• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokemon Sigma Version Demo Release (Artists Wanted)

averyindahouse

Creator of Pokemon Sigma (Coming Soon)
Years
  • I didn't encounter a Rival Battle in Coveshore City, only N after the Lighthouse.

hCaW0LG.png

Stepping on either of those three tiles should have triggered a Rival battle. Not sure why it didn't in your case.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Let me try again, then, I think I just Surfed directly to Cinnabar after getting Surf.

averyindahouse

Years
  • How far does this demo go please and thank you.

This demo includes all 8 Gyms, Elite Four and Champion, as well as a good amount of post-game quests to complete, including the option to re-battle all of the Gym Leaders and challenge all of the Elite Four and Champions from all the other regions (except Kalos, will be added later).
    Soon, there will be a whole new region added to the post game, complete with it's own Gym Leader, Elite Four and Champion as well.

Years
  • This demo includes all 8 Gyms, Elite Four and Champion, as well as a good amount of post-game quests to complete, including the option to re-battle all of the Gym Leaders and challenge all of the Elite Four and Champions from all the other regions (except Kalos, will be added later).
    Soon, there will be a whole new region added to the post game, complete with it's own Gym Leader, Elite Four and Champion as well.

Damn Bro you put in work I never seen a 'demo' this long by itself it an complete game how long did it take you to finish it.

averyindahouse

Years
  • Damn Bro you put in work I never seen a 'demo' this long by itself it an complete game how long did it take you to finish it.
    I cannot say for sure. I've worked on the game here and there over the past year. However, now that I am actually into making things like this, I am more motivated than ever to produce a full, complete, bug-free final copy as soon as possible.
    To answer your question; though, I'd say anywhere in the realm of 200-300 hours. On average I spent about 2-3.5 hours every day off and on working on the game, so I'd say that is about a fair estimate.

averyindahouse

Years
  • Damn you have put in work and the game is good but is there exp share in this and a lucky egg too. if so when do i get them and where.
    There is an Exp. Share on Route 314 (that location is subject to change though, since it's just kinda... there), but no Lucky Egg currently. However, I do plan to add the Lucky Egg later.

Years
  • There is an Exp. Share on Route 314 (that location is subject to change though, since it's just kinda... there), but no Lucky Egg currently. However, I do plan to add the Lucky Egg later.

Sorry for not replying sooner but thanks for the info I really liking this game Can't wait until the next beta. I don't mean sound mean but the Cities of the first two gyms are really bear I think you should more NPC in to the cities.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    So I went back to Coveshore City and no Rival battle... but I'll be okay.

Necessitating Rock Smash and Flash to access Mt. Pizara... if you wanted to capture how irritating the Pokemon games make these TMs (former HMs), you've succeeded.

Thank goodness I made it through the ice puzzle without Flash...

'Excitement' is misspelled in Leader Alexa's speech as well as 'your fiery passion'.

When the Team Flaksoft Grunt guarding the Pokemon Storage H.Q. disappears, the player's sprite also disappears temporarily.

In the middle of the battle with Colress, after my Pidgey fainted, the text got really tiny so it was impossible to read...

A female Nidorino? http://picpaste.com/nidorinof-JVOeYy7V.png

The Black Belts in the seventh gym say 'Suprise' Surprise?

The last set of doors blocking the gym leader is invisible or missing.

I can't use the Escape Rope Mk. 2 to escape from Victory Road...

Last edited:

averyindahouse

Years
  • So I went back to Coveshore City and no Rival battle... but I'll be okay.

Necessitating Rock Smash and Flash to access Mt. Pizara... if you wanted to capture how irritating the Pokemon games make these TMs (former HMs), you've succeeded.

Thank goodness I made it through the ice puzzle without Flash...

'Excitement' is misspelled in Leader Alexa's speech as well as 'your fiery passion'.

When the Team Flaksoft Grunt guarding the Pokemon Storage H.Q. disappears, the player's sprite also disappears temporarily.

In the middle of the battle with Colress, after my Pidgey fainted, the text got really tiny so it was impossible to read...

A female Nidorino? http://picpaste.com/nidorinof-JVOeYy7V.png

The Black Belts in the seventh gym say 'Suprise' Surprise?

The last set of doors blocking the gym leader is invisible or missing.

I can't use the Escape Rope Mk. 2 to escape from Victory Road...

To use the Escape Rope Mk. 2, you have to register it.

I'll change the Black Belts.

Not sure what you mean by the invisible doors. Picture?

I'll fix Alexa.

I'm aware of the bug with Colress, but not sure of the cause. Fainting Pokemon seems to be the number one reason, though. I'll look into it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    God, the ending of the first League is just such a horrible thing to do... couldn't we at least get a heal in between?

Oh my God! And after enduring all that, fighting the Elite Four FOUR TIMES, the game is broken and won't let me into the Hall of Fame because I run into a wall!

http://picpaste.com/leaguerror-T0Fx8im4.png

I seriously have every right to kill myself now.

Last edited:

averyindahouse

Years
  • God, the ending of the first League is just such a horrible thing to do... couldn't we at least get a heal in between?

Oh my God! And after enduring all that, fighting the Elite Four FOUR TIMES, the game is broken and won't let me into the Hall of Fame because I run into a wall!

http://picpaste.com/leaguerror-T0Fx8im4.png

I seriously have every right to kill myself now.
    PM your game file, I'll debug your game into the E4 and record a victory, and set the appropriate switches. I will also release a hotfix for these bugs ASAP

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Thank you so much for your help and patience, Avery...

Hope to see a randomizer mode soon ^^V and multiple save files.

averyindahouse

Years
  • Hello all fans of Pokemon Sigma. It's been a while since I've been on this thread.

Anyway, here is an update of the game. Obviously, I did not get it out by the early December release date. I've been slammed with, well, a lot of things. (college OP)

I'm still working on the second region. However, I cannot include it in an update until I have the necessary Trainer sprites ready. (I think I have 4/11?) In terms of mapping, there's some work to be done. In addition to making these new maps for the second region, I am overhauling the older maps from the first region and making them a bit more livelier, as quite a few of them are dull and boring, with little to no decoration. Also, there is a severe lack of NPCs and mini/side-quests to do (aside from legendary Pokemon)

All-in-All, I will get a fully developed game out and ready to go. I don't know when it will be. Probably not by the end of 2015. Maybe January. I'm not too sure at this moment. For those of you who actually do enjoy this game, thank you for being as patient as you all have been. I love all of you (I really do though)

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2016
    Hello, I have just started playing the game and I have gotten as far as Autumbreak City. I was completely caught offguard with the Kangaskhan but made do with my Bulbasaur inflicting Leech Seed and PoisonPowder after 4 or so tries. I would really like it was possible for there to be a training spot that hits level 8-12 that was in reach but I digress. Anyhow, the primary reason why I am typing up this post is that I have come across a gamebreaking bug. In Autumbreak City, I have met with my rival and proceeded to battle her and won (bit trivial since I did some overcompensation grinding due to said Kangaskhan), but after I finished I expected her to leave, and she did not. I hit "c" again to see if she would do anything new and this made me battle her again, which I accomplished simply yet again. I tried seeing if this was an error that could be rectified if I just shut it off and turned it back on, but no such luck. Is there anything you (averyindahouse) can do about that?

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi

I have just received the mega ring and I am ready to take on the elite four. One question is have is Am I able to acquire some mega stones by this point?

Back