• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    Game: FireRed
    Type: Script
    Editor: XSE
    Hello again! I guess this question has been asked a thousand times but when I searched I couldn't find any answers!
    I wonder how you continue a script after the warp command has been executed? As of my understanding this seems
    to be an advanced topic so please at least pin-point me in the right direction!

I've observed the "oak" script in the beginning where Oak stops Ash from trespassing into the
    tall grass and later on returns with him into his lab.

Though I couldn't get a hang of how it works.

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
    Years
  • Game: FireRed
    Type: Script
    Hello again! I guess this question has been asked a thousand times but when I searched I couldn't find any answers!
    I wonder how you continue a script after the warp command has been executed? As of my understanding this seems
    to be an advanced topic so please at least pin-point me in the right direction!

I've observed the "oak" script in the beginning where Oak stops Ash from trespassing into the
    tall grass and later on returns with him into his lab.

Though I couldn't get a hang of how it works.

you make a second script in the new location.

Years
  • Well, it's not a matter of static or dynamic offsets at all.
    See below.

This script...
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @1 0x6
    release
    end

#org @1
    = My Text.....
    ...will work exactly the same as this one:
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    msgbox @1 0x2
    end

#org @1
    = My Text.....

I've tried, but still the same.... I can see him, but can't talk to him(?)
    I've hacked ruby and emerald, there it worked perfectly. But with Sapphire not, can that be the problem?

Years
  • Don't worry guys,I figured out my problem,and I'll say it to other people who are having trouble with it.
    [QUOTE="RayquazaLv.X]Whenever you compile a script with #dynamic 0x800000,a Offset will be copied and you can paste it in A-Map.[/QUOTE]

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    I've tried, but still the same.... I can see him, but can't talk to him(?)
    I've hacked ruby and emerald, there it worked perfectly. But with Sapphire not, can that be the problem?

What do you mean you can't talk to him? You can talk to him, but nothing happens? If so, make sure the script offsets is the proper one. Sapphire can't be the problem, as it's just like Ruby.

Hoshiko Aki

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2011
    #dynamic 0x800000
    #org @Start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x200
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @AlreadyLearnt
    msgbox 0x6 @WantToLearn
    compare LASTRESULT 0x0
    if 0x1 goto @DontWant
    setvar 0x8005 0x1D
    special 0x18D
    setflag 0x200
    release
    end

Type missmaths on line 7 but how can i fix it?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • #dynamic 0x800000
    #org @Start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x200
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @AlreadyLearnt
    msgbox 0x6 @WantToLearn
    compare LASTRESULT 0x0
    if 0x1 goto @DontWant
    setvar 0x8005 0x1D
    special 0x18D
    setflag 0x200
    release
    end

Type missmaths on line 7 but how can i fix it?

It says that because ou have no script at @AlreadyLearnt, @WantToLearn, @DontWant. So next time please make the full script before posting for help. And use flags over 0x1000, don't use 0x200.

Years
  • What do you mean you can't talk to him? You can talk to him, but nothing happens? If so, make sure the script offsets is the proper one. Sapphire can't be the problem, as it's just like Ruby.

If you have time, you could watch this movie I made. It shows what my problem is (pretty clear I think).

I can't post links, but if you type "hackmew xse problem sapphire hack" in at youtube, you'll only see 1 movie. That's the one.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    If you have time, you could watch this movie I made. It shows what my problem is (pretty clear I think).

I can't post links, but if you type "hackmew xse problem sapphire hack" in at youtube, you'll only see 1 movie. That's the one.

Uhm, I watched the movie. For me, talking is simply pressing A. Then, whether the person says something or not, that's another question. Anyway... try doing the following:

• Enter/exit a building before talking to the person
    • Delete any save games, and start a new game. Try talking the person after entering/exiting a building.
    • Close and reopen AM and check if the person has the the right script offset.
    • Make sure the script you compiled is at the offset you specified in the ROM.
    • Make sure you're testing the right ROM, just in case.
    • If nothing works, try doing the same as above, but with a clean ROM.

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
    Years
  • Ok, but how do you trigger it? I tried to use something like this
    Spoiler:
    you can do a flag like this:

first put a flag (that isnt used by the game) and at the beginning of the script, check its status. if it's off, continue the script normally, if its on, skip the script.

and at the end of the script, set it to on, so it only happens once.

For example (not actual scripting language):

check the flag
    if off, goto @25
    if on goto @26

@25
    message "blah blah"
    set flag to on
    goto @26

@26
    end

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    Type: LevelScript; 03
    For some reason after I set the flag "0x206" to 0x1 and enter the map which executes the script
    the screen stays pitch black and the game freezes (the reason why it's so little code is because I've used the expulsion method)
    Spoiler:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Type: LevelScript; 03
    For some reason after I set the flag "0x206" to 0x1 and enter the map which executes the script
    the screen stays pitch black and the game freezes (the reason why it's so little code is because I've used the expulsion method)
    Spoiler:

I have no idea where did you learn level scripting (if you ever did), but I suggest you re-reading everything as that won't work ever. Also, a general scripting tutorial is needed too as the way you use setflag and checkflag is just wrong. Don't forget XSE comes with a guide.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    I have no idea where did you learn level scripting (if you ever did), but I suggest you re-reading everything as that won't work ever. Also, a general scripting tutorial is needed too as the way you use setflag and checkflag is just wrong. Don't forget XSE comes with a guide.
    Thank you. I've fixed everything now.
    However I have a new question. Where can I find the hex constants for spritebehave (behaviour)?

Hoshiko Aki

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2011
    Help me with my move tutor script please

not in rom
    Spoiler:

in the rom

Spoiler:

Whats wrong with this? it learns nothing to your pokemon and the only thing what be said is Do you want me to teach one of your Pokémon the move Headbutt?
    after that the NCP said nothing any more

Help me please

Years
  • Help me with my move tutor script please

not in rom
    Spoiler:

in the rom

Spoiler:

Whats wrong with this? it learns nothing to your pokemon and the only thing what be said is Do you want me to teach one of your Pokémon the move Headbutt?
    after that the NCP said nothing any more

Help me please

Try this:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2023
    This is going to sound noobish and well it is i only started hacking 2 hours ago and well how do you add people to towns in advance map i already have the script i just need to make the person to act it out

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    This is going to sound noobish and well it is i only started hacking 2 hours ago and well how do you add people to towns in advance map i already have the script i just need to make the person to act it out

May I suggest you reading the guide that comes with XSE? As it just explains that, among other things.

justdieplz

Pokemon White Enthusiast
    Years
  • My hack starts with the player on a remote island, I'd like to have a pokeball next to him, containing his pokemon. So I have this:

#Dynamic 0xoffset

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    givepokemon 0x1 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
    setflag 0x828
    release
    end
    but when i check the start menu it showes the amount of coins I have, and not the pokemon menu.

You need the flag for putting the POKEMON status screen in your menu, look for it in prof. oak's scripts

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back