• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Mega-evolution do you think looks the ugliest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    Mega Pinsir looks like a mutated freak, but that's a bit too harsh. The mega evolution that really grinded my gears was Mega Heracross. Being one of my favorites, I was happy to see a favorite get a mega evolution. When I saw it, I was deeply dissapointed. I wanted a cool looking bug type, not some puffy fists and a huge nose.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2015
    I think the worst is Aggron and Gyarados.
    I really like normal aggron too. The mega is a huge disappointment.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • Don't even get me started on Mega Medicham...... I don't even... it's just.... what have they done? It kind of looks like a psychic (Makes sense) mixed with a genie mixed with those people that raise snakes out of vases. I actually like Medicham, but for the sake of my eyes, I will never mega evolve it.

Mega Manectric isn't that bad, but it does need more work. It's almost just a lightning bolt. Not even a cat/dog thing (not sure wish it's supposed to be....).

And the worst of them all.......
    Mega Banette....
    It looks like its guts are popping out of it, the way they made it look like it could be zipped open/closed. I never particularly liked the way that it looked, but now.... it's just.... bleh....

Some others that aren't horrible but are pretty bad include: Pinsir, Aerodactly, Heracross, Gyrardos, Abomasnow, Gengar, Aggron, Mewtwo X.
    I think Houndoom looks the best, to be honest. Lucario is pretty awesome, too.

I only like: Houndoom Lucario, both Charizards, Mewtwo Y, Scizor, Ampharos, Tyranitar, Blaziken, and Absol.
    I wanted a Mega Dragonite, but it didn't happen. (Dragonite's my favorite pokemon). (Houndoom's my second.)

Years
  • Well, I'd hate to say this but I dislike a lot of the Mega Evos
    -Mega Charizard X : too dramatic, color change...
    -Mega Gengar : HATE it. IMO they ruined something that could have been great
    -Mega Pinsir : too complexe and busy
    -Mega Gyarados : as said above looks like a. Shrimp (LOL)
    -Mega Aerodactyl : had such good potential, one of my fav pokemon :(
    -Mega Mewtwo : I just find it ugly :/
    And theres actually a few more, they could have done better.

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
    Years
  • I used to sorta dislike the concept of Mega-Evolution, but now that I use it more often I am starting to like it. But, my very first opinion on Megas still stand: They almost all look HORRIBLE. I can't think of too many of the top of my head (I still don't pay much attention to Megas), but I can't stand how Mega-Heracross looks. He just looks...fake, like he got plastic surgery. I can't really describe it, but I just don't like how it looks!

And to be honest, one of the only Megas that actually looks good is Kangaskhan (If you understand what I am trying to say :D )

Years
  • I would say Mega Alakazam. Mainly because my strategic one is female and I am not really into bearded ladies...

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    Mega pinsir looks horrible. But it's a good mega though. It just looks like it stumbled across steroids.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    mega pinsir and mega heracross look odd to me.

I think charizard X looks dope

Years
  • The only ones that stand out to me are Charizard X, and Scizor..

With Charizard, its a bit more complicated. I guess it's what it represents to me, and I don't like it. Charizard is regarded as being a fan favorite, so much so that even Gamefreak has decided to put him on the same level as Mewtwo by giving him two mega evolutions, and no one else. 1 of which, doesn't even remotely look like it belongs in the chain at all outside of having Charizard's face. If it was ever a plan to make a second set of Megas for the Kanto crew, or any other starting groups.. I would of much rather release them all at once. I'd let Gamefreak get away with making crazy forms for their legendaries, but Starters are different. Starters are supposed to balance each other out. Charizard X ruins it all.. ..... oh yeah and I don't like those stupid flaming blue drool either. Show some class, bro.

Scyther and Scizor were always favorites of mine, going all the way back to Red and Blue. It was actually that episode in the anime (even before having the game) that made me want one. I actually did stoneage internet research to see which version he was in speifcally so I could have one. Scizor was kind of a step back in terms of appearance.. you can't really cut dudes with clamps. So when I heard he was getting a Mega Evolution, I was pretty pumped.. but when I actually saw it, I have to say... what a missed oppurtunity. I was expecting more Scythery elements in him, maybe a few blades somewhere like Bisharp or something.. but no.. he looks like all he wants to do is trim my hedges. And somewhere an angel started to cry.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Scyther and Scizor were always favorites of mine, going all the way back to Red and Blue. It was actually that episode in the anime (even before having the game) that made me want one. I actually did stoneage internet research to see which version he was in speifcally so I could have one. Scizor was kind of a step back in terms of appearance.. you can't really cut dudes with clamps. So when I heard he was getting a Mega Evolution, I was pretty pumped.. but when I actually saw it, I have to say... what a missed oppurtunity. I was expecting more Scythery elements in him, maybe a few blades somewhere like Bisharp or something.. but no.. he looks like all he wants to do is trim my hedges. And somewhere an angel started to cry.
    They remind me of giant staplers of disappointment. The stilt legs aren't all that attractive either...

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I dislike quite a bit of them.

Mega Mewtwo Y- Looks ridiculous.
    Mega Heracross
    Mega Gardevoir
    Mega Manectric

They all just looked weird

Pryze

Straight chillin
    Years
  • Mega Venusaur looks stupid as all hell. I feel as though they weren't even trying with it; its basically just regular Venusaur with a flower on its forehead, and a few more leaves.

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
    Years
  • I think Mega Aggron looks pretty dumb. I'm sorta biased because Aggron is my favorite Pokemon, but I really don't like the direction the designers took.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    The worst mega evolution according to me Is alakazam.It just looks downright weird.I fell it ashould have been in a final fantasy game

LicensedJet

Playing Pokémon Y ~
    Years
  • I personally don't like either Mega Heracross or Mega Medicham. If it didn't have such a big nose I may think differently.
    I've never liked Medicham as a Pokémon itself and it's mega evolution doesn't change my opinion of it.
    In regards to the 'ugliest' Pokémon, I would have to say Mega Aerodactyl, the beard and fingers it has after evolving just worries me.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I'd definitely have to say Mega Manectric. It just looks so silly haha.

I think Alakazam, Medicham, and Gengar's mega's look a little doofy, too. But they're not on the same level as Manectric :O

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
  • Most of them look great. Mega Manectric is a disappointment. I dislike Mega Charizard Y because it looks like Charizard bulked a little rather than a Mega Evolution.

Charizard X looks a lot better in my opinion. The blue flames make it epic. Love Mega Lucario too.

When I was planning my purchase, I was debating which game had more Mega-Evolution exclusives that I liked. I felt the same way about Charizard Y, but I liked Mewtwo Y too much to pass up.

I find Mewtwo X to have the same lack of appeal that Charizard Y has. It just felt like a bulked up version of what was already there. They should've given Mewtwo X a third eye or something equally pyschic-ified.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2020
    Even though it isnt ugly, i really feel like thy could have done alot more with Mega Venusaur.. they just elongated the flower and added vines.. like seriously? the other two starters got incredibl mega evolutions and thats all Venusaur gets? so that's why i think it can be improved..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back