• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon announced!

Years
  • Anyone interested in the themes they've made for it? They look pretty cool!

Spoiler:

That one at the top is the one I love, that starter artwork is probably why. Tons more cute than the one with Charizard down below.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm so happy with the announcement of this game. I'm not a fan of the title, I wish it's something uh more special? Perhaps something like Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Protectors of The Legends or something like that? It doesn't need to have the most epic title, it just needs more than that.

The lack of match pairs concerns me too. Otherwise I'm really happy about this game and it's my most anticipated game for this year. ^^

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Wow that's a really low HP stat for a level 50 Charizard ;-;

Alright, i feel bad, i almost made this post about how Lapras was being put into a held item... It's good that they are adding new items to the game though, I don't think Gates added very much in that department.

Anyway, the closer this game gets to release the more i want to play it... Can't Nintendo pull a Scott Cawthon and release the game early xD (i wish)

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm looking forward to trying out Mega Evolution in a spin-off game and seeing how it ties in with the storyline. Super Mystery Dungeon is certainly looking promising so far, especially having all 720 Pokemon. 8)

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • I always liked Mystery Dungeon, too bad that I don't own a 3DS and don't have any plans to buy one.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I've always been a fan of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon! I loved the fact that you were a pokémon, and you can go with a partner and have adventures aha!
    This games looks so good! I want to play *-* But one thing .... GF, pls change the name of this game!

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Ampharos the reliable chief/leader, Slurpuff the server, Jirachi the prodigy astronomer, Mawile the archaeologist, Dedenne the liaison, Buizel, Bunnelby and Archen the investigators. :o

So in other words, Ampharos has a similar role to the Wigglytuff's role from Explorers of Sky, huh?

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Ampharos the reliable chief/leader, Slurpuff the server, Jirachi the prodigy astronomer, Mawile the archaeologist, Dedenne the liaison, Buizel, Bunnelby and Archen the investigators. :o

So in other words, Ampharos has a similar role to the Wigglytuff's role from Explorers of Sky, huh?
    I was wondering what that said. I wonder how each one will work and tie into the game. It's also surprising to see jirachi as a townsfolk pokemon.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I was wondering what that said. I wonder how each one will work and tie into the game. It's also surprising to see jirachi as a townsfolk pokemon.

Yep, Jirachi has been demoted, or at least according to that leak. {XD}

But nah, I think she's gonna be a town folk that is going to end up as an important character.

I should be more detail on the investigators: Buizel handles the aquatic related ones, Archen for the sky and finally Bunnelby for the land. I suppose they are explorers?

I'm sure they will have similar roles to those from Wigglytuff Guild. I'm more interested with the school part.

This sounds like a big game if you ask me. xD

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Edit @ 06:17 : Finally, it confirms that, like the previous game, there's a special Jukebox where you can listen to all the game's music, with the music you find increasing over time. In addition to that, you can play the music with your headphones while the 3DS is in Sleep Mode

I found my new MP3 player. <3

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm getting really excited for this game now. Feels like it's so far off though. :(

They say SMD's release is during the winter holiday, so It isn't that far; Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire is soon marking its One Year Anniversary, 134 days till Christmas, hahaha! {XD}

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I wonder if this game is going with the explorers or rescue team theme, or a completely different route? Oh and the jukebox is back, surprised that isn't a DLC of sorts in this day and age.

Meh, it's sad this game isn't an international release like the main stream ones have become... That would be really nice.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I wonder if this game is going with the explorers or rescue team theme, or a completely different route? Oh and the jukebox is back, surprised that isn't a DLC of sorts in this day and age.

Meh, it's sad this game isn't an international release like the main stream ones have become... That would be really nice.

There's one thing for sure when it comes to DLC contents -- Missions! {XD}

Eh? There's a release date already? o_O I thought they were all going to be released at the very same day, since they were announced closely!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Great to see the jukebox feature returning, I loved listening to so many of the beautiful soundtracks from Explorers of Sky.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Yep, Jirachi has been demoted, or at least according to that leak. {XD}

But nah, I think she's gonna be a town folk that is going to end up as an important character.

I should be more detail on the investigators: Buizel handles the aquatic related ones, Archen for the sky and finally Bunnelby for the land. I suppose they are explorers?

I'm sure they will have similar roles to those from Wigglytuff Guild. I'm more interested with the school part.

This sounds like a big game if you ask me. xD
    Interesting. The game seems huge, especially with several hun towns throughout, which i saw somewhere, someone guessed that based on the first trailer. Surprised that it happened though! Really excited for this next to mario maker now!

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Interesting. The game seems huge, especially with several hun towns throughout, which i saw somewhere, someone guessed that based on the first trailer. Surprised that it happened though! Really excited for this next to mario maker now!

Yeah, it sure like it. At first I thought the school was just a simple copy-paste from the Wigglytuff Guild, but it appears to be not. It's even further expanded, I can't wait to join that 'Ampharos Guild'! Just imagine the abundant cast, haha it might be an another heartbreaking plot again, which I wouldn't mind.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Yeah, it sure like it. At first I thought the school was just a simple copy-paste from the Wigglytuff Guild, but it appears to be not. It's even further expanded, I can't wait to join that 'Ampharos Guild'! Just imagine the abundant cast, haha it might be an another heartbreaking plot again, which I wouldn't mind.
    Yeah this new guild should be interesting. Really looking foward to the plot. And why I doubt it, it be cool if one of the hub world's was treasure town.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Yeah this new guild should be interesting. Really looking foward to the plot. And why I doubt it, it be cool if one of the hub world's was treasure town.

The stuff that I have to nitpick on are the title name and no more matched pair of Mystery Dungeon games like the first two pairs.

Otherwise, I'm really excited about this series! This installment feels promising. {:3}

Years
  • A really nice cover plate has been announced for Japan!
    Spoiler:

Also, liking the new details we've been getting about the game! Really looking forward to it!

Back