• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh my god, Syndrome posted in S&M?

Detox

Most of you know I was never a "great" battler. I have always struggled with team building and synergy and this has made most of my teams ass. So I tried to fix that with this team.

Anyway, About the team. I tried to base this team around an under rated (or bad as you might call it) threat in gen V: Infernape. The team is basically about setting Up entry hazards, and eliminating threats with revenge killers.

So here's the team.

Team: At a glance

A closer look tells us...

Iwaparesu (M) @ Custap Berry
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - X-Scissor
    - Stone Edge
    ---
    This thing is great. Pretty much sets up SR, then as many layers of spikes as I can. X-Scissor is for leads such as Espeon and Deoxys. Stone Edge hit Xatu if it tries to reflect my hazards back.

Shandera (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Flamethrower
    - Shadow Ball
    - Substitute
    - Pain Split
    ---
    Shandera is my spin blocker, and one of the best at that. I can usually switch in on something like Roobushin or Luke, and if they don't switch I either set up sub on them or go for the kill. Pain Split lets me heal off Life Orb and Substitute damage, if it wasn't self explanatory.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hydro Pump
    - Trick
    ---
    Rotom is one of my revenge killers. He has no problems screwing up rain dance by OHKOing Politoed, or revenging DD Gyarados and the sorts. He also checks Doryzuu and Landlos, considering Levitate gives him the ability to remove the threat of Earthquake. The only way they can try to beat this guy is if they get major hax with rock slide or something. Or unless they run IDK Mold Breaker Doryzuu but then they auto lose because I out speed and OHKO with Hydro Pump.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, SAtk-)
    - Bullet Punch
    - Quick Attack
    - Superpower
    - U-turn

---
    Revenge Killer 2. I originally had Sazandora here but he did little to nothing so I removed him. Scizor is a Dragon resist and another security check against Rank, if only a small one.

Starmie @ Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Boil Over | Hydro Pump

- Psycho Shock | Thunderbolt

- Rapid Spin
    - Recover
    ---
    Rapid Spinner, not much else to say. I have tried both the old D/P/PT standard Starmie and the Boil Over | Psycho Shock set, and I have found that the latter has worked for me the best.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Iron Fist
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Mach Punch
    - Close Combat
    - Fire Punch
    ---
    The MVP and Main sweeper of the team. So many people don't prepare for a threat like this it isn't funny. I usually switch it in on something like Nattorei and watch as it does nothing, I set up SD, and proceed to sweep. I have to make sure such things as Landlos and Latios are gone so they don't crap all over him though.

There you have it, try not to kill it too much :x

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Biggest problem you have is that nothing can take dragon attacks.

Id seriously try and squeeze a steel type in here.

Detox

I noticed that, but I usually just played around it ;x. I know Aero suggested using Natt, but I think a Bulky Scizor would work better. Opinions?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    A few more things...

Rotom-W said:
    lol!

2. Why are you NOT using Iron Fist on Infernape ? It has been released just so you know so get that on there now lol.

Detox

I wasnt aware ape had gotten Iron Fist. Will change.

Also Sazandora is currently removed, and I an testing bulky Scizor.

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
  • Oh my god, Syndrome posted in S&M?

Starmie @ Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Boil Over | Hydro Pump

- Psycho Shock | Thunderbolt

- Rapid Spin
    - Recover
    ---
    Rapid Spinner, not much else to say. I have tried both the old D/P/PT standard Starmie and the Boil Over | Psycho Shock set, and I have found that the latter has worked for me the best.

As for the Starmie, I recommend Surf instead of Boil Over | Hydro Pump, as you are covered by Infernape and Shandera for threats like Scizor and Luke, and Surf has a 100% accuracy, making it reliable yet incredibly powerful.

I think that Psychic is better than Psycho Shock | T-Bolt, as Psychic has a better base power and 100% accuracy than Psycho Shock. You are covered with T-Bolt by Rotom W.

You obviously need Rapid Spin, and Recovery is good cover in bad situationssss.

That's my work done for Starmie, I'll have a look at the others later, but from the looks of it you are okay. Take this advice if it helps <33

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Psycho Shock does 2hko Blissey, Snorlax and anything with good sp.def that switches into Starmie (namely Burungeru) however as it uses Starmies special attack and hits the targets defense which im sure is why he is using in over Psychic and as his team is specially based id guess that really helps alot.

EDIT : Also, Choice Specs Rapid Spin is suicide. Hence why i remove that. Locking yourself into it is asking to be Pursuited or be set up on. Life Orb is superior. So yeah, no worries, just a small note really. =P

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The main thing that makes Shandera stand out is Shadow Tag. You could change its ability into that so that you can trap your teammates' counters and KO them, as long as they don't counter Shandera as well.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    The main thing that makes Shandera stand out is Shadow Tag. You could change its ability into that so that you can trap your teammates' counters and KO them, as long as they don't counter Shandera as well.

Shadow Tag hasnt been released yet.

Detox

Yeah, I changed Sazandora to Scizor because it actually does something and is a dragon resist.

Detox

I run quick attack to deal with rain bad teams. It also helps against Voltolos. Pursuit honestly isn't needed and is a waste of a slot.

Back