• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Team Flare

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Each and every main-series Pokémon games in the past have had evil organizations lurking, trying to, in general, have things their way; X and Y is no different. For these two games, it's Team Flare, whose members always seem to wear orange-colored outfit and have tendency to be leaning on fashion. Usually, their teams seem to be filled with fire-type Pokémon.

What are your thoughts on this team? Did you like their involvement in Pokémon X and Y, or did you not? If you're siding with latter, why's that, and what is one thing would have you done (if it were up to you) to make these guys stand out more? Would you like to see them make appearance again in their third installment or sequels?

Also, last but not least, if we were to name this organization something else, what would we go with?

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Yes It kinda fit the storyline about a beautiful world well Kalos sure is beautiful but.. There are several things i dont like:
    We have team flare its scientists and admins i would have liked to see more intriguing things about the admins except a different sprite maybe something more unique and better names like in sinnoh each admin was well respected here it was the scientists.
    The scientists are unique and i like them a lot but since when are the scientists more powerful than admins why arent they admins?
    Ok so here's the biggie i love lysandre he reminds me of myself and hes a cool rich character now hes aiming to make the world beautiful again well his team really doesnt they spent there million to survive and are literally just evil they wanna survive and cause misery to others atleast with other teams like aqua and magma everyone had the same goal but lysandre calls them pathetic and wishes for them to be eliminated as well.

Ok so overall after all my babbling id say
    55%Loved IT!
    45% Eh it was ok....

And as for if i could name it something else Team Pyro just because it sounds better although i like the name not really imaginative you know?

Years
  • Team Flare, as a name, is fine but the whole ideology behind their purpose, the means through which they wanted to obtain the perfect world, and their insistence on their "fashion-sense" left a lot to be desired. I know this is a kids game, but would it hurt GameFreak to make things at least a little more complex? I mean I'm sure I don't remember much about the games considering I only just got back into the franchise with X, but shouldn't Lysandre have an ultimate motivation behind his way of thinking?

I noticed there were more scientists and "big name" individuals from the organization but that's meaningless if there's not a personality to go with it.

Years
  • Well, they had grunts with funny dialogue, at least. And I have to give credit to Lysandre for having a ridiculous motive in wanting to blow up everything by reviving the ultimate weapon. I really did find the whole genocide thing on the extreme side.

While they weren't Team Plasma, I have to say they had motives I actually liked, even if not for the proper reasons.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    The grunts were silly, but honestly most team grunts suck so I wasn't that bothered. I thought their costumes were a bit much at first, but it sorta went together as time went on. I felt like they wore suits because they wanted a beautiful and perfect world and a suit is something that is classic "perfect" looking.

My main issue were the admins and the scientists like others have stated. The admins were all the same which was a bit boring. The two admin designs went well with the rest of the team so why not have two admins be characters with a more substantial part? Also the scientists were made to all be different, but there was barely any character build on them. Team flare members remind me a lot of team galactic, but team galactic actually gave personalities behind the admins/scientists which made them enjoyable.

I thought Lysandre was a good team leader. He was interesting and I understood what he desired.

Overall I'd def like to see them in a third installment if that happens. Hopefully the team members will be given more personality because I really think this team has potential.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I liked that their introduction was somewhat of a throwback to Team Rocket. The first time you encounter a Flare Grunt is in Glittering Cave while he was looking for fossils, the first time you encounter Team Rocket Grunts in Gen 1/3 was in Mt. Moon, also while looking for fossils. And then there's the Pokeball Factory which somewhat reminds me of that Silph Co. part in the first game.

Team Flare's outfit is...unique. I'm not exactly sure if I should like it or not, but at least it gives them their own "flair". Their lack of personality might even be intented, as uniforms are ment to give the wearer the feeling of being one of many, taking personality away to a certain degree. It just "suits" their elitism.
    Lysandre was ok, he had his idealistic believes and stuck with them until the end. Him being able to mevo his Gyarados also cuts into your believe of fighting someone who's evil, as you are told that only good people who treat their Pokemon good are able to use Mega Evolutions.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I liked that their introduction was somewhat of a throwback to Team Rocket. The first time you encounter a Flare Grunt is in Glittering Cave while he was looking for fossils, the first time you encounter Team Rocket Grunts in Gen 1/3 was in Mt. Moon, also while looking for fossils. And then there's the Pokeball Factory which somewhat reminds me of that Silph Co. part in the first game.

Team Flare's outfit is...unique. I'm not exactly sure if I should like it or not, but at least it gives them their own "flair". Their lack of personality might even be intented, as uniforms are ment to give the wearer the feeling of being one of many, taking personality away to a certain degree. It just "suits" their elitism.
    Lysandre was ok, he had his idealistic believes and stuck with them until the end. Him being able to mevo his Gyarados also cuts into your believe of fighting someone who's evil, as you are told that only good people who treat their Pokemon good are able to use Mega Evolutions.

Eh... I cannot find Lysandre's motives to be idealistic at all. Yay, lets brutally murder EVERYBODY so we're the only ones left. He attempts to justify it by saying there's not enough resources for everybody but really, he's a flipping omnicidal maniac who is absolutely fine with murdering ALL the humans leaving the entire world all to themselves and whatever Pokemon may be left. Either he's a lunatic or he's the most evil man we've met yet, with very little reason for him to be like that. But even with that there's really not much about him that stands out. He's there, he tries to murder everyone, he's friends with the creepiest professor besides Baro, and that's all. He's a flat character.

As for him being at least somewhat good because he can mega evolve his Gyrados... keep in mind Cyrus, the guy who tried to destroy reality to remake it devoid of spirit and emotion, has a Crobat on his team, which can only evolve if it loves its trainer enough. The guy may like his Pokemon but that doesn't make him any less evil.

As for the rest of Team Flare... Well I can't say they're bad. They remind me a bit of Team Rocket, just going to places and causing chaos for fun and profit. They're silly, they insist what they wear is fashionable, and don't really seem to know what their leaders are doing and don't seem to care all that much.

Years
  • Team Flare is a team composed by fashion rejects with red suits, led by a homicidal maniac with weird hair and ridiculous motives.

Years
  • To be honest I found team flare to be dull, I almost saw them as a team Magma rip off lol. But in many ways I find the "bad guy teams" as whole sometimes boring I like Rocket (just plain crooks) and Aqua/Magma(Environmental extremists) but the rest I can barely remember their motives.
    What was funny with flare though was eveyone even prof Sycamore thought Lysandre to be some kind of great awesome guy even though He was obviously a team Flare dude with the red clothing and ginger beard :/

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • I've talked in a previous thread like this about how I think Lysandre is a boring waste of time with no personality, or anything resembling a motive, so I don't feel like repeating myself.
    As for Team Flare itself, I like the idea of them basically being self-absorbed rich jerks and I also find a lot of their dialog pretty funny. And the Admins and Scientists, while they didn't have too much personality, had really interesting battle intros. I wouldn't mind seeing Team Flare return in the third Kalos game under new management, I just don't want another boring Lysandre-like villain in a Pokemon game.

Back