• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Same-Sex Marriage Is Now Legal in the USA

Sirfetch’d

Fuck yeah

Years
  • Psyduck yeah
    Nice to know that's how you'll kick off your celebration party. It doesn't surprise me at all, thanks to the content of your PMs.

As this ruling directly affects me, I couldn't be happier.

I put Facebook's neat little gay marriage celebration tool to good use.

Spoiler:

Years
  • *still holds head in shame for being in one of those countries that still ban gay marriage thanks to their shitty government*

Anyways, this is a day of blessing to all the American residents of this community and in fact the country as a whole. You always wanted marriage equality to become a thing and now your wishes have been granted. We were all waiting for this moment to happen.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • I can only hope that our PMs desire to have us become America Jr. now causes him to follow suit, I don't see that happening though because he's a close-minded little troll.

Enough about this though, this is great news for the US and I'm happy to hear it!

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
    Years
  • This was the best news that I had all day. And I'm so glad to see our community celebrating it! ^_^

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • It was about time the USA legalized it nationwide. Its been legal in my country since 2003, so I'm really glad that it finally is in the USA as well.

It's hard to understand that there are still several western countries where this is still banned.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Same-sex marriage was banned for a very long time until now. After so much efforts of campaigning and spreading the message around, it has finally paid off at last! I'm so happy that the US has finally legalized same-sex marriage, it's about time that it should happen and it's just amazing how something like this was taken to the high court and then the bill that bans same-sex marriage was declared unconstitutional, and that's when we all celebrated! ^^

I honestly really hope that here Australia legalizes same-sex marriage too, this will bring all of us one step closer to equal rights. But knowing the current ruling coalition here in Australia, won't. We've gotta really campaign hard to pressure the Australian government to legalize same sex marriage here. ^^

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    I'm all for it, and I'm glad it happened. Let's just hope it doesn't get repealed. I imagine gay marriage will face some rather stiff political competition in the days to come.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    I'm not from South Canada myself but good for you guys. That's pretty much all I have to say here, it really doesn't affect me at all.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
    Years
  • To be quite honest, I've felt a bit of apathy for the whole issue for several years. However, it's still a move that will positively affect a lot of people.

My only regret is that the government should have made this decision by going through Congress. Then again, the country sometimes needs its tougher decisions made into law by the courts.

Back