• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you determine....

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
  • What goals you want your team to set? How do you assign 'ok Poke A is going to do this'? I know in general who my leads are and their roles but the support pokes and late gamers I have issues with. Along with when my lead plan fails.

Anyone have suggestions on how to fix that up?

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • What format are you going to be playing in? There are resources we can check out to see where you can start. What Pokemon are you comfortable with so far? We should mold a team around your existing playstyle unless you're committed to a complete turnaround.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • What format are you going to be playing in? There are resources we can check out to see where you can start. What Pokemon are you comfortable with so far? We should mold a team around your existing playstyle unless you're committed to a complete turnaround.

I am doing the VGC doubles format and my style preferred is hyper offensive

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • It will be difficult to run a hyper offensive team in VGC because the meta is biased toward bulky offense right now. Would you be open to building a bulky team around a strong mega? It's most typical to build your team around your mega in the format.

These are the 4 megas topping the viability rankings right now (in order):

Kangaskhan
    Salamence
    Charizard Y
    Gardevoir

These 3 follow a little ways behind but still have decent viability:

Metagross
    Gengar
    Swampert (rain only)

Which do you find most appealing?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • It will be difficult to run a hyper offensive team in VGC because the meta is biased toward bulky offense right now. Would you be open to building a bulky team around a strong mega? It's most typical to build your team around your mega in the format.

These are the 4 megas topping the viability rankings right now (in order):

Kangaskhan
    Salamence
    Charizard Y
    Gardevoir

These 3 follow a little ways behind but still have decent viability:

Metagross
    Gengar
    Swampert (rain only)

Which do you find most appealing?

Presently my leads are Follow Me Togekiss with Mega Khan or Mega Mence as leads. The point is to have Togekiss take the hits while either one powers up at least one level.

I have a battle ready Metagross. I do like Salamence over Khan, but I like dragons more overall.

Back