• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yet another OU RMT

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
  • Introduction
    I was getting bored of Shoddy/PO, and Gen V, so I decided to go to a more diverse battling environment for battling - Wi-Fi. Yes, Wi-Fi, where there are no Rotom forms and all that. So, I created a new team with the help of Smogon of course, and here it is. Please do rate, they are much appreciated.

From a distance:
    sprite.php
    sprite.php
    sprite.php
    sprite.php
    sprite.php
    sprite.php

Up Close:

swampert.png

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Relaxed nature
    240 HP/216 Def/52 SpD
    -Earthquake
    -Stealth Rock
    -Ice Beam
    -Roar

Swampert's main goal is to set up Stealth Rock to get the match going and also use Roar to accumalate SR damage for my sweepers to take advantage of and scout. Earthquake and Ice Beam are there mainly in case it gets Taunted, and as a tank, Swampert can actually use them pretty well. Heatran and Scizor take advantage of Swampert's 4x Grass weakness by switching in.

gyarados.png

Gyarados @ Life Orb
    Adamant nature
    252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    -Dragon Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Ice Fang
    -Stone Edge

Standard Dragon Dancing Gyarados. I chose Ice Fang over Earthquake because I find that Empoleon isn't really as common or as serious of a threat as Breloom. I might replace it for Bounce, however. Other than that, this set is pretty self explanatory. The Electric weakness that Gyarados has isn't a problem on this team due to Mamoswine and Swampert. Gengar and other ghost types with access to Thunderbolt are dealt with on this team because of Scizor.

mamoswine.png

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
    Jolly nature
    252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Snow Cloak
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Shard
    -Superpower
    -Stone Edge

As Smogon states it, Mamoswine simply 'Knocks the stuffing out of things.' With the third most powerful Earthquake in the entire game, Electric types that hinder Gyarados with be on the run from the mammoth. Mamoswine gets in for free on this Electric type attacks, and appreciates the offensive pressure Gyarados gives off. Heatran can switch into the Steel types that give it trouble, but must be aware of Scizor's Superpower and Bronzong's Earthquake. Mamoswine's mehish Speed is fixed by Celebi's paralysis support.

heatran.png

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
    Naive nature
    252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
    -Fire Blast
    -Earth Power
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Explosion

Heatran is my main revenge killer, outspeeding and KOing many threats to my team, such as Mixape. With a Choice Scarf, he can outspeed every Pokemon in the game bar Ninjask, of course. This makes him a great check to things like SD Luke, who can only really ExtremeSpeed him. Heatran can also switch in onto Fire attacks aimed at Scizor and Celebi and gain a Flash Fire boost. Fire Blast, Earth Power, and Dragon Pulse aren't resisted by anything as far as I know, and Explosion can catch stuff like Blissey and Dragonite off guard.

celebi.png

Celebi @ Life Orb
    Timid nature
    4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
    -Nasty Plot
    -Grass Knot
    -Psychic
    -Earth Power

Celebi is my main special sweeper. After a Nasty Plot boost, Celebi's STAB Grass Knots sure are something to be feared. Earth Power hits Fire types and some steel types (Like Magnezone, but I doubt it will be switching into Celebi unless it carries Signal Beam for whatever reason) on the switch. Psychic is a go-to attack against stuff like Zapdos, who otherwise wall this set and kind of beat it. Gengar isn't a problem with Scizor in the wings, and Infernape gets outsped by Heatran, who can get a Flash Fire off of it. Gyarados can also switch into Infernape, although if the person using it is like me, they'll just Stone Edge it. Since this Celebi lacks HP Fire for Steel types, Heatran makes a good partner again as it can Fire Blast Scizor, Forretress, Skarmory, and Bronzong into oblivion. Flygon's fast U-Turns aren't a problem with Scizor. Snorlax and Blissey are both scared off by Scizor and Mamoswine's Superpowers, although Mamoswine should be careful about switching in to both, as Blissey can Paralyze it and Snorlax can Body Slam it for some good damage. Scizor also deals with Dark types that choose to switch in, like Choice Scarf Tyranitar.

scizor.png

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Adamant nature
    248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe
    Technician
    -Bullet Punch
    -U-Turn
    -Pursuit
    -Superpower

I'm sure we've all seen this thing before. Standard CB Scizor. Scizor can threaten Gengar and Starmie, two threats to this team, with Pursuit, Bullet Punch for the former, and U-Turn for the latter. It can also be a great scout and revenge killer. Scizor also lures in Flash Fire boosts for Heatran and lures in other Heatrans for Gyarados to take advantage of. I may put a Scarf on this, as it seems to make a better check to Starmie and Gengar and also a better scout. Give me your opinions.

