• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

//Map of the Week\\ - Vote for it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
Years
  • I vote for Lucario 9's map because it's not as crowded as Disturbed or Disturbed (how do you have 2 people with the same name?) and It's not anywhere near as simple as the last 2

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    I vote for Buizel 9's map. It has great structure + playability. Plus Tb Pro's rom base is just to awesome

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Oh god, sorry I was late! x_x

Anyways, the winner of this week is Buizel 9's Map!
    Congratulations!

Votes:
    Buizel 9's Map - 4 votes
    Xray and sasquatchd00d's Maps - 3 votes(tie)
    Jasumin and Disturbed's Maps - 1 vote(tie)

I will get the maps later.
    I'm busy.

Maps are up.
    Happy voting.

Last edited:

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
  • I'll vote for ~Fire's map.

His is the most visually appealing to me. The waterfall is done as it should be. Not many people do get that right. He has done a few block edits too, which shows that he took time to map this. Overall, a quaint starting town, that would be great to start off in.

Years
  • I vote for ~Fire's map because the tiles are great together, and the shape of the tree's + mountains have great shape, but that's not the only reason it's also got good block edits.

Madridista

Years
  • @NeoNemesis
    Hmm... this map is a New Bark Town remake, or just a big rip off (though it has many differences, which is good) :D There's WAY TOO MUCH free space on the bottom of the map (put some big trees there). I like the placement of flowers etc.

@~Fire
    First thing i noticed was the waterfall. It is just wrong. The waterfall has 3 kinds of tiles, not 2. Anyways... I like the mountain, how it goes around the town. But what I hate about this map are the trees. No tree shading, and not a very good placement (that's just my opinion).

@Tropical Sunlight
    Huge map :D Well... there's way too much tall grass. Always think what would you thought if you would have to go through a huge map like that, with tall grass everywhere... I don't really like the mountain...

@Mac_Mini
    I don't like the placement of the trees. Sometimes square, sometimes some other 'technique'... It doesn't look very good. There's too much free space behind the lab. I don't like the path near the house (the one near the lab is o.k.)...

I choose...

@colcostyles
    The only thing I hate about this map is are the trees. Small tree, big tree, small tree, big tree... Everything else is just wonderful, the grass placement etc.

Mr .Pichu-kun! I finished my homework! :D

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    You need to provide a reason in order for your vote to be valid.
    Thanks for the help!

Sorry I'm late guys, I was with my friend the whole weekend.
    I'll tally the votes, put 'em up, and get the maps.

The winner of this week is, ~Fire's Map!
    Congratulations!

Votes:
    ~Fire's Map - 2 votes
    colcolstyles' Map - 1 vote

Ditched Votes:
    sab's vote -
    didn't post a reason

I will fetch the maps~

Maps are up.
    Happy voting~

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • GAH! To think it would have been a tie if sab had given a reason. Aw well, ~Fire deserved to win anyways.
    Moving on:
    I vote for sasquatchd00d's map because, once again, of the tranquil, quaint feeling I get from it (and all of his maps for that matter). Save for a few tile errors, the map is brilliant and the mixing of normal grass tiles shows how much time and effort he put into this map. The tree shadows are nearly flawless (it's incorrect up by the gatehouse) which isn't something you see every day. Overall, it's just such a peaceful town, one that I would love to play through :)

And my name is spelt "colcolstyles". I noticed you spelt it "colcolstyle" twice so yeah, just correcting you ;)

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • every time i publish a map it ends up in this voting...
    well im gonna vote for Austinias Map, because of its great tree palcement, which will be pretty annoying when playing the map :p
    but it looks really good

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    I vote for Austinia's map.

It has great tree placing as neti said and an aweomse base. Great map Austin ;)

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
  • I vote for Neti's Map.

I absolutely love the palettes of the trees. I also like how he used a lot of different extras; such as the ferns, flowers, and rocks. They really add to the map even though they are small additions. The mountain shape is really well done in my opinion and I like that it is a grassy mountain with trees growing out of it. The trees are placed quite naturally too, and it looks great.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    DAMMIT, LATE AGAIN! >O
    Well, I was actually busy today. :\
    Oh well~ I'll tally the votes.

Okay, the winner of this week is Austinia's Map!
    Congratulations!

Votes:
    Austinia's Map - 3 votes
    Neti and sasquatchd00d's Maps - 1 vote(tie)

I will go get the maps~
    Maps added.
    Happy voting~

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    well, I'll vote for Thrace's map.
    of all the five map contestants, I find Thrace's map very nice, even though I don't like the PKMN Center being divided from the town 'cause of the river.

it is a bit annoying to go to the PC and mart and gym and whatsoever.

but yeah, it's still a pretty cool hack.
    so I'll vote for Thrace's map. ;)

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
  • I vote for Thrace's map.

The building placement is wonderful and those houses go so well with the mountains. There is different normal grass tiles which looks so much better, even though it's a small detail, it really adds to the overall feel. The tree shading is perfect, which is a bonus.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • I vote for IPro's map. I love how the trees are placed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back