• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "Advance" team

scizor007

Vengeance
Years
  • Here goes-

1.Heracross-salac berry
    ev-252 each for att& speed
    Nature-adamant

Megahorn
    Rock slide( I chose this over Earthquake, as it's prone to golbats,ninjasks)
    Endure
    Reversal

2.Slaking-choice band
    ev-252 each att & speed
    Nature-adamant

Hyper beam(pp- 8) (I usually go with only this att)
    shadow ball
    Brick break
    Earthquake

3.Snorlax-Lum berry
    ev-252 each for att & sp. def
    Nature-adamant(I luuv that)

Curse
    Body slam
    Earth quake
    Rest

4.Raikou-Lum berry
    ev-252 each for sp att & def
    Nature-Modest

Calm mind
    Thunder bolt
    Rest
    Hidden power(Grass)

5.Ninjask-Focus band
    ev-252 for sp def &def
    Nature-Adamant

Swords dance
    Aerial ace
    Baton pass
    Agility( surprised?? Wait & see)

6.Tyranitar-(i'm thinking what to give it-any suggestions??)
    ev-252 att & sp att
    Nature-Adamant

Crunch
    Rock slide
    Earthquake
    Hyper beam

So, there you have it, I don't think I need to describe the strategies.Still

1.Heracross & slaking usually take out most of pokemons.
    2. I know it's slightly weak to some fighting type with earthquake, That's why I have Ninjask.
    3. Raikou usually acts as the FINISHER.

Rate it. :)

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • posting from phone so bar with me.

Slaking wants focus punch and not brick bad.

Raikou wants timid nature and 40 hp / 252 satk / 216 spe outspeeds base 110s and something else. I forgot and i cant pull up smogon.

Raikou also wants lefties because otherwise tyranitar sandstorm will kill it frm behind a sub.

That tyranitar set is bad but i forgot any good tar sets so someone else will have to do that.

This team has a huge machamp weakness. Especially bulk up variants. Unfortunately i kinda suck at adv so idk how to fix it.

scizor007

Vengeance
    Years
  • posting from phone so bar with me.

Slaking wants focus punch and not brick bad.

That tyranitar set is bad but i forgot any good tar sets so someone else will have to do that.

This team has a huge machamp weakness. Especially bulk up variants. Unfortunately i kinda suck at adv so idk how to fix it.

Yeah,yeah,i know.
    Still, slaking's faster than machamp even if its Hasty with a capital H.(tried it m'self).Even if machamp outspeeds it,ninjask can take care.

Focus punch sucks in comp. battles.

As for T-Tar, i know it's not the best, but any better suggestions????

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Call me stupid, but the Ninjask set looks like you went "ohey Sash-passing Ninjask is pretty cool lets use it but in advance with a Focus Bad." Focus Bad is really unreliable and...bad. If you actually want to use Baton Passing Ninjask, for one, don't use Agility, because Substitute + Speed Boost gets you enough speed anyway. Replace it with Substitute and get rid of Focus Bad, maybe a Liechi or Leftovers to work with aforementioned subs.

scizor007

Vengeance
    Years
  • Duh, ninjask sucks in def & sp def.
    IT'll rarely survive more than one att
    All i expect it do do is Agility & baton pass to T-tar
    However it can b useful in later part(esp if a machamp starts wreakin havoc)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Duh, that's why I said Substitute. You sub first and, unless they're using Rock Blast (which you should never have switched to, dumb idea), you'll survive easily. Plenty of Speed there. And anyway, if you want to pass Agility, use Scizor or something. More survivability.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wow, an Advance team. Haven't seen one of these in AGES.

But there's no WiFi in the GBA games. Are you planning to use this on Netbattle or something?

Anyways, no matter what you do, NEVER EVER use Hyper Beam or any move that makes you recharge. Not even Slaking should use it. Hyper Beam makes you unable to switch out, which can lead to your defeat after you use it. Use Return over Hyper Beam.

Smogon has an important tip on Slaking involving Brick Break:
    Smogon said:
    Why you shouldn't use Brick BreaK on Slaking

I see a lot of newer players using Slaking, but many of them make the same common mistake over and over. They'll use moves like Brick Break or Rock Slide over Focus Punch. There is no reason for this. The moveset shown above (Return / Earthquake / Shadow Ball / Focus Punch) will deal with every single Pokémon in the game. If you predict them switching in something weak to Fighting, why would you need to Brick Break instead of Focus Punch? Predicting is a big part of Slaking, both when using it and playing against it, so expect lots of switches.