So... Yeah. Please note that this is Wifi battling, so thus the Rotom forms can't be used and Tyranitar isn't seen much because of Acid Rain (Which is why I didn't take note of it. I do have a way of dealing with it if it pops up, however). Thanks in advance for all rates.

Credit to Aragornbird for the images.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    I see Suicune being kind of an issue if it gets a couple of calm minds up or celebi is down.
    I'd recommend a different celebi set to deal with them better e.g:

Celebi @ leftovers
    Bold 252hp 224def 32spe
    Natural cure
    ~ Perish song
    ~ Recover
    ~ Grass knot / leaf storm
    ~ U-Turn

Prevents a Suicune sweep, especially a last poke Crocune. U turn is in case of Dugtrio or mean look users I guess. Grass knot is what smogon says but leaf storm may have its uses...

If that's too stally, you could use the offensive np version, as everybody predicts hp fire + grass move on celebi, and often switch in a Heatran:

Celebi @ life orb
    Timid 252spe 252spA 4hp
    Natural cure
    ~ Nasty Plot
    ~ Grass Knot
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ Hp Fire / Psychic

Overall strong team though, congratz.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Thanks for the rate.

I'm going to go with the NP set because it has great synergy with my team according to Smogon and the Perish Song set doesn't seem to have that same synergy. I'm also going to change Heatran to Choice Scarf because I would be able to do a lot more with it.

scizor007

Vengeance
    Years
  • HAVE....YOU....EVER....WONDERED....HOW....MIXAPE....CAN....RAPE....YOUR....TEAM ????

I would suggest a Scarfgon in place of Mammo-

Flygon@Choice scarf
    252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Jolly/Naive

~ Earthquake
    ~ Outrage
    ~ U-turn
    ~ Stone Edge / Fire Blast

Keep it Jolly for SE,else Naive for Fire balst.Sure enough,It doesn't have the "mammoth" power of mammoswine,but pairs exceptionally well with scizor.EQ and Outrage for end-game sweeping,Fire blast for 2HKO-ing skarmory.

Other than that,I'd suggest you keep Bounce on Gyrados.Hidden Power Grass/Electric might be better than Dragon pulse on Heatran in some ways as that set outspeeds and OHKOs standard DD adamant gyara with HP electric.Besides,Keep Heatran Naive/Hasty if u're running explosion.

Last edited:

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Well, to be fair Mixape can't really sweep with gyarados at bay, since it will not ohko with anything afaik barring a sd thunderpunch or np hp electric - or stone edge I guess. IF it runs that, pert will wall it to no end, if not, gyara checks it quite comfortably. Barring that, note that even though his heatran is said to carry a life orb, the description says that it is scarfed, meaning that he can check it quite easily w/ a earth power, so I don't think it is that mixape weak at all.

scizor007

Vengeance
    Years
  • According to his description,pert's supposed to "RAAWRR and only RAAWRR".Unless pert's switched out after SR,SD+thunderpunch/NP+ HP electr can do some damage.

And yeah,I guess I didn't see that Tran's supposed to be scarfed...

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Yeah, I forgot to change Life Orb to Choice Scarf. Sorry.

Dragon Pulse is actually more useful IMO because with HP Grass, Dragonite walls it, with HP Electric, Swampert walls it, and with Dragon Pulse it gets neutral on Swampert and SE on Dragonite. I'll change the nature right now.

What? >_<

Thank you Oppo for clearing that up for him a little bit.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Sorry for replying so late, I'll get better at rating teams, I promise xD

Well, I'd say that LO Jolteon gives you some issues after Heatran is done erupting, as it can easily clean up your team given that Celebi has a bit of wear n' tear on it with a simple tbolt/sball/hp grass/charge beam set, especially if Mamo can't ohko it with a LO Ice Shard.

Gengar + Magnezone might still give you some trouble, especially if it gets to sub up, as you'll have to sack something to it, and for instance if you bp its sub with scizor, Magnezone switches in and sets up with glee, meaning that you'll again have to sack another mon to kill its sub. You could give scizor a life orb (lo doesn't hurt when you hit a sub this gen, remember) or leftovers, as well as putting roost over pursuit to remedy this, but idk for sure.
    With Gyarados gone, ScarfHera will have a shot at ripping through your team if it is allowed to spam the appropriate attack, though I'm sure you'll have a way of outplaying it.

YOU ARE ROCK POLISH RHYPERIOR WEAK, YEAH I SAID IT. (given that the user doesn't rp straight off the bat and keeps it healthy until either scizor or mamo is gone lol)

Oh, and bounce is probably more useful if you intend to kill off Celebi, but if your main target is breloom it can just stall out bounce's meager 8 pp by subbing on the bounce, sporing after you have broken the sub etc etc, just as a note.

Also how can you possibly be BORED of Gen V? >:[

other than that, I like this team. Sorry if this rate feels lacking :<

Back