• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my team

Years
  • this is my first shot at a competitive team so please be harsh.

Lead: Flygon@choice scarf
    Evs: 252 speed 252 attack
    lax nature
    levitate
    Stone edge
    outrage
    earthquake
    u-turn
    awesome lead, out speeds just about anything, u- turn out of a bad match up

Umbreon@leftovers
    evs:252defense 252 spe defense
    lax nature
    synchronize
    toxic
    moonlight
    protect
    dark pulse
    my stall wall, slowly faint the enemy with toxic and moonlight to heal

Heracross@muscleband
    evs: 252attack 252 speed
    rash nature
    guts
    stone edge
    bulk up
    close combat
    megahorn
    my physical sweeper, one bulk up and close combat and megahorn are
    deadly

Gengar@focus sash
    evs: 252 speed 252 spe attack
    serious nature
    levitate
    focus blast
    shadow ball
    thunderbolt
    substitute
    substitute to scout then my attacks to kill

Kingdra@life orb
    ev:not sure
    hasty nature
    sniper
    dragon dance
    dragon pulse
    substitute
    waterfall
    my deadly dragon, can hit hard from both sides of the attacking spectrum

skarmory@leftovers
    Evs: 252 spe defense 252 hp
    serious nature
    keen eye
    roost
    steel wing
    spikes
    aerial ace

basically my wall, roost off any damage, aerial ace over drill peck because i need something to counter act a double teamer

once again please be harsh

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Jolly > Lax for Flygon, Lax doesn't help Flygon with anything really, and Jolly allows it to speed tie with other Scarf Flygon and Jirachi. Jolly > Rash for Heracross, so it can outrun stuff like Heatran. Timid > Serious for Gengar, so it outruns Jirachi, Flygon, Zapdos, etc. I don't see any use of Dragon Pulse on Kingdra, it's really weak and I doubt it will do much to physical walls. Outrage would be more useful and is very powerful. Adamant > Hasty since you aren't using any special attacks anyway now (Kingdra needs all the power it can get too). Sniper is decent, but Swift Swim is more useful in my opinion so you can beat Rain Dance teams. Impish > Serious for Skarmory, you aren't using any special attacks and Impish ensures you aren't 2HKOed by Dragonite's +1 Outrage if I recall correctly. Drill Peck > Aerial Ace, it damages more, but Brave Bird is ok too for more power. Stealth Rock > Steel Wing, Steel Wing doesn't provide any additional coverage other than Tyranitar, but you can Roost stall it (you need 28 Speed EVs though) and Hera and Flygon check it already.

Usually you should place EVs in HP before defenses, unless the Pokemon already has high HP. So, the EVs that gives Umbreon the best overall defenses would be 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Sp.Def and a +Sp.Def nature (used X-Act's program). Though, Umbreon is going to be walling special attackers more than physical because most physical sweepers have a super effective move or just has other means of dealing with Umbreon. So, just use 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Sp.Def with Careful nature, then change Dark Pulse to Payback because it does more damage typically. Wish > Moonlight, sandstorm is common thanks to Tyranitar and Hippowdon, and Wish supports the team. Still, I don't see this working well since Umbreon has no ways of getting past Steel-types so it can Toxic.

Substitute and Focus Sash seems contradicting, but Focus Sash isn't effective outside the leading role due to Stealth Rock. Leftovers would be a better item option, but I guess Expert Belt or Spell Tag are decent options too.

Short:
    - Jolly > Lax for Flygon
    - Jolly > Rash for Heracross
    - Timid > Serious for Gengar
    - Adamant > Hasty, Outrage > Dragon Pulse, and Swift Swim > Sniper for Kingdra
    - Impish > Serious, Stealth Rock > Steel Wing, Drill Peck or Brave Bird > Aerial Ace, and place 28 EVs in Speed for Skarmory
    - 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Sp.Def > current EV spread, Careful > Lax, Payback > Dark Pulse, and Wish > Moonlight for Umbreon
    - Leftovers (or Expert Belt / Spell Tag) > Focus Sash for Gengar

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sorry, but your natures are all bad. You need to get new Pokemon with better Natures.

Never ever use a Pokemon with a Neutral Nature (a Nature that doesn't boost any stat). This means you should avoid Hardy, Bashful, Serious, and Quirky natures. Every Pokemon in the game needs a Nature that boosts one of their important stats while lowering their least important stat.

You should also never use a Pokemon with a Lax nature (+Defense, -SpDefense) or Gentle nature (+SpDefense, -Defense). That's because there is no Pokemon in the game that benefits from having a boost in one defense and a drop in another.

FLYGON

Scarf Flygon is a great Pokemon that can do a bunch of things. It's a great Revenge killer, a great scout, and a great counter to Electric and Fire types. But one thing its NOT great at is a lead.

Your lead should focus on setting up for the rest of the your, primarily entry hazards like Stealth Rock. Flygon cannot learn any entry hazards so it doesn't work as a lead.

Move Flygon into another slot, make Skarmory your lead since Skarmory is the only Pokemon on your team that learns a entry hazard.

SKARMORY

Replace Steel Wing with Stealth Rock since Stealth Rock is awesome and Steel Wing is useless. Replace Aerial Ace with Brave Bird, which is twice as strong.

GENGAR

NEVER ever use Focus Sash on a Pokemon that is not your lead. Focus Sash only works if your Pokemon is at full 100% health. Entry hazards, especially Stealth Rock, will damage your Pokemon when you switch them in and make Focus Sash useless.

Replace Sash with Life Orb or Leftovers.

KINGDRA

Your mixed Kingdra set is not very good. It requires too much set up and not enough power.

Kingdra @Life Orb
    Naughty Nature
    Swift Swim
    252 Atk / 240 SpA / 16 Spd

-Rain Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Draco Meteor
    -Hydro Pump/Surf

The above set has tons of power and only requires one turn of set up to really get going.

HERACROSS

Why are you using Rash? Rash boosts Special Attack, which you don't have. Use Adamant or Jolly (Jolly is better).

Replace Bulk Up with Swords Dance. Swords Dance gives you twice the power in one turn. Defense boosts don't matter, because Heracross isn't a wall.

Muscle Band is a terrible item. For a greater boost in Attack, use Life Orb or a Flame Orb since you have Guts.

UMBREON

That moveset is a typical "noob" Umbreon moveset. Yes, Umbreon is a great wall, but it's not just a wall, it's a team support Pokemon. It needs moves that benefit not just itself, but also the rest of the team.

Umbreon @Leftovers/Chople Berry
    Careful Nature
    252 HP / 92 SpDef / 164 Spd

-Mean Look
    -Baton Pass
    -Wish
    -Taunt/Yawn/Protect/Toxic

This is a much better set for Umbreon. It's goal is to heal your teammates and help them (especially Heracross) set up.

In short:

*Replace all 6 Pokemon for Better natures:

Flygon: Jolly
    Heracross: Jolly
    Kingdra: Naughty
    Umbreon: Careful
    Skarmory: Impish
    Gengar: Timid

*Make Skarmory your lead. Needs Brave Bird and Stealth Rock.
    *Life Orb or Flame Orb for Heracross
    *Life Orb or Leftovers for Gengar
    *New moveset for Kingdra
    *New moveset for Umbreon

I hope this helps. Sorry that you have to replace your entire team, but having good natures are really important in battling.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Last edited:
    Back