• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversion

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    I have a question on primal reversion.
    How do I primal reverse the pokemon. in fire red
    I have added mega evolution and it works just fine.
    but when i change the byte to 1 wich should primal reverse, nothing happens

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    Is this project completely stable touch?
    No. The current version has introduced new bugs in the process of fixing old ones. I'm sticking to an older build of it until it is completely polished, or at the very least link battle mega evolving is fixed.

RuFF

Hope you're having a RuFF day!
    Years
  • Can someone help me how to fix this? This is what happens when the AI's 2nd to 6th Pokemon Mega Evolve. Did I do something wrong? I'm using MrDs patch.

WfZ2u4h.png
    hX32AD7.png

The message uses the AI's first Pokemon and the Pokemon's sprite is not updating. But I think the Base stats and the ability of the Pokemon changes properly.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2017
    Hey on Github it says to install the Files into a Clean Romhack im about half way through my hack i was using standard Evo for Mega evolutions but i saw this thread so is it Mandatory to be a clean rom :)

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
    Years
  • I have a question on primal reversion.
    How do I primal reverse the pokemon. in fire red
    I have added mega evolution and it works just fine.
    but when i change the byte to 1 wich should primal reverse, nothing happens

Same thing occurs for me, mega evolution and wish works fine but primal reversion not work,
    i make everything correct because Rayquaza works and Megas too, but primal reversion not work
    i change the unknow byte for 0100 (hex edit).
    anyone tested it?

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
    Years
  • I found this bugs:
    * if you switch your pokemon in the same time with your opponent mega evolve, your pokemon backsprite and your battle box dissapear. (if you refresh the screen it back normal, "enter in bag")
    * if your opponent mega evolve first you will can't mega evolve.
    * After you battle with mega evolve pokemon, when your battle with another pokemon the "Lv", in battle box, disappear for one battle.
    * Mega evolution not work in double battle.
    * Primal reversion not work.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    okay can someone please give me a patch of a working fire red mega evolution i know i sound like im being lazy but thats not it at all ive been stuck on the part for days where you type make in the cmd it would always say failed or error even though i installed make and python and the devkitarm and i cant seem to get around it

i know im asking alot but if someone can give me a patch of a working mega evolution that would be great

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
    Years
    • Age 27
    • ???
    • Seen Jul 1, 2020
    okay can someone please give me a patch of a working fire red mega evolution i know i sound like im being lazy but thats not it at all ive been stuck on the part for days where you type make in the cmd it would always say failed or error even though i installed make and python and the devkitarm and i cant seem to get around it

i know im asking alot but if someone can give me a patch of a working mega evolution that would be great

what errors. you get in cmd?

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    im getting the same errors that delta kirby is having and also i put the disable keystone check command and its still not working

King Arrow Siham

Absolute Disaster
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2017
    Guys I tried everything but failed! Can anyone give me a patch of an working Pokémon Fire Red ROM with Mega Evolution method added?

I know my request may sound bad. But It would be great if someone helps.

Thanks

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2016
    Hello !
    Find old data it is better the new update has more issues if u still want the new one then check the posts above u will get it.
    if u apply a patch then u wont be able to update the code if any comes up.

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    okay so i finally got my test.gba but now how do i make my squirtle mega evolve i gave it the item index of 4 which is a pokeball the item he needs to mega evolve and when i press start to mega evolve it nothing happens i also go to HXD and i go to 0x800000 and the mega evolution code is in there so i dont know why this is happening

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK and im loving it just one question does anyone have or know a item editor that actually adds images to a rom because complete item editor dosent allow that

Years
  • I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK and im loving it just one question does anyone have or know a item editor that actually adds images to a rom because complete item editor dosent allow that

This question is unrelated to the topic so should really go in the Quick Questions & Answers thread over in the Beginner's Lounge.

At any rate, you'd probably just want to use a regular image editor, such as NSE, to insert the items and then set the offsets using an item editor. That being said I do think Advanced Item Editor lets you directly insert item images, but I've never had too much success with that tool myself and find it easier to just use the separate tools in tandem.

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    I have a question? When will Mega evolution be compatible with link battles would be really awesome to battle with the actual code just like in X & Y

BLAx501!

Pokemon Flux
    Years
  • Hmm, I have a question that may sound dumb, but... Does this Mega-Evolution code mess up with trainerbattle 0x9. It is suposed to let you continue a script even if you got defeated (used by Professor Oak on his laboratory when battling Green), but it won't work with this system on the same ROM... Any ideas?

Back