• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Toujours' Terrible Test Team

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    So I've been testing my previous team (since I got no rates on here before, lol), and made a large amount of changes to it and thought maybe I could get some feedback on how to make it more effective (: Right now I win about 60% of the battles on Pokemon Online.

Mienshao @Life Orb
    Adamant
    252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 Defense
    Fake Out
    U-Turn
    Hi Jump Kick
    Stone Edge

I always lead with this, Fake Out and U-Turn. I also like to switch it in when I don't have any type advantages, because the Hi Jump Kick is pretty beastly when it doesn't miss.

Ferrothorn @Rocky Helmet
    Sassy
    252 HP, 128 Defense, 128 Sp.Defense
    Stealth Rock
    Spikes
    Gyro Ball
    Power Whip

I plan to try to get 0 IVs in Speed, to maximize the damage that Gyro Ball does in addition to the Sassy nature. This is my only Pokemon that really works well against Water as well.

Hydreigon @Leftovers
    Modest
    252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Dark Pulse
    Draco Meteor
    Fire Blast
    Stone Edge

Special sweeper. Originally had Dragon Tail instead of Draco Meteor to get more switches, but when it comes to an actual Dragon Pokemon the Draco Meteor is way more effective, especially since I have to fight against a Pokemon with moves I'm weak against so the faster I kill them, the better.

Reuniclus @Life Orb
    Modest
    252 Sp.Attack, 252 Sp.Defense, 4 Defense
    Trick Room
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast

This originally was Sigilyph, but once Reuniclus was out of the suspects on Smogon I switched him in. Obligatory Trick Room, Shadow Ball for Ghosts that want to attack me, and Focus Blast for pesky Dark-Types.

Milotic @Wise Glasses
    Modest
    252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
    Hydro Pump
    Dragon Pulse
    Ice Beam
    Recover

If Hydreigon gets knocked out (which tends to happen since I use it to counter a lot of Pokemon), Milotic fills in for Dragon-sweeper. I also added it because I tend to have trouble with Fire types and this solved the problem.

Aggron @Muscle Band
    Adamant
    252 Defense, 252 Attack, 4 HP
    Stone Edge
    Iron Tail
    Dragon Rush
    Surf

This Pokemon is the one I've been switching out most often, my physical wall. It's been Gigalith, Emboar, Carracosta, and now Aggron. Stone Edge is the move of choice I usually use. I'd be most willing to switch this one out if suggested.

Cradily

Fossil merchant
    Years
  • Ferrothorn with spikes and stealth rock is a nice touch and good balance for your team, i gather you would use him early on in fights?

Mienshao seems like a scouter for me which is good as you say

Milotic and Ren do support your weaknesses, IMO would go for surf over hydro pump, i prefer reliability over power, with STAB is does a solid ammount of damage too!

Only 1 thing i would go for is a good support pokemon with the likes of light screen, safeguard, reflect, just to add that backbone, as some pokemon can be done over with confuse ray and hypnosis as well as toxic and will o wisp

hope i helped but it is a great team!

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Strong fighting attacks will hurt your team badly with both Ferrothorn and Aggron weak to them, and even 4x in Aggron's case. One solution would be Jellicent instead of Milotic, as it would still help against fire-type moves.

A ghost in general would also help preserving those hazards that Ferrothorn sets up. But then again, what is the point with both SR and spikes on him? I don't think you will get that many free turns to set them up really, so I'd say choose one and put leech seed in the place of the other.

I don't really like Aggron in general, mainly because of his 4x ground and fighting weaknesses, but also due to his low speed. This is in a way solved by trick room, but then again, it will probably not be up when you really need it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Cradily said:
    Milotic and Ren do support your weaknesses, IMO would go for surf over hydro pump, i prefer reliability over power, with STAB is does a solid ammount of damage too!

