• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for Fakemon Designers [Cancelled]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I've created this thread to make a team of artists and writers who are willing to help me on designing my own Pokémon I have on my Pokédex document which took me weeks to finish because of the amount of time on researching many things for each Pokémon to be based on. Preferably, I'd like to have artists that draw very good traditionally or digitally and have a more creative mind than I have, so I'm unable to just hire anyone who can draw. For the writing aspect, I along with you will do the descriptions, base stats, species names, and other necessary things for all of the Pokémon.

The Fakemon Pokédex document with the names, types, imaginary core titles, and my perspective of the type "Light" has all the slots for the 120 Pokémon filled in, although there is a few tweaking to perfect it. There are some Pokémon I've already designed (i.e. the starters) or have their designs planned. However, some of them need improvements to rid their blandness and make them more appealing and likable. My biggest issue I'm struggling with is what the main "mascot" legendary trio will be based on. Two out of three in the trio represent Success and Failure, and I couldn't find any resources that personify the 2 elements. I've searched up mythologies, philosophies, and folklores, but almost none of them have personifications of success and failure to represent the respective legendaries.

Edit: Forget what I said. It's taking forever to get some help. So why bother?

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey there! Glad you decided to post this! :) If it's okay, I have a few suggestions to make this easier on our artists.

One, I suggest compiling your fakemons. Make up a list (in google docs or wherever) that names all the types of fakemon you have in your head. Detail them as best as possible, with names, types, abilities, anything deemed necessary. That way, artists can pick and choose what fakemons they think will lend best to their strengths.

Two, post the starters you've drawn here, and use this thread as a resource to communicate with your team to post their art. It is A&D, after all, and we want to see the progress you're making!

Three, define exactly what kind of drawings you want, because you're going to want consistency. Do you want a standard height+length box for all fakemons so they can eventually be scaled down into sprites? Or do you want Ken Sugimor style full body art?

I actually ran a community pokedex project, which you can check out here. It wasn't easy, and it required a lot of moderation to make it work, as well as heavy amounts of development along the way. And, while we didn't have a set plan necessarily (no exact number of types/pokemon, new abilities, made up moves, etc), it ended up garnering a lot of really awesome Pokemon. If you keep your ideas focused and open, I bet your fakedex will be successful. :)

Best of luck!

Years
  • Hey there! Glad you decided to post this! :) If it's okay, I have a few suggestions to make this easier on our artists.

One, I suggest compiling your fakemons. Make up a list (in google docs or wherever) that names all the types of fakemon you have in your head. Detail them as best as possible, with names, types, abilities, anything deemed necessary. That way, artists can pick and choose what fakemons they think will lend best to their strengths.

Two, post the starters you've drawn here, and use this thread as a resource to communicate with your team to post their art. It is A&D, after all, and we want to see the progress you're making!

Three, define exactly what kind of drawings you want, because you're going to want consistency. Do you want a standard height+length box for all fakemons so they can eventually be scaled down into sprites? Or do you want Ken Sugimor style full body art?

I actually ran a community pokedex project, which you can check out here. It wasn't easy, and it required a lot of moderation to make it work, as well as heavy amounts of development along the way. And, while we didn't have a set plan necessarily (no exact number of types/pokemon, new abilities, made up moves, etc), it ended up garnering a lot of really awesome Pokemon. If you keep your ideas focused and open, I bet your fakedex will be successful. :)

Best of luck!

Thanks for those tips! However, here's a thing. I really don't want to post my art on this forum. I'm pretty much uncomfortable on the Internet. It would be better to have the option to show these artists my images in private, though that would defeat the purpose of this topic.

If it makes ya happy, I'll do whatcha say. :)
    ---------------------------------------------

So here are my starters of the Luoph region..... Now I'm no super pro artist and critiques aren't needed. Also, please excuse the low quality. I have no scanners available at this point. I'll update on this overtime.
    Spoiler:

001 - Lamleaf
    Species: Grass Sheep Pokémon
    Type: Grass
    Ability: Overgrow
    Gender ratio: Male: 87.5% Female: 12.5%
    Catch rate: 45
    Egg Group: Field
    Height: ?.??
    Weight: ?.??
    "It absorbs sunlight with its horns that are yet to grow large and strong and stores them into its necklace. It always feels warmhearted and gentle to people."

004 - Armag
    Species: Armadillo Pokémon
    Type: Fire
    Ability: Blaze
    Egg Group: Field and Monster
    "It excretes smoke from its armor when irritated, scaring off its predators. Its armor is strong enough to withstand a meteor strike."