Focus Punch is twice as strong as Brick Break and should always be used over it. You know nothing about competitive battles if you think Focus Punch is bad in competitive battles.

On Ninjask, don't use Focus Band. Ever. You are confusing it with Focus Sash. Focus Sash works all the time, but Focus Band only works 10% of the time. Focus Sash doesn't exist in Advance though. Replace it with Liechi Berry.

For EVs, it needs to be Jolly with 252 Speed. Why does it need to be so fast? Because if you don't have max Speed, other Ninjasks will outspeed you and beat you with Aerial Ace.

Also, Agility is useless on Ninjask since it already has Speed Boost. Focus on Swords Dance instead. Replace Agility with Substitute to buy you time to gain Speed Boosts. Also, Substitute can be Baton Passed too.

Another Pokemon that should have Substitute is Raikou. Like Ninjask, Raikou needs Substitute so it can safely stat boost. Replace Rest with Substitute and Lum Berry with Leftovers.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

scizor007

Vengeance
    Years
  • Duh, that's why I said Substitute. You sub first and, unless they're using Rock Blast (which you should never have switched to, dumb idea), you'll survive easily. Plenty of Speed there. And anyway, if you want to pass Agility, use Scizor or something. More survivability.

Scizor loses out to a tiny-miny fire att

TO ARAGORN BIRD,

Thnx for the return advice.
    By the way i don't care if it's br break/focpunch......Earthquake's more trustworthy(esp with choice band)

I don't get the ninjask part,though.Mine will hav a sp boost by the time another switches in.besides I hav 252 sp def &def-so slight chance of surviving

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Okay here's what you don't understand:

NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU BOOST NINJASKS DEFENSES, IT STILL WON'T SURVIVE MOST ATTACKS, ESPECIALLY SUPER EFFECTIVE ONES!

Putting EVs into Ninjask's defenses is a complete waste and is a very very VERY STUPID IDEA. Ninjask is not a wall and will never be a wall. It's only goal is to Baton Pass Attack and Speed boosts and nothing else. Don't try to make it survive attacks, that's what Substitute is for. Substitute will make sure NO attack will beat Ninjask as long as a Substitute is up (except for multi-hit moves like Rock Blast and Icicle Spear).

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Also why used Adamant nature on a Tyrantitar with Special Attack? That lowers its Special Attack (Crunch is Special in ADV).

Lots of natures and EV spread need re-doing. Why is Ninjask running Agility when it already has Speed Boost? Use Protect or Substitute.

scizor007

Vengeance
    Years

Okay here's what you don't understand:

NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU BOOST NINJASKS DEFENSES, IT STILL WON'T SURVIVE MOST ATTACKS, ESPECIALLY SUPER EFFECTIVE ONES!

Putting EVs into Ninjask's defenses is a complete waste and is a very very VERY STUPID IDEA. Ninjask is not a wall and will never be a wall. It's only goal is to Baton Pass Attack and Speed boosts and nothing else. Don't try to make it survive attacks, that's what Substitute is for. Substitute will make sure NO attack will beat Ninjask as long as a Substitute is up (except for multi-hit moves like Rock Blast and Icicle Spear).

Duh, but the turn I substitute, it'll get broken (probably by any att)
    I like the protect part-I could use swords dance&then 2 protects as sum1 switches in & voila.
    I know T-Tar with adamant is a bit dumb, but I usually use rock slide,even if it's a psycho type.(If foe has same def &sp def, rock slide does more damage,coz of its monster att)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Duh, but the turn I substitute, it'll get broken (probably by any att)

Yeah, but the turn you use Agility, YOU get broken, probably by any att. see the point? With Sub, you only lose 25% per turn. The other way, you lose 100% per turn.

Also, T-tar's special Att isn't as bad as you think. If Crunch is super effective and Rock Slide is not, Crunch will be stronger. Just get a nature that takes away from Sp. Def or Speed.

scizor007

Vengeance
    Years
  • Also, T-tar's special Att isn't as bad as you think. If Crunch is super effective and Rock Slide is not, Crunch will be stronger. Just get a nature that takes away from Sp. Def or Speed.

