• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokémon Platinum Deluxe

Should Pokémon, that originally evolved by Happiness, Evolve by Level now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
@Spookymuffin: The first bug has been pointed out quite a few times already.

@Oxnite: I went into the "Police Headquarters" in Eterna City and went all the way to the top to see Jupiter. I talked to her and we got into a battle only to see... YOUR RIVAL! And his first Pokemon, a Pidgeotto which is floating. o:

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
Update; @ Rozen's last post, yep. Check the first post, the Eterna City Police HQ top room is still bugged, I can't edit the Overworld Sprites there. I'm hoping for a new release of my Rom Editing Programme, so I can edit that for a future release. The Pidgeotto is floating because I added all the HG/SS sprites to this game -- it looks like their coordinates are not the same. These two problems are already in the Bug List, though!

@Oxnite: You decreased the level of the Ninetales who belongs to ... er... the girl who helps you in Eterna Forest! D: It's level 21 now, when it used to be 24. Q.Q

Yep, that is true! Level 24 was a bit overpowered imo and besides, his Flamethrower still 1HKO almost every opponent!

[FONT=&quot]Downloaded and patched successfully using UPS. Thanks for making the new patching method available![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I haven't played that much yet, so I'm sure that any big bugs that I come across will have already been brought to your attention by people who were playing the earlier betas.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Bugs/issues I noticed:[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Some strangeness to do with my character name (Syaoran) and the rival's name (Pochi) getting switched around. It happened more than once but the best example was probably when the rival's mother asks my character to deliver a parcel to her child she is incorrectly displayed as "Syaoran's Mom" and refers to my character as "Pochi".[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]It's not a bug or a real issue really but I have noticed a few grammatical problems with some of the new dialogue. This isn't really a big deal or anything but it does end up being a little jarring. If you need someone to go over text before you add it to the game I would be more than happy to offer my services.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Anyway, I'm really enjoying it so far. It really breathes some new life into Pokemon Platinum.[/FONT]

Yes, I'm aware of that variable name-problem. I already fixed some of them. I'll try to fix them all for the next Bèta-release!

Oh really? Yes, I could use somebody to review my texts. I'm not sure how you can review it, though. I don't have the texts as a .doc or .txt file. Do you have any idea?

Thanks a lot for all the great comments!

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
@Oxnite: Nothing escapes my eagle-eye! >: D

& how did you edit the text in the first place? Can't you use whatever program you used to view it? If I had the program I can look through it.

EDIT: @Jupiter bug: Whoops. I guess that slipped my head. ;w; My bad. again.

Years
Oh really? Yes, I could use somebody to review my texts. I'm not sure how you can review it, though. I don't have the texts as a .doc or .txt file. Do you have any idea?

I guess I can just take a note of them as I come accross them in game and then let you know what I feel could be changed. Shouldn't be too much of a problem :)
Would you prefer that I post them here in the thread or send them by PM?

Sorry about reporting an already well documented bug. I'll try not to let that happen again!

kichithewolf

Twitch Dates Pokemon Programmer
Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2016
I just started playing this, and it's really good! Except I just noticed that when you check the pc at your house, the c isn't capitalized. A minor detail, just thought I'd say something.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Hearthome City is bugged. After you get the secret key from the lady, the text saying "[You've] received a Secret Key" will stay there, and the audio will shut. Talking to someone else will erase the text, but it will still be bugged and you can't do anything. Go into a building and it'll show a black screen, therefore causing you to reboot.

I'm too scared to save and reboot with the bug still in effect. Like, I finally got my second badge. ;w;

Years
A hack for Ds,good.The hacking in the Ds console are progressing,no fast but are in progress,hope you finish your hack.I like it,but not are amazing,sorry.

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
I just started playing this, and it's really good! Except I just noticed that when you check the pc at your house, the c isn't capitalized. A minor detail, just thought I'd say something.

That is actually because something went wrong with the so called 'variable names', as it should be: '-RIVAL NAME- checked the pc.'

