• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Theoretical 3-on-3 battle strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSoul

Cloyster will pwn you.
Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    The Idea

As I was playing around on my FR ROM, I started coming up with a couple simple 2-on-2 battle strategies that revolved around my Victreebel.
    One was the standard Sunny Day / SolarBeam setup, using my Rapidash as the SD-er.
    The other was again, a fairly standard Sleep Powder/Dream Eater combo, my Hypno Dream Eating and my Victreebel Sleep Powder-ing.
    (Both fairly effective taking in the base speeds of each Poke, relative to one another. Rapidash is faster than Victreebel, is faster than Hypno.)

This got me wondering... I could combine these 3 pokemon into one 3-on-3 strategy for Gen V when it rears it's head.
    It is just a stringing together of the two strategies, like so-

The Implementation
    1st turn:
    Rapidash uses Sunny Day,
    Victreebel uses Sleep Powder,
    Hypno uses Calm Mind

2nd turn:
    Victreebel (speed boosted from Chlorophyll) uses Solar Beam
    Rapidash uses Fire Blast (or generic damaging move replacement)
    Hypno uses Dream Eater

Remaining turns:
    Victreebel uses Solar Beam 'til sun dies down or target of SP wakes up/faints (If it faints, reassign Sleep Powder target; if it wakes up, readminister Sleep Powder)
    Rapidash uses effective damaging moves until sun fades, re-Sunny Days.
    Hypno uses Dream Eater until target wakes up/faints, then Calm Minds until another is asleep.

I know it's not the most complicated strategy, and has lots of holes in it (like if another uses Sandstorm, Hail, Rain Dance etc) but it's a start, especially seeing as I haven't really checked out any potential team members for Gen V and I don't really play pokemon at competitive level.

What do you think? Opinions? Improvements/modifications?
    Your own 3-on-3 strategies?

Let me know ;)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • This is just really bad theorymon, it's impossible to even start with strategies when we don't know what new moves will be in play let alone the entirely new Pokemon. lol ~_~

Pokemafia

Glad to see your already thinking of stratergies mate, but like the above post, we need to see all the new pokes:)

I pray they don't make us use 3v3 in next year's vgc,

Using explosion / surf etc. will kill half your team :S

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Glad to see your already thinking of stratergies mate, but like the above post, we need to see all the new pokes:)

I pray they don't make us use 3v3 in next year's vgc,

Using explosion / surf etc. will kill half your team :S

Besides for the fact that global moves like that are divided among the team.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back