• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon DarkGrey

Do you want to have 5th gen Pokemon in this hack?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
  • Pokemon DarkGrey

Pokemon: DarkGrey​
    Hack of Ruby

Story:
    October 15th, 2000
    It was my Birthday that day. I was 5 years old, at the park with my Father, when a creature attacked us. It was Grey, with a Purple tail. It attacked us without warning, until I fell to the ground. It prepared it's final attack, but my Father...he intervened and was struck down. A group of people then appeared, all wearing a Red letter R on their tops. They ignored me and my father, and proceeded to attack the Creature. They followed after it, leaving me and my father, injured. I awoke to find myself in a hospital bed, fully recovered. My father, however, was not so lucky.

October 15th 2010
    I turn 15 today, meaning I am now old enough to leave home for my Pokemon journey. I will get revenge, revenge on the Pokemon that killed my father. Well, my Mum is calling me. It's time to go.​

Features:
    The Return of Team Rocket!
    Travel the region of Nameless!
    Battle and catch new Pokemon, as well as old ones!
    Stuff happens!
    No more Gym Leaders, instead battle Team Rocket Executives!​

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Everyone in Nameless Productions!​

Credits:
    PHO
    Green Charizard
    Peyi
    Rata
    Pokemon Diamond
    Hackun
    MetalFlygon08
    GameFreak
    Zeikaro
    Shiny Quagsire
    Dialapalkiagiratina​

Userbars:
    Code:
    http://www.iaza.com/work/100628C/ub22324824578-iaza.gif
    ub22324824578-iaza.gif

Pokemon DarkGrey

Last edited:

Poke_M0

(Hidden)
    Years
  • I love the tiles and i like it because its an emerald hack too well but you can change the hero's OW sprite anyways keep up the good work and gud luck in this hack!

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
  • It's good to see your hack is up. ;] I love the tiles. Did you make them yourselves or did you insert them?

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • Pokemon DarkGrey

Update!
    DarkGrey_01-4.png

the mart really didn't go well with the tiles, and neither did the pokemon centre. So I decided to use one building for both, and inserted the new pokemon centre/mart. There are a few errors on the top right but I'm working on fixing those (just parts I didn't recolour properly).​

@Poke_MO
    thanks ^^
    Yes, the hero, as well as every other overworld is going to be changed ^^

@garg_priyansh
    You liked the story about a dad dying!? xD, thanks!

@vietazn654
    thanks! I just inserted them, but if I get better at tile spriting I may add custom ones too.

Pokemon DarkGrey

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
  • Pokemon DarkGrey

Update!
    DarkGrey_01-4.png

the mart really didn't go well with the tiles, and neither did the pokemon centre. So I decided to use one building for both, and inserted the new pokemon centre/mart. There are a few errors on the top right but I'm working on fixing those (just parts I didn't recolour properly).​

@Poke_MO
    thanks ^^
    Yes, the hero, as well as every other overworld is going to be changed ^^

@garg_priyansh
    You liked the story about a dad dying!? xD, thanks!

@vietazn654
    thanks! I just inserted them, but if I get better at tile spriting I may add custom ones too.

Pokemon DarkGrey
    Could you tell me where you got the tiles? Unless they're private I understand. =p

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Story seems a bit cliché (Oh look the player has no father XD) but at least you explained it I guess. I do find it a bit weird how a 16 year old is so angry o_o, also what purpose does Mew have in this hack as its shown in the screenshots.

The mapping, from the screenshots, looks quite awkward. Your paths in the town is too thick and your ledges in the route are annoying - jumping off the top ledge to the right lands you on a tree, ouch.

The palettes are a touch too bright, taking them down just slightly will make it easier on the eye.

Aside from the hack itself this CSS is bad for the eyes. Center it all and stop the background image showing through the screenshots, then maybe make the text a bit bigger and brighter to make it easier to read.

Good luck ^^

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • Did you ask MetalFlygon to use his sprites?

he made that sprite for me. check his sprite thread and it says that.

Story seems a bit cliché (Oh look the player has no father XD) but at least you explained it I guess. I do find it a bit weird how a 16 year old is so angry o_o, also what purpose does Mew have in this hack as its shown in the screenshots.
    15 year old :P
    The mapping, from the screenshots, looks quite awkward. Your paths in the town is too thick and your ledges in the route are annoying - jumping off the top ledge to the right lands you on a tree, ouch.
    Yes, my mapping is not good, but I fixed the ledge so thanks for saying :)
    The palettes are a touch too bright, taking them down just slightly will make it easier on the eye.
    People from WAH said it was too dark, so that's why it's like that
    Aside from the hack itself this CSS is bad for the eyes. Center it all and stop the background image showing through the screenshots, then maybe make the text a bit bigger and brighter to make it easier to read.
    I've centered it now, but, in all honesty, I don't know how to stop it being transparent at the screenshots XD
    Good luck ^^
    Comments in Bold

Last edited:

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • sorry for double post, but thanks to dialgapalkiagiratina DarkGrey now has a Support Bar!
    ub22324824578-iaza.gif

I'll add it to the first post too
    expect some major updates soon ;)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Ok.... I don't really care about the story and whether it's cliché or not,
    'cause that's not the most important thing about a Hack.

The problem is that you mixed R/S/E OWs and D/P/P OWs in your Hack.
    That's not good. You should only use one style (Or two, if it's FR OWs).

Compared to R/S/E OWs, D/P/P OWs are giants. Giants are not good.
    You don't see a giant in town everyday, right?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Ok.... I don't really care about the story and whether it's cliché or not,
    'cause that's not the most important thing about a Hack.

Aha, I hope that's a joke XD the story is the MOST important thing.

--

The CSS is much easier to read now thanks XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back