• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Advanced Offset

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
  • So I always forget to write down offset for images and table repointing . And if you've done that, then you know how terrible it can be trying to change it on a later date, or to add stuff to an ini file. Well today I bring you a solution to that issue. The Advanced Offset! It will automagically find common table and image pointers!

Features:
    A handy amount of offsets magically for you!
    Supply your own offsets!
    Magical ini creation powers!
    Yea thats about it. :-/
    Supports literally any GBA game. It come's pre-packaged with FireRed and Emerald inis.

Screenshot - sorta big so I spoilereded it
    Spoiler:

Bugs/Things you may not like
    It's not pretty anymore :cry:

Downloads
    Source Code

v3-beta.2 Download
    From now on all updates will be available on my github only

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • This is an interesting idea for a tool! It would be neat if it could generate copy-pastable INI files for tools such as G3HS for users who don't understand how to do so manualy.

Years
  • That's actually a pretty nice tool. But you know what would make it even better? An ability to generate INIs for various hacking tools like PGE, G3T, UTE, G3HS and other popular ones. What do you think?

Years
  • I don't know why I haven't seen this :(
    Looks good, though! Yet another excellent job, bro!

Joexv

Years
  • This is an interesting idea for a tool! It would be neat if it could generate copy-pastable INI files for tools such as G3HS for users who don't understand how to do so manualy.

That's actually a pretty nice tool. But you know what would make it even better? An ability to generate INIs for various hacking tools like PGE, G3T, UTE, G3HS and other popular ones. What do you think?
    Yea i didnt even think about ini generation. Maybe once i get some free time i can try and work on that.
    I don't know why I haven't seen this :(
    Looks good, though! Yet another excellent job, bro!
    U havent seen it cause its brandnew. Made it just this morning... Well yesterday morning i guess...

Joexv

Years
  • Well lucky for all you guys I got some time this morning to add an ini creation button. Simply have your G3HS or PGE ini in the same folder as Advanced Offset, and BOOM!!! Updated ini.
    Note to peeps:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Well lucky for all you guys I got some time this morning to add an ini creation button. Simply have your G3HS or PGE ini in the same folder as Advanced Offset, and BOOM!!! Updated ini.
    Note to peeps:
    Spoiler:

Awesome :)
    This will come in useful!

Joexv

Years
  • Hey guys new update!
    Version 1.2.1--Download

Changelog:
    Fully supports expanded ROM offsets.
    Cleaned up code to make it slightly faster at writing inis.
    Minor bug fixes regarding G3HS ini

Joexv

Years
  • Alrighty so I'm gonna bring this thread back from the dead to release a new update.

V2-Download

This update is literally a rewrite of the entire program. With fancy new Ini creation supporting PGE 3.7(Fire red only) and D&D Editor Alpha 5 (FR and EM) along with better offset display and more offsets. I plan on adding in more ini support along with perfecting whats currently there.

The D&D xml creation and editing has been tested and is working, although PGE has not. Please report any bugs you may find or submit more offsets you would like this to display.

This should work just fine with expanded ROMs and most if not all major tables that were repointed should be properly changed in the ini creation. With that being said you should still check important tables before modifying them with any program so you don't overwrite anything you didn't want to.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2023
    hey, ive been trying to use this to generate an .ini automatically with that 1460 rom base and pge 3.7, and it doesnt seem to be working. It seems like its still correctly finding the offsets, but its not translating them to an ini file correctly

Joexv

Years
  • hey, ive been trying to use this to generate an .ini automatically with that 1460 rom base and pge 3.7, and it doesnt seem to be working. It seems like its still correctly finding the offsets, but its not translating them to an ini file correctly
    PGE ini creation is still untested so there's bound to be bugs.
    After looking through it though, it seems I forgot to add in amount of moves so add in NumberOfAttacks=
    to the ini. You will still need to double check other offsets to make sure they're correct.

EDIT: Update DOWNLOAD/Changelog

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ini para Ruby:

Spoiler:

Back