• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

| Poll | Best Football player ever?

Who is the best football player ever?

• Pele

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johan Cruyff

• Franz Beckenbauer

• Eusebio

• Ronaldinho

• Total voters

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
  • I selected some known footballers from now and the past who are often regarded to be 'the best to have ever played'. Who do you regard as the greatest football player ever?

goat_2162061b.jpg

Give your opinion in the poll, this image is just an indication.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • Steven Gerrard, mate. Those filthy wannabes have done nothing for the Greatest Club In The World.

(to the tune of Que Sera, Sera: )
    STEVE GERRARD GERRARD
    HE'LL PASS THE BALL 40 YARDS
    HE'S BIG AND HE'S FUCKING HARD
    STEVE GERRARD GERRARD

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    on a side note why does 40 year old david beckham still sound like a london youth who is going for a cheeky nando's with the lads

Infinitum

Years
  • Steven Gerrard, mate. Those filthy wannabes have done nothing for the Greatest Club In The World.

(to the tune of Que Sera, Sera: )
    STEVE GERRARD GERRARD
    HE'LL PASS THE BALL 40 YARDS
    HE'S BIG AND HE'S PSYDUCKING HARD
    STEVE GERRARD GERRARD

Outcome of a Liverpool fan smoking cannabis.

£

Years
  • on a side note why does 40 year old david beckham still sound like a london youth who is going for a cheeky nando's with the lads

He had to make a conscious effort to sound posh and this was of great amusement to me. idek how he did it but he's made a bigger post-football career out of being David Beckham

Outcome of a Liverpool fan smoking cannabis.

Oh yeah? Well, we're going to win the league this year mate we've gotten 3 points and we're gonna get the other 111 all too soon. Wonder if we can win the title by Christmas...

Years
  • Stewie Downing

I always say Cristiano Ronaldo because I'm biased as f--- he's the best player I've seen play, but since he isn't on the poll I will have to go with someone who played before I was born since that's preferable compared to voting for Messi.

Anyway, since I obviously know very little about how these players played week in, week out, it is difficult to make a decision. I voted on the poll for Ferenc Puskas, but then remembered that Franco heavily influenced Spanish football back then which probably would destroy half my reasoning. Anyway, I would probably only ever vote for Puskas, Eusebio or Pele in this situation because it's hard to give it to anyone else since I can't see how they all played on a regular basis and don't have in depth modern statistics on them to make up for that.

Oh yeah? Well, we're going to win the league this year mate we've gotten 3 points and we're gonna get the other 111 all too soon. Wonder if we can win the title by Christmas...

It's nice to finally know who runs the Deluded Brendan twitter account.

Reactions: £
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    He had to make a conscious effort to sound posh and this was of great amusement to me. idek how he did it but he's made a bigger post-football career out of being David Beckham

I know they say "Assumptions make fools of you and I", but assuming you're trolling is the only way I can make sense of you comments right now.
    As for the best of all time, I'm gonna say Messi. I'd love to be able to say Thierry Henry, who I think is the best to grace the premier league, but...no.

Infinitum

Years
  • Someone seems to have voted for Puskas, Hungarian around?

I know they say "Assumptions make fools of you and I", but assuming you're trolling is the only way I can make sense of you comments right now.
    As for the best of all time, I'm gonna say Messi. I'd love to be able to say Thierry Henry, who I think is the best to grace the premier league, but...no.

I had to make a selection, Thierry Henry is probably not in the same line with the above players.

Last edited by a moderator:

£

Years
  • I know they say "Assumptions make fools of you and I", but assuming you're trolling is the only way I can make sense of you comments right now.

How's 20th place going for you? ;D I'd be more inclined to go for Messi in seriousness but a Messi/Ronaldo fest makes for a bland football topic, no?

It's nice to finally know who runs the Deluded Brendan twitter account.

I love that account so much it's the best account on Twitter and makes me feel better about everything that's wrong with Liverpool and our fanbase. <3 RAWK Meltdown makes for a worthwhile follow too.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    How's 20th place going for you? ;D I'd be more inclined to go for Messi in seriousness but a Messi/Ronaldo fest makes for a bland football topic, no?

I love that account so much it's the best account on Twitter and makes me feel better about everything that's wrong with Liverpool and our fanbase. <3 RAWK Meltdown makes for a worthwhile follow too.

This hurt me more than it shouldve tbqh...probably because you're a Liverpool fan. Everything else about this comment makes me want to like it, but that first part has left a scar on my soul that can only be healed by another FA cup, the league, or the champions league.

£

Years
  • This hurt me more than it shouldve tbqh...probably because you're a Liverpool fan. Everything else about this comment makes me want to like it, but that first part has left a scar on my soul that can only be healed by another FA cup, the league, or the champions league.

You could say it was a... low blow. ;D To be fair you're the lesser of four evils as far as I'm concerned. (United/City/Chelski being the other three!)

And you need to stop hogging the FA Cup and learn to share it already. The Brodge's trophyless run is doing my head in.

Years
  • Someone seems to have voted for Puskas, Hungarian around?

More like an Englishman with a poor knowledge of pre-Premier League football and an irrational aversion to Messi. :P

It's always a good sight when one of their tweets appear, but my personal favourite would have to be Boring James Milner.

Last edited:

Infinitum

Years
  • It's a bit of a shame that there is already a reasonable amount of topic views, despite only 4 members did an effort to vote on the poll...

Infinitum

Years
  • Bring up my post!

Infinitum

Years
  • Maradona took a 1-vote lead! *sarcasm*

Why does nobody vote? If I see the amount of views to the topic, and then compare it to the poll votes, it's just not relevant...

Years
  • I voted for Ronaldo only because he was the most popular footballer when I was growing up. It's difficult to actually choose a greatest one here. I haven't watched all of these play.

Why does nobody vote? If I see the amount of views to the topic, and then compare it to the poll votes, it's just not relevant...

Maybe because this site is full of Americans who have no idea what this thread is about?

Back