• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Anyone having trouble connecting to Pokebank?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    been trying for a couple hours and I keep getting a 006-0501 error, which because I disconnect, Pokebank then prevents me from connecting again for however long (That lockout is a huge pain!) so I called into Nintendo, redid the DNS settings, (was already set to auto obtain) power cycled the router, modem and 3ds, was finally able to get into pokebank, move some things around and then when I saved it gave me the same error number and disconnected me. The 3ds can connect to the internet, do an internet check, can connect to the e-Shop, and connect to the internet in various enabled games, but I just cannot connect to Pokebank specifically and am wondering if it's just me or if other people are having the issue. I will be calling into Nintendo again soon but just wanted to see if others are having the same issue or not.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Did you get a message saying to "wait a few minutes before trying to reconnect", or something like that? (I can't remember the precise wording) If so, I was having the exact same problem earlier today. I was able to get in after waiting a few minutes, like it instructed, but I'm totally unsure as to why it happened in the first place, since I use the Pokemon Bank all the time and have never gotten that before. If what you're experiencing is the same as what I described, it's probably something messed up on Nintendo's end.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I don't get that problem when I use it. Only if my wi-fi has a problem then I'll get that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I don't get that problem when I use it. Only if my wi-fi has a problem then I'll get that.

Not in general, I mean within the last 4 hours or so. I was on the phone with Nintendo support and a system message came up while I was on the phone with her so there are apparently people all over with this problem, I'm just not sure if it's everybody or just some people. I tried logging in several times today and couldn't, and then once I was able to get in, move some things around and save but then I got the error message again.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I got that error too, just now, and was locked out. I'll try again in a few hours.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I tried it out and mine gives the same error. It won't even let me get beyond the 'connecting to the internet' screen.

Wonder what's going on...

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Just tried again. I was able to log in, deposit a Pokemon, and save it.

I just tried again before posting this, and it gave the error again. I tried.

Back