.

I'm so very bad about this.

I tend to just...assume people know how I feel about them.

A good example: it took me a while to directly say to someone I care for a lot (as a friend), someone I can tell just about anything to since I trust him that much, just how much his friendship meant to me, although I didn't use the exact words "I love you" at all. I figured he knew already about things, before then. And even knowing this person for a few years, it still felt weird admitting it. Not weird like "this is wrong" weird, but weird like "I don't do this at all why am I doing it" weird.

So if it's that difficult for me to open up to someone like that, there's no way I can really say it to anybody else I don't know as well.

And I've never been good at admitting any kind of feelings like that in the first place.
    I guess I feel like I'm leaving myself wide open emotionally every time I do it. So I try to be really careful about it.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • I'm always honest. There was a time when I was younger and I kept to myself, but now I've simply learned not to fear response.

There are close, close friends that I love, and occasionally I'll tell them outright that I love them. It's not difficult nor should it be to reassure someone else that you have their best interest at heart.

The issue with me is when people who think that because I associate with them on occasion, I am their "friend," and then act indignant when I outright tell them that I do not consider them a friend, and in some cases don't intend to view them as one.

If I outright dislike someone and they aren't completely dense, my responses to them in a conversation should speak loud and clear what I think of their opinions and decisions. If they are smart, they will pick up my message and steer clear of me. I otherwise do not really bother.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    if these feelings have anything to do with romance they're going to have to make the first move otherwise i'd probably never tell them how i feel. I guess i tell friends how i feel when a sentimental moment hits

Lucid

I don't really feel love in a romantic sense, But in a platonic sense with friends and family, sure, I'm all over that shit, I'm not really one for hugs or physical affection, so I'm down with expressing myself verbally.

Back