• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How different is B / W2?

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
So I've recently tried to find my copy of Pokemon White, but I've lost it and after trying to find it in stores, I can only find a pre-owned copy of White 2.

I'm wondering how different is the story and is it worth me buying?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
It's definitely worth buying, I really regret not getting a copy when I had the chance. They added so many things that they didn't have in the originals. There are more Pokemon available pre-post game. They also gave more of a back story to a lot of characters, especially Team Plasma. Kyruem even plays a big role alongside Zekrom and Reshiram. Overall it's a really solid game.

Last edited:
Years
Like Beni said above, B2/W2 are worth playing since there's huge postgame content (easily rivaling HG/SS and even D/P/Pt and OR/AS here) and the characters now have more backstory explored. The Pokedex also has not just Unova Pokemon but also some older generation Pokemon so there's a solid choice to build a team out of.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
Alright, and at the start of the game am I able to trade pokemon outside of the Unova pokedex or do I need like a national pokedex before I can do that?

Years
Alright, and at the start of the game am I able to trade pokemon outside of the Unova pokedex or do I need like a national pokedex before I can do that?

You can trade Pokemon outside of the Unova Dex but you do need to get the first Gym Badge (in this case, the Basic Badge by defeating Cheren at the Aspertia Gym) before you are able to trade, and due to the closure of non-3DS wi-fi last year you can only trade locally to another system nearby so keep that in mind.

Back