Thanks for telling me though!

I guess I can just take a note of them as I come accross them in game and then let you know what I feel could be changed. Shouldn't be too much of a problem :)
Would you prefer that I post them here in the thread or send them by PM?

Sorry about reporting an already well documented bug. I'll try not to let that happen again!

I already saw your PM and it looks good! Thanks a lot for it, I'll try to change it!

Hearthome City is bugged. After you get the secret key from the lady, the text saying "[You've] received a Secret Key" will stay there, and the audio will shut. Talking to someone else will erase the text, but it will still be bugged and you can't do anything. Go into a building and it'll show a black screen, therefore causing you to reboot.

I'm too scared to save and reboot with the bug still in effect. Like, I finally got my second badge. ;w;

Oops, that is true. That first Event with the Secret Key is still bugged.. Very sorry. I'll take it out as soon as possible and release it as Version 2.1 or something!

The bug in Solaceon Town is still there, too, I guess. Sorry for the troubles.

Thanks a lot for telling me though. I don't really need help with the game itself, but please tell me about any bugs / spelling errors / etc. that you might find (please check the bug list in the first post so you won't say bugs I'm already aware of).

Thanks again!

HAMMER

Big Boy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Iowa
  • Seen Sep 7, 2014
yeah also a thing i've noticed is that in the forest before the second gym if you go in the building before the girl leaves your party, it will glitch the game until you make all pokemon faint and after ever battle your pokemon get healed automatically but no person running behind you. and idk if you did put zorua and evo in or if their not showing up.

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
yeah also a thing i've noticed is that in the forest before the second gym if you go in the building before the girl leaves your party, it will glitch the game until you make all pokemon faint and after ever battle your pokemon get healed automatically but no person running behind you. and idk if you did put zorua and evo in or if their not showing up.

Zorua and Zoroark are not in the game yet.

You can enter the Old Chateau? I thought I put a Cut Tree in front of it.. My bad. I will fix that for the next version (as well).

@Oxnite: So, what do you suppose I do for the time being? xP

I'm very sorry, but I guess you should Train your Pokémon, or do nothing for one or two days?

In 2 days the May holidays start, so I can start working on it again! Sorry but I hope you understand.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
Happiness Evolution

MAybe there could be a mixture of happiness and level, if people don't liek it to much

something like a random evolution between levels 20 and 25 or something. meaning could evolve at lvl 20 if you're lucky, but it will at most take only until level 25 no matter the happiness level

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
yeah the cut tree was one square away from the door lol

Oh, lol. My bad.

MAybe there could be a mixture of happiness and level, if people don't liek it to much

something like a random evolution between levels 20 and 25 or something. meaning could evolve at lvl 20 if you're lucky, but it will at most take only until level 25 no matter the happiness level

Quite a good idea; but hard to implement, as I'd have to make a completely new Evolution System.

Another idea is to let all Pokémon evolve by Happiness, but by Level AS WELL? That sounds like a fair idea to me. Like, if you take care of your Pokémon a lot, it will evolve earlier.

HallwayKid

The Illogical Scientist
Years
On the happiness evolution thing.

I agree that some Pokemon like Budew should not evolve through happiness. I think it would be a good idea to have a set evolution for the baby Pokemon (Pichu, Budew, etc.), the ones that evolve through happinnes and then evolve again.

But I think the Pokemon that evolve through happiness to get to their final form should stay like that (Golbat, Riolu, etc.), with the exception of the Eevee's who should stay as you have it now.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
@Oxnite: No, no I'm very patient. I'm training my Pokemon for the time being. Take your time!

BTW: Poll-
Yes: 26
No: 20
I don't mind/care: 8

Toxic Potato

Always Sleepy
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 7, 2020
Finished up to Eterna Forest. I'm liking it so far. Haven't really encountered any errors yet.

By the way, the main post says the game was last updated May 25, 2010. :l

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back