• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LOLOL QUICK CLAW MAMO WEAK! [OU RMT]

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
  • Yeah, I made a sandstorm offense team, but, honestly, it's bad (or maybe I'm just bad). I don't know how I'm winning ~75% of my battles (maybe because it's netbattle, lol), but I need help. =| My team absolutely lacks synergy and is really, really, weak to Physical walls and anything carrying EQ/Earth Power.

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Payback
    - Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge

Standard T-Tar anti-lead to get the Sandstorm off straight away and take out opposing leads. Works well against a lot of stuff, except stuff with fighting moves, in which case I go to this:

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Trait: Hyper Cutter
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Roost
    - Stone Edge
    - Swords Dance

Bog-standard Swords Dance Gliscor. Debating whether I should switch Hyper Cutter for Sand Veil. Cutter's shown very useful when Salamence or Gyarados thinks they can Intimidate me away somehow. With bulky EVs, I can easily tank Mence's Draco Meteor, although it leaves me much weaker in terms of offense and i don't need that much defensive power to tank it, either. Recommendation on a new EV spread?

Empoleon @ Life Orb
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 24 HP / 232 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Agility
    - Grass Knot
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam

Agility sweeping Empoleon for mid-late-game or when I'm getting screwed by opposing Sandstorm Stall teams, which really kill me dead.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 84 Atk / 252 Spd / 172 SAtk
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Iron Head
    - Thunderbolt
    - U-turn

Mixed Scarf Jirachi. I dunno where I came up with this, but I was sort of Ground-type Physical Wall weak and, well, HP Ice has the capability to surprise and deal decent damage. Weird EVs (?). Can 2HKO most things that wall the rest of my guys. Except Swampert. =(

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Outrage
    - U-turn

Second revenge killer (lol) and useful late-game sweeper with Outrage. Blast for Skarms, etc. Also, double U-turn is fun and very useful.

Regirock @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 196 HP / 60 Atk / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Curse
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Stone Edge

This guy...I sort of threw in at the end. He really tanks, but I also really dislike letting Sleep Talk run half the game for me so I'd prefer it if it were replaceable.

So, yeah. Go rip it apart. Please.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • Someone needs to read this: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=208994.
    Actually, half your team loses to mamo lol if Empoleon doesnt get a Agility before it switches in. Empoleon also needs T-Spikes support to work properly.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

Right now you're 3x Water weak , 3x Fighting weak, 4x Ground weak, and have 2 Pokemon with 4x Ice weaknesses.

Replace Empoleon with Vaporeon. One less Ground/Fighting weakness to worry about, as well as a reliable Water immunity and team healer.

Vaporeon @Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Spd
    -Surf
    -HP Electric
    -Wish
    -Protect

Redo that Gliscor. It's all wrong. Gliscor has no business trying to defend against Special Attacks. If you really want a Gliscor that does well in the sand, use this:

Gliscor @Leftovers
    Jolly Nature
    Sand Veil
    252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    -Earthquake
    -Toxic
    -Taunt
    -Roost

ToxicStall Gliscor cripples all the bulky waters even Gyarados/Suicune with Rest. You can then switch to Vaporeon to stall them out.

Replace Flygon with Scizor. Scizor terrorizes all Ice types and is still an effective scout/revenge killer. You have plenty of Fire resists already.

Scizor @Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
    Technician
    -Bullet Punch
    -U-Turn
    -Pursuit
    -Superpower

Replace Jirachi's Scarf with an Expert Belt. You can bluff a Scarf, but you won't be stuck in one attack like your opponent expects.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2011
    Just to add on what the others have said, I would suggest expert belt jirachi

Jirachi@Expert Belt
    Naive Nature
    252Atk, 252Spe, 4Spa
    -Iron Head
    -Ice Punch
    -Fire Punch
    -Grass Knot

This guy lures and kills most physical walls that troubles your team, including Swampert, way better than HP Ice ever can. I feel like you don't need 2 revenge killers anyway.

Lol who uses quick claw Mamoswine anyways? :)

Back