• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokémon Platinum Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years

Pokémon Platinum Plus

This is an enhancement of Pokémon Platinum, a project that I've worked on in the past but didn't initially have much structure. Using the base of my previous Platinum project, I have cleaned up several areas that needed working on and I have added a couple of newer features which makes the game much more accessible. A set of detailed documents have been provided with the download which can tell you any in-game changes made.

Features

• Wild Pokémon - All Pokemon have been made available in the Region, this can be through various methods. A full list has been provided.
  • Difficulty - The difficulty has been drastically increased, you will find that leaders will use a variety of strong Pokemon equip with competitive items.
  • Evolution - A handful of Pokémon have had their evolutionary methods tweaked, this allows easier access to different Pokémon.
  • Items - Many of the items around the Sinnoh Region have been replaced with more significant items such as TMs, Elemental Stones etc.
  • Stat Increases - Some Pokémon have had slight increase in their stats, some matching the Generation VI boost.
  • Ability & Type changes - A selection of Pokémon have had their abilities and types altered; i.e Luxio & Luxray are now Electric/Dark-type.

Media

SunStone-1.png
Minun.png
TM61.png
Fantina-1.png
TM53.png
ShinyStone.png
DeepSeaScale.png
Cyrus.png
TM04.png

Download

Click to download the Patch and Documents

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Nice! Always nice to see a hack of any sort on Gen IV games. =)

Thanks a lot, I know you guys do this kind of stuff for free... so yeah. Thanks again. ;)

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Welp.. it's cool, but.. wouldn't be better adding some Gen V, Gen VI or Mega Evolutions? :/ ... Like UnovaHGSS did a long time ago.. it would be more interesting by that way </3

Cya~

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
Years
Not bad, not bad. Making it a 493 hack would also be cool. But not bad. :)

Welp.. it's cool, but.. wouldn't be better adding some Gen V, Gen VI or Mega Evolutions? :/ ... Like UnovaHGSS did a long time ago.. it would be more interesting by that way </3

Cya~

It wouldn't really make sense to add 5th and 6th Gen if it's suppose to be an enhancement and such... :|

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Not bad, not bad. Making it a 493 hack would also be cool. But not bad. :)

It wouldn't really make sense to add 5th and 6th Gen if it's suppose to be an enhancement and such... :|

No, but it would be more interesting and feels more different maybe.. xD..
But welp.. as i said, it's nice to have this kind of modifications of wild pokemons and trainers and stuff, i guess.

Cya~

Link4799

Gage Linkous
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2016
This looks really cool! I love your hacks Blue, I'm playin spirit emerald challenge and its awesome. Blaziken is double kicking through the game xD if there was a Ds emulator for windows phones -_- haha if I can get a Ds emulator workin on my laptop ill give it a go.

NeonGeaso

Neon
Years
Have you Finished up to the point of the battle frontier or the Battle resort and if possible do you have a document prepared for showing the route changes and some of the difficulty increases?

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
Years
  • Age 29
  • N/A
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
Oh...oh*__* another hack from you.Awesome=3 Gotta try it right now=)
Anything like this for HG/SS ?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 19, 2021
Another great hack! Awesome stuff, Blue! Just a couple things I was wondering about. Are the Rotom forms available in this? I didn't find a mention of it or the secret key in the docs. Also it looks like the wild Pokemon in the Wayward Caves haven't been edited; they don't match the docs.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2022
Man, I would love to play your hack, but there is just one thing holding me back- The fact that you put legendaries as random encounters as opposed to scripted/overworld events.

I know it's more difficult, but it's been done (Drayano pulled it off in HG/SS and Draknir pulled it off in Platinum); It looks like the common tool is the "Project Pokemon ROM Editor" (though it's of course possible they used something else); Could you see about making use of that to pull off the Legendaries?

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
Years
  • Age 29
  • N/A
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
Has anybody found gen 4 starters in the grass? The most common ones I find are bulbasaur and charmander, rarely totodile and chickorita with squirtle. I';ve never seen torchic and gen 4 startersO__O

shader301202

A Pole
Years
Awsome hack :D In my opinion the best Platinum hack ever :) It would be great if You would:
- decapitalize names
- add gen 5 TM system
- add gen 5 repel system

Years
Awsome hack :D In my opinion the best Platinum hack ever :) It would be great if You would:
- decapitalize names
- add gen 5 TM system
- add gen 5 repel system

Please do not revive threads whose latest post is older than one month; in this case, it is over a year old.

Blue, if you want this thread re-opening, contact myself or another ROM Hacking moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back