• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokken Tournament - Console release

Will you be buying the game for the Wii U?

• Yes!

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • No.

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • Sweet! I can't wait to beat people up playing as Leaf and Serena!

...oh. You can only play as the Pokemon. My interest in this game just dropped to zero. Well, chalk this one up as another disappointing spinoff.

What's next, guys, Lance's IRS Tax Audit Simulator for 3DS XL?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Those moves sound really cool. Especially Gardevoir's and Charizard's. I don't think I've seen Gardevoir's burst move (Missed it during the livestream!) but I think I'd like Charizard's more anyway. It looks SUPER powerful

Here , Gardevoir Burst move--

http://www.eventhubs.com/images/201...t-footage-gardevoirs-burst-attack-super-move/

Also , I was wondering if those Aura Punch and multiple Aura Sphere was part of Lucario's Aura Blast.
    Lucario look like a Character from Naruto.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • Sweet! I can't wait to beat people up playing as Leaf and Serena!

...oh. You can only play as the Pokemon. My interest in this game just dropped to zero. Well, chalk this one up as another disappointing spinoff.

What's next, guys, Lance's IRS Tax Audit Simulator for 3DS XL?

DrDHpWN.gif

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Question :

Will "Pokken Tournament Console Version" include a "Story mode"???

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Question :

Will "Pokken Tournament Console Version" include a "Story mode"???

Scenario Campaign has been in recent Tekken titles, so it wouldn't be strange if there's such feature. :) Makes me wonder, who's the 'villain' (a la Heihachi) in Pokkén, if there's a story mode. xD

People the votes for buying and not buying right now are completely tied. Interesting. :O

It sure is, I'd like to hear the opinions of avid players from both Tekken and Pokémon.

Last edited:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I used to play Tekken a lot, but haven't played too much of it recently. If Pokken is anything like Tekken, it will definitely be getting a story mode--most fighting games do nowadays, at least the ones I've played haha.

If there's no story mode, I'll be really surprised, but I'll still buy the game, of course :3

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • A story mode in a fighting game is inevitable, but don't expect it to be mind-blowing, as the multiplayer is the key factor to these games. Trust me, I've experienced a lot of negativity from the Smash Bros. community for the lack of good single player experiences like Adventure Mode, when it's not suppose to be the main focal point in that series.

People the votes for buying and not buying right now are completely tied. Interesting. :O
    What surprises me more is that the people who voted for buying this game are saying this as the sole reason to buy a Wii U despite Splatoon, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, and Xenoblade Chronicles X being the only good exclusive titles that aren't Mario, Zelda, Kirby, or Pokemon to make a console a must-buy.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Scenario Campaign has been in recent Tekken titles, so it wouldn't be strange if there's such feature. :) Makes me wonder, who's the 'villain' (a la Heihachi) in Pokkén, if there's a story mode. xD
    That's only in Tekken 6. Tekken Tag 2 and Tekken 7 went back to just having arcade modes. Either way I hope a campaign isn't in because Tekken 6's was terrible

Also Pikachu is Heihachi in this game.

It sure is, I'd like to hear the opinions of avid players from both Tekken and Pokémon.
    Opinions on what?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    That's only in Tekken 6. Tekken Tag 2 and Tekken 7 went back to just having arcade modes. Either way I hope a campaign isn't in because Tekken 6's was terrible

Also Pikachu is Heihachi in this game.

Opinions on what?

I said villain, not the moves.

On this collab by Tekken and Pokémon of course. To be more precise an opinion as an avid player of both franchise. Just look at the vote, it's 50/50, I was actually expecting a lot of people to get into this game. Probably the limitation on the games being Wii U exclusive led the 50/50 voting results? But then I've heard through a friend that people are buying Wii U just for this game.

Back