007 - Skatey
    Species: Swift Ray Pokémon
    Type: Water
    Ability: Torrent
    Gender ratio: Male 87.5% Female: 12.5%
    Egg Group: Water 2
    "It swims very fast underwater so that it can escape from danger. Its glowing spots and night vision eyes aid Skatey well at nighttime."

Last edited:
    Years
  • The middle evolutions of the starters.
    Spoiler:

002 - Chloram
    Species: Grass Sheep Pokémon
    Type: Grass
    "Using its necklace, it can conduct sunlight into energy. Because it craves sunlight, it does not have to eat a lot."

005 - Dilloava (needs redesign)
    Species: Armadillo Pokémon
    "When evolved, Dilloava's smoke is more dangerous. Whenever it is in trouble, it curls into a ball, letting the armor excrete smoke."

008 - Beamray (needs redesign)
    Species: Swift Ray Pokémon
    Type: Water
    "The spots on its body can flash so bright, they instantly can make its enemies blind. It is fortunate that it can shield its eye when flashing."

Last edited:
    Years
  • And finally, the final evolutions of the starters. Honestly, these actually turned out really good. Although you can barely see Angiarie, so I really need an artist that can do full body pictures, either in Sugimori style or your own style.
    Spoiler:

003 - Angiarie
    Species: Absorbing Pokémon
    Type: Grass/Light
    "The horns shine beautifully and bright. When this Pokémon is exposed at night, the horns dim gradually."

006 - Volcarmo
    Species: Erupt Pokémon
    Type: Fire/Poison
    "Nothing can go near it when it is surrounded by an aura of deadly ash. If this defense fails, it erupts molten lava."

009 - Aetoshock
    Species: ????? Pokémon
    Type: Water/Electric
    "It can see anything in pure darkness. It electrocutes its prey by releasing sparks from its spots."

Years
  • Hey, I would like to help out with this project if possible. I like your designs for your starters, they are very good. I can help you this those redesigns if needed. Otherwise, just tell me what I need to do and I'll try my best. After all, that's anyone can ask for right?

Years
  • Hey, I would like to help out with this project if possible. I like your designs for your starters, they are very good. I can help you this those redesigns if needed. Otherwise, just tell me what I need to do and I'll try my best. After all, that's anyone can ask for right?

You sure can! Here's what you have to do. If you wanna join in, first, you have to show me 1 piece of art in a PM. If it's good, then I'll hire you and you can redesign Dilloava and/or Beamray or even do the other ones. :)

Years
  • Couple of bug Pokémon I've tried to make from scratch. I am okay with Avista's design, but the rest don't appeal to me. Revista's wings gotta be changed to be more devilish, as opposed to Avista's wings where they're more angelic.
    Spoiler:

012 - Polapillar (needs redesign)
    Species: Duo Pokémon
    Type: Bug
    Ability: Shed Skin
    Gender ratio: Male: 50% Female: 50%
    Catch rate: 255
    Egg Group: Bug
    Height: 1'00''
    "It is born with 1 mind with 2 sides opposing each other. It defends by using its 2 large claws on the rear."

013 - Duacoon (needs redesign)
    Catch rate: 120
    Height: 2'00''
    "The 2 heads dislike each other, so they never look at each other. Only 1 of them at a time must attack."

014 - Avista
    Species: Halo Pokémon
    Type: Bug/Light
    Ability: Compound Eyes
    Gender ratio: Male 50% Female: 50%
    Height: 3'02''
    Weight:
    "It is said that one flap from its wings shares a good feeling to people and Pokémon. Trainers who own this Pokémon are said to be blessed."

015 - Revista
    Species: Pitchfork Pokémon
    Type: Bug/Dark
    "It seeks revenge on Avista for doing good. When it eats leaves off of trees, it puts a curse on them, rotting."

Polapillar Lv.7 -> Duacoon Lv.13 while knowing a Light-type/Dark-type move -> Avista/Revista
    019 - Gladia (needs redesign)
    Species: Flower Pokémon
    Type: Grass/Fighting
    Ability: Chlorophyll, Insomnia
    Catch rate: 245
    Egg Group: Grass and Human-like
    "In sunny days, its body will strengthen to become a warrior off its territory. It lives near gardens and grasslands."
    -----------Lv. 29 -> Floriator
    Gladia
    -----------Shiny Stone Female only -> Florarrow

Years
  • Spoiler:

022 - Ballaring
    Species: Dancing Pokémon
    Type: Fairy
    Ability: Cute Charm
    Gender ratio: Male: 0% Female: 100%
    Egg Group: Fairy
    Height: 2'05''
    "By entertaining an audience of Pokémon, it elegantly dances for not only them, but for its own benefit.

