• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Gold Version(2000) Team Ratings (Pokemon Stadium 2 AND competitive battling)

Tony_the_Dark_Prominence

Your hate for me is divine!
Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    Once again, I am currently playing the ORIGINAL Pokemon Gold game as of now. I would like for you guys (and gals) to witness my current pokemon team and review them. I need to know if this team is perfect for Pokemon Stadium 2 and for battling against my rivals/friends in competitive matches. (My friends and I hang out a lot and have video game marathons.)

Typhlosion LV 51 (Items: Magnet)
    Flamethrower, Earthquake, Thunder Punch, Sunny Day

Pikachu LV 50 (Items: Light Ball)
    Reversal, Surf, Endure, Thunderbolt

Alakazam LV 51 (Items: Nevermeltice)
    Encore, Ice Punch, Recover, Psychic

Porygon 2 LV 50 (Items: Miracle Berry)
    Recover, Curse, Return, Ice Beam

Aerodactyl LV 51 (Items: Charcoal)
    Ancient Power, Fire Blast, Earthquake, Wing Attack

Umbreon LV 50 (Items: Leftovers)
    Baton Pass, Bite, Confuse Ray, Mean Look

Possible Drawbacks:

- The most obvious one... The types I use are... obscure. Which means I don't have any TRUE elementally associated Pokemon except for Pikachu and Typhlosion... The rest of the Pokemon types are just... weird... and completely unorthodox. I know that someone is going to suggest water and grass type Pokemon (Quagsire...)

- Yes, I went to smogon for research... but this game is far more... no... LESS sophisticated than that of third and fourth generations. (What am I thinking?) So I changed the moves around on SOME pokemon (Most notably Pikachu and Alakazam who has a Ice Punch instead of Fire Punch)

- My held items... but you can't use the "same" items on Pokemon Stadium 2, so maybe this doesn't count.

Last edited:
    Back