• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SyntaxError occurred when editing a move effect

Years
  • In the script section PokeBattle_Move Effects, i edited a few parts, and it gives me the same error message every time: Script 'PokeBattle_MoveEffects' line ____: (it's always the last line in the script) SyntaxError occurred. Of course, as I check back, this line only has one word all the time, and that is "end". This never happened to me before until I edited minor parts of the scripts in order to add new move and ability effects, not touching anywhere else. I am using the Gen 6 pack, so my last few lines look like this:

################################################################################
    # Belch
    ################################################################################
    class PokeBattle_Move_162 < PokeBattle_Move
    def pbMoveFailed(attacker,opponent)
    if !(attacker.effects[PBEffects::CanBelch])
    @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("But it failed!"))
    return true
    else
    return false
    end
    end
    end

The error message occurs as I am starting up the game.

Here is a screenshot for clarification:
    SyntaxError occurred when editing a move effect

Last edited:
    Back