023 - Ballaress
    Catch rate: 110
    Height: 3'06''
    "Their dances are very beautiful. Since they wear glowing rings, their dancing is usually the first to see anywhere."

Ballaring Lv. 27 -> Ballaress
    024 - Dronehenge (no design yet)
    Species: Structure Pokémon
    Type: Rock/Steel
    Ability: Sturdy
    Egg Group: Mineral
    Height: 4'02''
    Weight: 176.5 lbs
    "It roams about around mountains looking for other Dronehenge to connect with. Its beaming eye lets it see in caves."

Dronehenge - does not evolve
    025 - Flinn
    Species: Flying Fish Pokémon
    Type: Water/Flying
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Catch rate: 190
    Height: 1'05
    "It may not swim well, but it can fly as far as 60 miles. Its schools of Flinn are as large as a Gyarados."

026 - Glidine
    Ability:
    Catch rate: 150
    Height: 2'09
    "It shows off its wings to impress its mate. Its fantastic flight is enough to fly with birds for a short time."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    Spoiler:

022 - Ballaring
    "By entertaining an audience of Pokémon, it elegantly dances for not only them, but for its own benefit.

023 - Ballaress
    Catch rate: 110
    Height: 3'06''
    "Their dances are very beautiful. Since they wear glowing rings, their dancing is usually the first to see anywhere."
    025 - Flinn
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Catch rate: 190
    Height: 1'05
    "It may not swim well, but it can fly as far as 60 miles. Its schools of Flinn are as large as a Gyarados."

026 - Glidine
    Ability:
    Catch rate: 150
    Height: 2'09
    "It shows off its wings to impress its mate. Its fantastic flight is enough to fly with birds for a short time."
    hey did you see my other post

Years
  • Do you still need more artists? I have drawn a few Fakemons, with reasonable names. And I'm quite creative. If you like I could provide some ideas. By the way, if I was you I wouldn't base the Mons on animals, since most Pokemon are based of them, base them on objects and things that are unique - just sayin'.

This is an old fakemon I did, if you like it, be free to use it:

Name: Perieratae - Latin "The Lost Armoured One"
    Type: STEEL - BUG
    Abiltiy: ?????
    PKMDEX: "It is a rare and endangered Pokemon, no one knows anything about it"

Evolves: LV.35 from Perieratae
    Name: Malitrixatae - Latin "The Armoured Warrior"
    Type: STEEL - BUG
    PKMDEX: "This slug-like Pokemon is known to be protective of its devolution."

Evolves: Water Stone evolves from Malitrixatae
    Name: Armapiscatae - Latin "The Armoured Underwater Creature"
    Type: STEEL - WATER
    PKMDEX: "This pokemon is found deep underwater, and attacks any other creature, even its own."

Evolves: LV.59 evolves from Malitrixatae
    Name: Armacochtrix - Latin "The Armoured Bad??? Warrior"
    Type: STEEL - FIGHTING
    PKMDEX: "Much is unknown about this pokemon, but the Sword that it wields is made up of its former shell"

Last edited:
    Years
  • Couple of bug Pokémon I've tried to make from scratch. I am okay with Avista's design, but the rest don't appeal to me. Revista's wings gotta be changed to be more devilish, as opposed to Avista's wings where they're more angelic.
    Spoiler:

012 - Polapillar (needs redesign)
    Height: 1'00''
    "It is born with 1 mind with 2 sides opposing each other. It defends by using its 2 large claws on the rear."

013 - Duacoon (needs redesign)
    "The 2 heads dislike each other, so they never look at each other. Only 1 of them at a time must attack."

014 - Avista
    Species: Halo Pokémon
    Type: Bug/Light
    Weight:
    "It is said that one flap from its wings shares a good feeling to people and Pokémon. Trainers who own this Pokémon are said to be blessed."

015 - Revista
    Species: Pitchfork Pokémon
    Type: Bug/Dark
    "It seeks revenge on Avista for doing good. When it eats leaves off of trees, it puts a curse on them, rotting."

Polapillar Lv.7 -> Duacoon Lv.13 while knowing a Light-type/Dark-type move -> Avista/Revista
    019 - Gladia (needs redesign)
    Species: Flower Pokémon
    Ability: Chlorophyll, Insomnia
    "In sunny days, its body will strengthen to become a warrior off its territory. It lives near gardens and grasslands."
    -----------Lv. 29 -> Floriator
    Gladia
    -----------Shiny Stone Female only -> Florarrow

It would be cool, if you didn't base them on the usual butterfly line, or moth line. Base them off lesser known/used insects, like Dragonflies, Spiders, Mantis - to make it more unique Fakemons. Good Luck

Last edited:
    Years
  • Do you still need more artists? I have drawn a few Fakemons, with reasonable names. And I'm quite creative. If you like I could provide some ideas. By the way, if I was you I wouldn't base the Mons on animals, since most Pokemon are based of them, base them on objects and things that are unique - just sayin'.