Well, my T-tar is at lvl 87.It has att-301, sp att-143 or sumthin like that.
    U can see why I go for rock slide.Plus psycho pkmn hav BAD def &pretty good sp def-same goes for ghost types(except dusclops ,which is a real headache)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • @Scizor, if you're not going to use Crunch, might as well get rid of it for Focus Punch or Hidden Power Bug. Substitute replacing Hyper Bad would work too, meaning, with the tanking power of T-tar (although it's more probably it's because T-tar is slower and sets up the sub after getting hit), you can often let loose a hellish Focus Punch.

scizor007, why make a "Rate My Team" thread and then not take advice from the more experienced majority of people here, who might POSSIBLY know more about competitive battling?
    I mean come on, Full ATK CB'd Slaking, that is "usually only using Hyper Beam"? thats going to no damage to anything, *sarcasm on* apart from the occasional Slowpoke, which after using Amnesia isn't even OHKO'd by Hyper Beam *sarcasm off*.

And to quote you;

Uh, if you want to diss someone, please know your own facts before doing it. Hyper Beam is physical in Advance, meaning it'll do massive damage to just about anything that's not a Ghost (40-50% on Skarmory!), and Amnesia does nothing to it.

It's still a crap move, but I'm just pointing out it's bad for other reasons - namely that you can't switch after using it, meaning you're usually pretty much limited to one kill. You kill them with Hyper Beam, and then they switch into something fast with a fighting move or something and you get blasted.

also, Slowpoke without Amnesia isn't OHKO'd by a Hyper Beam, anyway.

Last edited:

scizor007

Vengeance
    Years
  • scizor007, why make a "Rate My Team" thread and then not take advice from the more experienced majority of people here, who might POSSIBLY know more about competitive battling?

And to quote you;

Well, I'd take the advice if most of it wasn't crap.Still,sum were useful.Here are the corrections-

1.Heracross-salac berry
    ev-252 each for att& speed
    Nature-adamant

Megahorn
    Rock slide
    Endure
    Reversal

2.Slaking-choice band
    ev-252 each att & speed
    Nature-adamant

Return(thought of double edge,decd against it)
    shadow ball
    Brick break
    Earthquake

3.Snorlax-Lum berry
    ev-252 each for att & sp. def
    Nature-adamant(I luuv that)

Curse
    Body slam
    Earth quake
    Rest

4.Raikou-Lum berry
    ev-252 each for sp att & def
    Nature-Modest

Calm mind
    Thunder bolt
    Rest
    Hidden power(Ice)

5.Ninjask-Focus band
    ev-252 for sp & att
    Nature-Adamant

Swords dance
    Aerial ace
    Baton pass
    protect/Substitute(pretty much da same)

6.Tyranitar-(STILL i'm thinking what to give it)
    ev-252 att & sp att
    Nature-Naughty( - sp, so need sp boost)

Crunch
    Rock slide
    Earthquake
    Hyper beam

So, there you have it.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

You forgot to give Raikou Substitute over Rest and Leftovers over Lum Berry.

Ninjask still needs a better item like Liechi Berry.

Also give Tyranitar Aerial Ace over Hyper Beam so you can beat Breloom and Heracross. For an item, use Leftovers or Lum Berry.

You need to give it more Speed EVs so that you don't need as many Speed Boosts. Look at this:

Tyranitar's Speed:

No EVs: 158
    Max EVs: 221

No EVs + 1 Speed Boost: 237
    Max EVs + 1 Speed Boost: 331

No EVs + 2 Speed Boost: 316
    Max EVs + 2 Speed Boost: 442

After 2 Speed Boosts, max Speed Tyranitar beats all Pokemon except Ninjask, while No EVs can't even beat base 110 Pokemon like Gengar.

Ideally, you'll want Tyranitar to have 198 Speed so it can beat base 130 Pokemon after 2 Speed Boosts. That means give Tyranitar 160 Speed EVs and put the rest in Sp. Attack.

252 Atk / 160 Spd / 96 SAtk

After these changes, your team should be much better off.

Back