• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Aspertia City vs Nuvema Town: Which do you prefer?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Both locations are the setting for where you start your journey in Unova. Which of the two did you prefer and why? If you were a trainer do you think either were worthy starting locations?

Discuss :)

Years
  • I loved Aspertia City better of the two, with its beautiful viewing spot, but Nuvema Town is a nice place as well. If I was a trainer I'd feel both would be great starting locations.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Aspertia IS beautiful - yes (and it does win over Nuvema in that way). But it feels weird how everything is thrown at you. Boom, here's a gym. Boom, here's a Pokemon centre with a Pokemon mart built in. AND IF YOU GET BORED, HERE'S SOME MORE HOUSES FOR YOU TO ENJOY.

Whereas Nuvema is homely - you feel like you're coming home to your little old town after a long journey... and back to where you took your first steps. It's a nice feeling. However, on the other hand... it's boring as hell. It's just like any other town. :c

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Definitely Aspertia. Nuvema is just another version of every starting town before it: a tiny little village that has your house your rival(s) house, and the Professor's lab. And that fat guy who always marvels at technology.

Aspertia's something different (yes it includes all the things listed above but still) for once, so it gets my vote.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • It's gotta be Aspertia for me too. I like bigger areas over smaller ones (Castelia and Lumiose are some of my favourite cities in the games) and that viewing spot is just. <33 Plus, I feel Nuvema was pretty lackluster, even for a starting town. ;;

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
    Years
  • Aspertia City for me. It's an actual city with an actual gym in the city. It is so different compared to the other starting towns which usually have nothing in it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Put yourself in a new trainers shoes. They had to go to Aspertia City to get their first Pokémon (you had the luxury of always being there)... wouldn't it seem kinda intimidating? Like you come from a small country town and then suddenly in this big city. I assume most trainers come from small towns or communities. With that said in their shoes I'd totally prefer Nuvema because you can't really get lost anywhere and you feel a real sense of beginning. Personally Aspertia feels like everything is chucked together to cater to every trainer but it's not necessarily a good idea. I think it's lead to a lot of early trainers challenging the gym too early imo.

But in terms of the actual gameplay yeah it does make things easier. Nuvema Town is just nostalgic :(

Back