• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Music & Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
Share how you did it because this affects lots of people :0

Well to anyone who has this problem, basically I opened regedit (search regedit on pc) and I went to edit>find. Search for "sappy" and it'll bring you to the first set of data relating to sappy. Right click it, and click delete. Then go back to edit and click "find next", and keep deleting everything with the word sappy until it cant find anymore. Then, you should be good to go :P

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
I've been trying to insert a theme, specifically HGSS' Wild Battle theme (Johto) into Emerald. Everything's fine until I go ingame, where there's beeps at points and there's also a lot of crackling. The funny thing is, everything else in the game is fine, even the other music, and it plays okay in Sappy too. Besides extending the number of DirectSound channels that I could use, I also changed the voicegroup used for the Wild Battle theme to add in some more instruments needed for the song.

I'm not sure what's going on here....I can upload the midi itself and an assembled .s file (if that's allowed) if needed.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I've been trying to insert a theme, specifically HGSS' Wild Battle theme (Johto) into Emerald. Everything's fine until I go ingame, where there's beeps at points and there's also a lot of crackling. The funny thing is, everything else in the game is fine, even the other music, and it plays okay in Sappy too. Besides extending the number of DirectSound channels that I could use, I also changed the voicegroup used for the Wild Battle theme to add in some more instruments needed for the song.

I'm not sure what's going on here....I can upload the midi itself and an assembled .s file (if that's allowed) if needed.

1: You're missing instruments in the voicegroup, so it's playing the stuff that's there, which is the "beeps"
2: Your song is too loud
3 (Kinda): I have a music patch that has all of the HGSS songs and instruments etc. I'll be updating it soon so you should wait (plus the current release is kinda bad)

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
1: You're missing instruments in the voicegroup, so it's playing the stuff that's there, which is the "beeps"
2: Your song is too loud
3 (Kinda): I have a music patch that has all of the HGSS songs and instruments etc. I'll be updating it soon so you should wait (plus the current release is kinda bad)

Thanks for your help! I lowered the volume and replaced the percussion (I figured out that the drums that Emerald has just can't handle some notes from the original HGSS percussion) with a modified version of RSE's Wild Pokemon Battle theme percussion, and now everything sounds wonderful!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
VERY new to music hacking here, so plz be nice guys, haha. I've tried messing around in Anvil Studio before and got (I think) the basic hang of how things work. What I'm still a little unsure about is voicegroups and such (yes I refer to the FR voicegroups document constantly when trying to do things).
From what I gather, Drums are the hardest to get your head around so I thought I'd start with that. The first custom tune I'd like to make sounds like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deu_mEvzrUk

Nothing too hard, I hope! I was hoping someone might be able to help me on which instruments I should use in AS that are already present in FR? I thought of the Timpani one at first but then I know nothing haha. Any input or advice or comments on this at all will be appreciated greatly!

*Looks up Sappy tutorial and faceplants keyboard some more*

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
VERY new to music hacking here, so plz be nice guys, haha. I've tried messing around in Anvil Studio before and got (I think) the basic hang of how things work. What I'm still a little unsure about is voicegroups and such (yes I refer to the FR voicegroups document constantly when trying to do things).
From what I gather, Drums are the hardest to get your head around so I thought I'd start with that. The first custom tune I'd like to make sounds like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deu_mEvzrUk

Nothing too hard, I hope! I was hoping someone might be able to help me on which instruments I should use in AS that are already present in FR? I thought of the Timpani one at first but then I know nothing haha. Any input or advice or comments on this at all will be appreciated greatly!

*Looks up Sappy tutorial and faceplants keyboard some more*

Apart from using existing drums, like the ones in the introduction, those lower parts could maybe be recreated with Gunshots and the higher parts could use some sort of wood-ish sounding instrument... maybe a Marimba? I hope these aren't terrible suggestions. >.>

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
I'm new in music hacking, whenever I assemble new music on sappy, it doesn't play on both sappy and game, the song is empty.
I downloaded the Aspertia theme and converted it into midi file using wavosaur, then drag the midi file in mid2AGB.exe then it creates .s file. I opened my rom in Sappy, clicked the assemble song, selected the .s file, type 0xC90000 in header box (dunno the correct lable, it's below the rom box) and pressed cook it, the pop up said done, Do you want to add it to the table? Something like that then pressed Yes, afterwards, the music is empty. I know I did something wrong, but can anyone point it to me?

