• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Build a Perfect Ash Companion!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • In this thread, you can make your own Ash companion! Just be sure to give a name, describe what he/she looks like, what kind of trainer they are, and how they act as the bare minimum! If you want to list what Pokemon they'd have, or even a visual drawing, go ahead! And yes, if you want, you can use NON main characters, even rivals in a scenario where they COULD have been Ash companions for a whole region. Have fun with it~.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I actually think Dawn was Ash's perfect companion (: their bromance went sky high and they balanced each other so well. I think if I tried to make a new companion from scratch, I'd borrow a lot from her o:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Well, I'm gonna make a travel companion from scratch since I like fun. This is my idea of perfect, so keep in mind, this is just an opinion!

Name: Mira!

Appearance She'd have medium length pink hair, tied in braids, blue eyes, with dark blue glasses over them, and wear the X/Y style sundress. I think it'd be interesting if she were about two inches taller than Ash, just for the fun of it. I think she'd have a

Personality: She'd be a slightly ditsy oujo-sama style character. However, beyond the surface, unlike most oujos, she doesn't mind getting dirty, and would be kind overall. Loves fashion like Dawn did in her run. I don't know if the oujo works for Ash, but I think it'd work for him.

Goal: She'd battle, of course. I want a girl who's goal is to do battles, rather than contests/become a master of a certain type. She's probably prefer a certain battle style like inverse battle, maybe? (which never got showcased in the anime anyway. Rip...)

Pokemon: Fighting, Psychic and Fairy type Pokemon. :D

I may reply again later with previous characters from the show and how I feel they'd be if they were Ash companions~.

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
    Years
  • pokemon_trainer_emily_by_zserttay-dahx6id.png

Emily is a fun loving girl who chose Chespin as her starter Pokemon and began traveling with Ash in the Kalos region. She is quite ditzy to begin with, which leads Ash to believe that she will turn away from battles and head towards Pokemon Contests like May and Dawn. Emily surprises him, however, when she completely changes into a serious and competitive character during battles, obtaining her first Kalos Gym Badge before even Ash. She would be both his traveling companion and his rival, adding a new dynamic to the traveling party. Ash would eventually lose to Emily in the Kalos league, and she would go on to win the tournament.

Back