• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Captain Fabio's Photography Gallery

Years
Bump!
Sorry I have been off the radar with Photography recently, I have been very busy with University work!

More stuff will be coming soon, I promise! :3

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'll just post what I told you earlier here: the only thing that I would say about the composition is that her chin is making a tangent with the bottom of the frame.. :3 Other than that, it is lovely! You heard what I said about the light in the back.. but yeah just be more conscious of your framing next time. You can always crop in but you can't always expand out .O.! <3

Years
Thank you Kura. I would have liked to have thought I would have solved those problems if I was sober! XD

UPDATED NEW PICTURE!
Falling Water.
Spoiler:

Silver

Kyle
Years
Really love the new one Fabio! The only thing that bugs me is I can't really clearly tell what you wanted the focal to be, I'm guessing it's the drops suspended in the air, but none the less, an enjoyable photo. Kudos. I really should go do some now the weather is nice again. I've been slacking.

Speed

Skyward
Years
Woah, I love that photo, photos like yours inspire me to start doing some photography. Good job. :D

Gunn

horror resident
Years
Love your latest one; the water is so crisp. Stop-motion action is so fun. I practiced it with my sister juggling Pokeballs. xD My only crit is that the entire image appears to be a little tilted. The shapes and lines emphasize that more than the glass cup does. But that's real easy to fix in Photoshop. Other than that, great capture.

Years
Thanks for the feedback guys.
It was hard to get a good focal point when some of the drops were ahead of others. I just set the manual focus on it before I dropped the water, then just went from there! XD​

Silver

Kyle
Years
Thanks for the feedback guys.
It was hard to get a good focal point when some of the drops were ahead of others. I just set the manual focus on it before I dropped the water, then just went from there! XD​

That's what I was thinking, because it'd be incredibly hard for autofocus to focus correctly in the short amount of time the drops were present.

Years
That's what I was thinking, because it'd be incredibly hard for autofocus to focus correctly in the short amount of time the drops were present.

I never use AF. ;)
Well, I use to when I bought the camera, obviously, but I have learnt to use the manual focus; you get much more control and freedom.

I hope to have more pictures coming in the near future.​

Silver

Kyle
Years
I never use AF. ;)
Well, I use to when I bought the camera, obviously, but I have learnt to use the manual focus; you get much more control and freedom.

I hope to have more pictures coming in the near future.​

I'm about half and half manual versus automatic. I use auto when I'm lazy and manual when I want more control and am less lazy.

Years
Of course it is. You can still get lovely pictures from it.
But, if you use MF, then you get much more satisfaction from a beautiful picture that you have done, all by yourself.​

Silver

Kyle
Years
Of course it is. You can still get lovely pictures from it.
But, if you use MF, then you get much more satisfaction from a beautiful picture that you have done, all by yourself.​

I completely agree, it's just sometimes you get the feeling oh, I have this utility, I might as well make use of it.

And darnit, this conversation has made me want to go shoot when instead I should be studying for exams. Damnit.

Years
I completely agree, it's just sometimes you get the feeling oh, I have this utility, I might as well make use of it.

And darnit, this conversation has made me want to go shoot when instead I should be studying for exams. Damnit.

It is true. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with AF.
Haha, sorrrrrrry! :P​

Nothing wrong with using AF, so long as you are controlling it and not camera

No no no, don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with AF, I just think you have a lot more control in MF, because you do. I am just use to it now though. It comes with time and practise.​

I've been using AF too much lately ;_; I gotta manual it up!

YAY KURA!
Awww, well, you don't have too. I just do MF for reasons above.​

Years
It's a God damn promise I am starting my photography back up soon! Not long till my exams are over and then, then I can be let loose with my camera! :3​

Back