Not all of them are based off of animals. There are actually some Pokémon that are based on man-made objects and plants. I'm just trying to get some variety.

Also, sure thing. I still have some room for artists here. Right now I'm trying to do Spittire and Snowsky. I've already thought of an idea for the 2, but it's hard to pull them off.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Okay, so I couldn't succeed on designing these Pokémon, considering my imagination was hard to put them physically on paper. Instead I'll describe their physiology.

Spittire and its evolution, to me, are depicted having armored humanoid upper torsos with helmet-like heads with spikes and vehicle-esque lower torsos. So Spittire is unicycle, Charoad is motorcycle, and Motorage is monster truck.

Snowsky and its evolution; I see them as shiny snow droplets with elements of a precious gemstone and avian creatures.

027 - Spittire
    Species: Wheel Pokémon
    Ability: Flame Body
    Catch rate: 235
    Height: 3'00''
    Weight: 267 lbs
    "Its tank on its back produces flames. It is strong enough to hold a small passenger."

028 - Charoad
    Species: Off Road Pokémon
    Type: Fire/Ground
    Height: 3'07''
    Weight: 298 lbs
    "One who dares to ride on Charoad will experience such great speed. It can be very aggressive."

029 - Motorage
    Species: Road Rage Pokémon
    Type: Fire/Ground
    Height: 5'05''
    Weight: 364 lbs
    "Whatever prey it sees, it will charge and run over it. With its huge tires, it can crush over big boulders."

Spittire Lv. 24 -> Charoad Lv. 36 -> Motorage
    030 - Snowsky
    Species: Snowflake Pokémon
    Type: Ice
    Ability: Ice Body
    Catch rate: 235
    Egg Group: Mineral and Flying
    "When a predator tries to eat a Snowsky, it becomes frozen on the outside by the Pokémon defending itself."

031 - Fluravia
    Species: Crystal Pokémon
    Type: Ice/Flying
    "Living in cold climates, they keep their wings crystallized and frozen whenever they are melting."

032 - Altiglais
    Species: Diamond Pokémon
    Type: Ice/Flying
    "Seeing it in flight is a spectacular view, especially when it shoots ice shards. One flap from its wings can produce a wind that is -200 degrees Fahrenheit."

Snowsky Lv. 24 -> Fluravia Lv. 36 -> Altiglais

Last edited:
    Years
  • Here's the usual bird Fakémon that each gen in Pokémon have. These are kinda like Talonflame's counterpart. I can't draw birds to save my life though...

016 - Jayzap (no design yet)
    Species: Blue Jay Pokémon
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Big Pecks
    Egg Group: Flying
    Height: 1'00
    Weight:
    "They are mostly seen standing on power lines, observing the buildings and cars. Their singing can be heard from extreme distance."

017 - Blujolt (no design yet)
    Species: ????? Pokémon
    Type: Electric/Flying
    Ability: Static
    Height: 2'04''
    Weight:
    "When it flies through the sky, its electrical body flows through the wings for boost until it all leaks out and have to recharge again."

018 - Azunder (no design yet)
    Species: Lightning Pokémon
    Type: Electric/Flying
    Ability: Static
    Height: 3'08''
    Weight:
    "At full force in battle, it charges as fast as possible toward the enemy to stun it completely before it can defeat it fully."

Jayzap Lv. 19 -> Blujolt Lv. 29 -> Azunder

Years
  • (Picture will be up soon)

020 - Floriator
    Species: Swordsman Pokémon
    Ability: Natural Cure and Unburden
    Catch rate: 70
    Weight:
    "It wields sharpened leaf swords in battle and even makes its own armor out of plants. In groups, they are relentless, regardless of the size of their enemies."

021 - Florarrow
    Species: Archery Pokémon
    Ability:
    Catch rate: 70
    Weight:
    "Watching over its territory, it shoots a barrage of natural arrows at trespassers. It is more of a stealthy hunter."

----------- Lv. 29 -> Floriator
    Gladia
    ----------- Shiny Stone Female Only -> Florarrow

Years
  • What's the point of going on? No one's volunteering because everyone doesn't know me. Will someone lock this please? It's not working out well. I give up...

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey, I'm sorry this didn't work out for you. :( Maybe it's just not the right time for this project to run. But hey, if you ever want to give it another shot, just let me know.

/closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back