Only 1 thing i would go for is a good support pokemon with the likes of light screen, safeguard, reflect, just to add that backbone, as some pokemon can be done over with confuse ray and hypnosis as well as toxic and will o wisp

Oh man I hate hypnosis and toxic so much, lol. It's hard for me to use those because I'm so used to in-game playing (kill kill kill, who needs non-damaging moves?) that using them is kind of foreign to me, but I'll definitely look into it. (:

Strong fighting attacks will hurt your team badly with both Ferrothorn and Aggron weak to them, and even 4x in Aggron's case. One solution would be Jellicent instead of Milotic, as it would still help against fire-type moves.

A ghost in general would also help preserving those hazards that Ferrothorn sets up. But then again, what is the point with both SR and spikes on him? I don't think you will get that many free turns to set them up really, so I'd say choose one and put leech seed in the place of the other.

I don't really like Aggron in general, mainly because of his 4x ground and fighting weaknesses, but also due to his low speed. This is in a way solved by trick room, but then again, it will probably not be up when you really need it.

Do you have a suggestion of a good physical wall to use instead? I used Jellicent in place of Milotic for a while, but since the dual typing doesn't cover up any of the weaknesses of the other, the four different weaknesses made it die incredibly easily. I'm not a huge fan of Aggron either but I'm not sure what would be a good alternative. That was one of the main reasons I put this up here; I feel like I could have a better Pokemon there but I have no idea which one, lol.

I see your point with Ferrothorn; by the time I have one trap set up, the other player will have probably switched in a fire-type that tears him up and I have to react instead of set up the other one.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • What's Stone Edge doing on a Special sweeper like Hydreigon? If you're planning to go mixed, here's a mixed set I found on Smogon (credit goes to IcyMan28 for creating it):
    -Outrage
    -Draco Meteor
    -Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    -Surf/U-turn/Earthquake/Taunt/Dark Pulse
    Nature: Naughty
    EV: 208 Atk/108 SAtk/192 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

If you want to keep Hydreigon as a special attacker, this is better:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Fire Blast
    -Surf
    -U-turn/Dark Pulse
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf/Choice Specs

Trick Room on Reuniclus is better off if you're using it in a pure Trick Room team. I'd have Recover in its place; if you want to keep TR, that's fine.

Definitely go with Jellicent over Milotic; it has good synergy with Ferrothorn.

Gliscor might be good over Aggron; it resist Fighting as well:
    -Earthquake
    -Acrobatics
    -Fling
    -Protect/Facade/Stone Edge/Ice Fang
    Nature: Impish/Jolly
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def or 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe (tweak the EV spreads to suit your fancy)
    Item: Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    What's Stone Edge doing on a Special sweeper like Hydreigon? If you're planning to go mixed, here's a mixed set I found on Smogon (credit goes to IcyMan28 for creating it):
    -Outrage
    -Draco Meteor
    -Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    -Surf/U-turn/Earthquake/Taunt/Dark Pulse
    Nature: Naughty
    EV: 208 Atk/108 SAtk/192 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

If you want to keep Hydreigon as a special attacker, this is better:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Fire Blast
    -Surf
    -U-turn/Dark Pulse
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf/Choice Specs

Lol I can't believe I didn't notice that before, you definitely have a point. I'll switch that move out.

Definitely go with Jellicent over Milotic; it has good synergy with Ferrothorn.

What exactly do you mean by that? Is it because of the fire resistance and fighting immunity?

Gliscor might be good over Aggron; it resist Fighting as well:
    -Earthquake
    -Acrobatics
    -Fling
    -Protect/Facade/Stone Edge/Ice Fang
    Nature: Impish/Jolly
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def or 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe (tweak the EV spreads to suit your fancy)
    Item: Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal

Ooh, I'll definitely try switching that in and using it instead. Thank you! (:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

• What exactly do you mean by that? Is it because of the fire resistance and fighting immunity?
    Yes. To further back up my statement, Ferrothorn and Jellicent resist each other's weaknesses (Jellicent can take the Fire and Fighting attacks aimed at Ferrothorn; Ferrothorn can take the Electric, Grass, Dark and Ghost attacks aimed at Jellicent).

Edit: Change Gliscor's EVs into this: 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe,. And make Mienshao Jolly rather than Adamant; it could use the extra Speed.

Last edited:
    Back