• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

wanna? rate

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Okay, so this is my RMT for Advance. This means stuff is different than DPP and if you don't know Advance, then don't rate. Its kinda annoying when people give DPP stuff for an Advance RMT so yeah, I'm just going to be blunt.

At A Glance
    wanna? rate
    wanna? rate
    wanna? rate
    wanna? rate
    wanna? rate
    wanna? rate

.:Introduction:.

So I'm actually rather new to Advance. I got into because DPP sucks and I wanted a change of pace besides "play lower tiers or ubers". Its actually really fun and imo the best metagame as far as balance goes and such. This was my attempt at a balanced team, and most of it came from lurking the old '07 threads in Smogon's Ever Grande City subforum. This team has some synergy and checks threats I guess. idk just read and rate. M(^__^)F

wanna? rate

Metagross @ Choice Band
    252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 Def
    Adamant Nature
    ~Earthquake
    ~Meteor Mash
    ~Rock Slide
    ~Explosion

Since Adv leads are mostly filler pokemon I went with CB Metagross. Its powerful and dents just about everything for something or other providing I predict right. Basically, the main objective of Metagross is to do as much damage as possible and then just Explode.

wanna? rate

Dragonite @ Leftovers
    176 Atk / 24 Spe / 252 SpAtk / 56 SpDef
    Brave Nature
    ~Focus Punch
    ~Flamethrower
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Hidden Power [Grass]

Dragonite is actually really cool in Adv. Its mixed set is really good. Its a good answer for my team as far as Swampert goes as well as Steel-types and such. Flamethrower I might consider dropping for Fire Blast so I get more damage. Focus Punch is amazing as far as predicting switches. Ice Beam can be used to hit Mence on the switch as well as other fliers / Celebi. Pretty good set imo but I'm willing to change it. Also I know this set has no STAB, you don't need to tell me.

wanna? rate

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    160 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpAtk / 40 SpDef
    Bold Nature
    ~Surf
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Wish
    ~Protect

Hey, remember when Vaporeon was good? Yeah, its my Wish passer. Really basic set, I got the EVs from Ala. Wish + Protect lets me either heal myself or others. Surf is a move for STAB and Ice Beam allows me to hit Mence/Celebi.

wanna? rate

Celebi @ Leftovers
    240 HP / 88 Def / 32 Spe / 148 SpDef
    Calm Nature
    ~Leech Seed
    ~Psychic
    ~Recover
    ~Heal Bell

Celebi is arguably one of the strongest pokemon in Advance. Its ability to use Heal Bell and Recover as well as annoying enemies with Leech Seed is amazing. Psychic is there for STAB, albeit a terrible one. I originally had Hidden Power [Grass] (Grass moves sucked back then) but I disliked being walled by Breloom. Leech Seed is for support/forcing switches. Recover is so I don't die to stuff and Heal Bell is for annoying Gengars/Dusclops.

wanna? rate

Raikou @ Leftovers
    40 HP / 252 SpAtk / 216 Spe
    Timid Nature
    ~Substitute
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Hidden Power [Grass]
    ~Thunderbolt

Raikou was probably the best special sweeper ever back then. The only thing rivals it imo was Jirachi. Once again, its straightforward generally I always CM the first turn, so I don't lose 25% if they bring in check and I don't waste my attacks PP. Thunderbolt hits just about everything that Hidden Power [Grass] doesn't. Its basically perfect neutral coverage for everything not named Magneton. >:(

wanna? rate

Heracross @ Choice Band
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    ~Focus Punch
    ~Hidden Power [Ghost]
    ~Megahorn
    ~Rock Slide

My other Choice Bander is Heracross. I love Heracross so much I think I might love it more than Quaggy. CB Megahorn is so freaking powerful I cannot begin to describe it. Rock Slide is also a beast move for getting rid of Zapdos, who is apparently the #1 Heracross switch-in. HP Ghost gets rid of Gengar and does a bit to Dusclops. Focus Punch is just amazing for when I predict switches.

.:Conclusion:.

So thats my team. It probably sucks but its done really well for me. Biggest problem atm is probably CM + 3 Jirachi (ikr) unless my Raikou gets to stat up first. Thanks for reading, sorry this one isn't as pretty and flashy as I usually do them up. :pirate:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You have a massive Taunt Gyarados weakness. DD/Taunt/HP Flying/EQ>>this team.

Raikou is largely useless without Dugtrio because of Blissey.

Spikes weak horribly. Skarm, Cloyster and Forry can all Spike here with relative ease.

Tyranitar wrecks you.

Dugtrio kills of 4/6 of your team. Celebi, Metagross, Heracross and Raikou all get absolutely wasted by it.

Really this seems like 6 random pokes slapped together with no synergy. Sorry but this needs a MASSIVE revamp and has far too many holes to work. :/

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • You have a massive Taunt Gyarados weakness. DD/Taunt/HP Flying/EQ>>this team.

Raikou is largely useless without Dugtrio because of Blissey.

Spikes weak horribly. Skarm, Cloyster and Forry can all Spike here with relative ease.

Tyranitar wrecks you.

Dugtrio kills of 4/6 of your team. Celebi, Metagross, Heracross and Raikou all get absolutely wasted by it.

Really this seems like 6 random pokes slapped together with no synergy. Sorry but this needs a MASSIVE revamp and has far too many holes to work. :/

(___)__)~~ :(

halp what should i change??

Your right about skarm/cloyster/forry :( I don't know what to change though. I feel like if I drop something I will be weak to something else.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • You're using a DP style team in the Advance era. Seriously, you absolutely need something to sponge special hits. Standard teams should not get totally wasted by things that generally aren't top-tier threats, like Alakazam, Dodrio, and (lol) offensive Starmie. I seriously have no idea who you have been playing to have made this work well for you since so much stuff just shreds it. It's not like you can even play like a DP offense team since everything you have bar Raikou is slow. You certainly can't hurt any team with any kind of defense (which is basically every good team) since SkarmBliss walls the whole thing. Physical attackers also drill you. Basically anything that gets past Vaporeon or can overwhelm it takes your team down. Too much reliance on Raikou to beat threats like Zapdos and Suicune.

Okay, lots to fix. Definitely some moveset/EV problems. CBGross should definitely have more than 100 Attack EVs. It already has enough trouble with Waters lol. Why in the world is Celebi running all that Special Defense? I know you don't have a special wall but come on, yo9u might as well be using Blissey here. Also, I have no idea where you're getting the idea that Electric/Grass is great neutral coverage from given Celebi's impact on the metagame. Also, Raikou sets up on Magneton, so it's not a worry.

Basically, you need to redo this. D_A basically hit the nail on the head. Nothing supports each other, you have a ton of weaknesses in exchange for just average offensive capabilities (Raikou is useless without something to beat down special walls, potentially Dugtrio as D_A said). Way too much of a DP mentality here. You need more balance.

For starters, drop the useless stuff. I'm looking at you, Dragonite. That doesn't accomplish anything that a CBMence can't, only it's a lot slower and weaker. No STAB sucks when you're working off of 100 base Special Attack that isn't even boosted by the nature.

Outside of that, I'd just go for a more reliable team structure. You definitely need a more reliable special wall. Snorlax and Blissey are obviously pretty great, but Regice works too given your horrendous weakness to Gyarados. Definitely needs a Rapid Spinner since Spikes = death for your team. If you need help building the team, talk to me when I'm on the server. But yeah, this isn't going to work. Waaaaaay too metagame weak.

Back