• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black/White Team

Mizuken

Mastermind
Years
  • I'm just planning ahead for a competitive Gen V team. The team was very offensive but I switched Scrafty and Gyarados for Gliscor and Hitmontop and I'm trying to take advantage of the paralysis that Whimsicott can spread with stun spore.

547.png

Whimsicott w/t Mischievous Heart
    @Leftovers
    Bold
    252 Hp/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
    -Substitute
    -Leech Seed
    -Encore/ Taunt
    -Stun spore

Chose a bulky EV spread so it can at least take a hit. Not sure what to choose between taunt or encore. Taunt can prevent rocks and spikes, but encore can punish rocks, spikes, and setup moves.

609.png

Chandelure w/t Flash Fire
    @Choice Scarf
    Timid
    4 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
    -Energy Ball
    -Overheat
    -Shadow Ball
    -Psychic*

Chandelure resists moves that are SE on Whimsicott, especially if its a fire move. I didn't want to be completely dependent on Whimsicott to spread status, so I chose a scarfed set. *I am not sure what to run for the last slot. I was wondering if psychic could inflict some serious damage on a Conkeldurr, but I'll have to do a damage calculation. I was also wondering if there are any notable pokemon that Chandelure would not be able to outrun if I chose a modest nature?

121.png

Starmie w/t Natural Cure
    @Life Orb
    Timid
    4 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
    -Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Recover

Pretty standard. Offers a lot of the coverage the rest of my team lacks.

635.png

Hydreigon w/t Levitate
    @Life Orb
    Modest/ Timid
    4 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
    -Draco Meteor
    -Fireblast
    -Taunt
    -U-turn

Chose a stallbreaker set so Blissey won't be that much of a problem and for the option to scout.

472.png

Gliscor w/t Poison Heal
    @Toxic Orb
    Impish
    252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe
    -Fling
    -Earthquake
    -Acrobat
    -Protect

Resists fighting type moves which Hydreigon doesn't appreciate and checks both Conkeldurr and Excadrill.

237.png

Hitmontop w/t Technician
    @Life Orb
    Adamant
    252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def
    -Fake Out
    -Rapid Spin
    -Mach Punch
    -Sucker Punch

An offensive Hitmontop with the option to spin away hazards (rocks of which will ruin Chandelure's day).

I see a lot of Life Orbs, so if anybody think that will be a problem, I am open for suggestions on other items. And I was wondering if it would be more advantageous to run Whimsicott as lead or Hitmontop.

Last edited:
    Back