• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Semi-stall for dream world RMT

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Ok, welcome to my OU dream world rmt. This is my first OU rmt, I generally try UU or NU teams, but gen V doesnt have those, so this is what i made for the time being :D

Team at a glance:
    220px-530Doryuzu.png
    Well i wanted to base the team around Dory sweep (original yea), but mix it up a little. So first i chose dory.

200px-450Hippowdon.png
    Hippo comes next with the sand, i prefer him over Ttar because it counters certain threats which were otherwise uncovered (Blaziken, Roobushin (to an extent) etc).

210px-Brock_Forretress.jpg
    Forry is where my team is slightly different. He provides T-spikes because with Dory and Hippo taking out steels and flyers with eq and rock slide, toxic spikes would be connecting on almost everything else.

180px-350Milotic.png
    Milotic was originally chosen as a general phazer, but is now sort of a special wall. I heard good stuff about it, but honestly i'd be happy to change it around, if just the EVs / moovepool.

120px-178Xatu.png
    I tend to find if Xatu goes down early game vs stall i lose, but if it stays around, i almost always win. Incredibly useful with mind games and general annoyance ;) I used to use Espeon, but prefer this guy, partly because of u-turn, and 4x fighting resist.

180px-302Sableye.png
    Alright, in-case you didn't know, sableye is (sort of) OU material now because of priority taunt, will-o-wisp, and recover. My personal favourite member of the team, plus love switching him in onto rankurusu.

But yea, onto the movesets:

215px-205Forretress.png

Forretress @ Custap berry
    Adamant Nature
    252 HP 112 ATT 144 DEF
    0 spe IV
    Sturdy
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Gyro Ball
    - Spikes / volt change
    - Rapid Spin

Ok, he is still a great lead in my opinion, and can pretty much always get 2 layers of toxic spikes minimum. I tend not to use him as a suicide lead just for that though, as lots of people can just soak up the spikes with tentacruel etc making him useless. Custap explosion isn't as great as i had hoped so i want to change that, maybe to SR for an extra chance to set rocks up.

180px-350Milotic.png

Milotic @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    252 HP 16 SPD 240 DEF
    Marvel Scale
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Boil Over
    - Dragon Tail

So yea, like i said, it hasn't been working amazingly... Could just be that i rely too much on it for special attacks, but it often ends up dying early and is very weak physically. Dragon tail phazing is definitely something i wanna keep however.

220px-530Doryuzu.png

Doryuzu @ Balloon
    Jolly Nature
    252 SPE 252 ATT 4 HP
    Sand Throw
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Return

Pretty standard by now... not much to say here. Good teamwork with forry, as it takes out steels and weak flyers. Great at revenging stuff like low hp gyarados or salamence who try to sweep.

180px-302Sableye.png

Sableye @ Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    252 HP 252 DEF 4 SPD
    Mischievous Heart
    - Taunt
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Recover
    - Trickery / night shade

I honestly love this guy, so many people underestimate it. Great switch in for something like lucario who is swords dancing on my Forry. It will priority burn, then stall out with recover. Many people try to set up more SDs when burnt, in which case trickery becomes ridiculously powerful and gives a surprise KO. Taunt means that spinners cant do annoying stuff and helps with stalling out occasionally.

120px-178Xatu.png

Xatu @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    252 HP 252 DEF 4 SPD
    Magic Mirror
    - Light screen
    - U-turn
    - Psycho shock
    - Roost

Xatu is key to my team to prevent entry hazards on my side. That and it provides wish and can scout the enemy. Breloom counter providing they dont carry stone edge or thunder-punch? Unfortunately quite a few do now :( But still, great poke to have for stall.

200px-450Hippowdon.png

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    252 HP 56 SPD 200 DEF
    Sand Stream
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Ice fang
    - Slack Off

And finally the sandstorm provider. I run a strange EV spread to make it take a special hit (pretty well in sand), from stuff like voltlos. Annoyingly i cant have ice fang in here aswell, so balloon dory can be annoying, but i try hard to break the balloon before hippo gets low health.

All credit for sprites go to Bulbapedia.

So please rate my team, and be as critical as you want etc.

Happy New Year ;)

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Explosion sucks this gen and has no place on ANY stall team, it needs all its members. Should only be used on CBers imo. Put on Spikes.

Though you should be using Nattorie > Forry as you lack anything to take hard special hits and you don't need Spin with Xatu. Hell he is like a Spinner himself with his frankly amazing ability. You only miss out on T-Spike, which lets face it isn't THAT good.

252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpDef on Milotic @ Calm provides equal defenses.

That Hippow spread is awful. It needs the Def to beat stuff like Dory etc. Try out Ice Fang over Roar or SR (which can be put on Natt, though you miss out on the great Leech Seed) to pop those Balloons and not be total Landlos/Nite <anything flying> fodder.

Xatu isnt a good Wish Passer imo, too low HP to make it worthwhile. You are missing out on some great moves like Reflect, Toxic, Calm Mind and Hidden Powers.

If this is DW i recommend Shed Shelling Natt and Xatu because Shandera is on every team. :/

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Have edited suggested changes, thanks!

I'm testing all of the above, I really wanted to keep t spikes, but natt is pretty much too good to pass up for them :S
    Trickery has been useful for me a lot, but ill try night shade, guaranteed 100 damage sounds alright.
    Milotic spread is helpful, plus yea I assumed my Hippo set sucked... lol I swapped defences around.
    I kinda hate sacrificing an item (lefties) for one poke (Shandera), so I think with light screen and u-turn, Xatu will be ok. I will put it on Nattorei however.

Back