• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Character Design Help?

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
  • Hey how's it going guys? Life treating ya well? How's the kid/bf/gf/wife/husband? Well that's great to hear! ANYWAYS. I've kind of found myself in a bit of a situation. I'm trying to make an animation, but the problem is I can't draw, so I ended up biting off more than I can chew with this project. However, I completely convinced myself that drawing is a skill that can be learned, so I refuse to give up. My problem lies with making hair for my character designs. I have no idea where to even start (and it also doesn't help that I'm doing this all on a mousepad lol).

Sooo as humbly as I can, I want to ask you guys for tips/tricks on how to draw hair?
    (Also, I apologize if this is the wrong place for this, just ban me or something if I goofed.)

Oh yeah and this project is being made in Adobe After Effects, with all the assets being designed in Photoshop. Here's the style I'm shooting for.
    Background for first scene. (tree is just a placeholder for now.)
    Spoiler:

Unfinished Character design.
    Spoiler:

Back