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
Hello all. I've asked this question once before but in another section, and I've been told I would get the best results by asking it here.
I am trying to insert a preset from a soundfont into FireRed, following gogo's method in his sappy tutorial. However, the difference here is that the preset is LAYERED with multiple violin instruments (the sound being inserted), not just one like normal. Is there any known method for inserting a preset like this?
Thank you

GoGoJJTech

Years
Hello all. I've asked this question once before but in another section, and I've been told I would get the best results by asking it here.
I am trying to insert a preset from a soundfont into FireRed, following gogo's method in his sappy tutorial. However, the difference here is that the preset is LAYERED with multiple violin instruments (the sound being inserted), not just one like normal. Is there any known method for inserting a preset like this?
Thank you

Well that stupid tutorial does cover multi instruments :0

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years

Well that stupid tutorial does cover multi instruments :0

Indeed it does, but those are multi instruments. What I mean is there are multiple multi instruments in the full preset :/
9u2bdBL.png

As you can see, there are four different violin instruments in the preset, not one (which all happen to be their own multi). When you click on global, the full sound plays with each violin instrument layered on top of each other. What I'm trying to insert is that full sound. Any idea on inserting that? xD

GoGoJJTech

Years
Indeed it does, but those are multi instruments. What I mean is there are multiple multi instruments in the full preset :/
9u2bdBL.png

As you can see, there are four different violin instruments in the preset, not one (which all happen to be their own multi). When you click on global, the full sound plays with each violin instrument layered on top of each other. What I'm trying to insert is that full sound. Any idea on inserting that? xD

You're saying there are multis in multis, which is wrong and impossible.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
You're saying there are multis in multis, which is wrong and impossible.

No thats not what i am saying. There are samples, instruments, and presets in a soundfont.. The the preset is the sound that is heard when the soundfont is used by other programs, and typically just contains the instrument (you know all this). The instrument contains the multis, but in this case the preset has multiple instruments in it. Do u understand what I mean? And its not impossible, it is just layered instruments and viena even has an option to do this.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2018
Can I take music from any GBA game and put it into another without much effort? I think it's easiest to list my thought process:

1) Mystery Dungeon has the greatest soundtrack in the Pokemon series (source)

2) Red Rescue Team is a GBA game

3) Emerald and FireRed are GBA games

4) I can port music from PMD to a main-series game with little effort

Please tell me it's that easy. I'm pretty sure somebody has the Red Rescue Team audio as they appear on the cart in the original file format. If not, I'll do it myself.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
Hi,
I am currently trying to insert a multi into my game, and right now I am setting loop points for the waves in the multi. There are 15 waves, and 11 of them have loop points that look like this:
gregs_zpsjqoa1tel.png

They end in -10? Could someone explain to me what this means?

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2016
Can I disable music in XY/ORAS by simply deleting it all? Or does pic related include all sfx as-well?
2016-04-04_06-11-48.png

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 10, 2017
I assume this question would go here, although unlike the others this isn't music insertion it is for alteration.

I want to alter the title screen music in Pokemon Crystal. The music I want to use is the unused intro music (the second one) that is within the romfile. I believe it has ID 53, according to a list of music I found elsewhere.

I'm not entirely sure where to find the pointer for the intro music in the hex editor though. Could some tell me the byte(s) / offset I would need to alter to switch the music over to this alternate music? Presumably it's a simple change of one byte value to another, but I have no idea where to find it!

Thanks!

Years
What does this light blue number mean and how can I change it to 0? Whenever it's greater than 0 it messes up the sound of the track.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    47.6 KB · Views: 8

GoGoJJTech

Years
What does this light blue number mean and how can I change it to 0? Whenever it's greater than 0 it messes up the sound of the track.

That's the "MOD" of the track.
Look in your .s file and you'll see it. The "MODT (MOD type)" is defaulted at 0, which fluctuates the frequency. 1 fluctuates treble I think, and 2 fluctuates the pan.

Either set the MODT or remove the MOD.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 23, 2021
Hey guys,
First of all, I'm new to " modding " and my intention is not to mod completely a Pokèmon game, I'd just like to make some differences.

So I'm trying to edit music on Pokèmon Fire Red. I've found many tutorials, but some seem very hard, so I followed some that looked easier. I figured that I had to use Sappy Mod version, so I got it.

What I want to do is : getting a music battle theme from Pokemon Ruby ( the legendary fight one ) and put on Pokemon Fire Red instead of the theme " Battle 2 ".
I followed 2 methods : by exporting and importing tracks, and by using the MIDI and then importing the theme as a ".s " file.

All fine here, I can import the track successfully : but here comes the problem! The sound of the theme is different in some points, very different. I'd like to have it the same as the original, and I don't know how to do it..
I noticed that if I follow the .s method, when I have to import, there's a " Voicegroup offset " : I tried edit it and the sound everytime is different.

Someone can help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back