• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Pokemon Soundtrack?

What Is Your Favourite Pokemon Game Soundtrack?

• Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver

• Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

• Total voters

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
  • I have listen to every single song in every pokemon game! (Almost)
    Whenever I'm ROM hacking, i just go on YouTube and type "Pokemon Music" and pick one to listen to!

There are 10 Pokemon soundtracks!

- Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow
    - Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal
    - Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald
    - Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum
    - Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver
    - Pokemon Black and White
    - Pokemon Black 2 and White 2
    - Pokemon X and Y
    - Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

I love all of them but, i was wondering which one you guys here on PC liked the best!

Here are the Complete Soundtracks From the 10 Pokemon games!

Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow

Spoiler:

Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal

Spoiler:

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald

Spoiler:

Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum

Spoiler:

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver

Spoiler:

Pokemon Black and White

Spoiler:

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

Spoiler:

Pokemon X and Y

Spoiler:

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Spoiler:

Have fun listening to them! I hope you like them as much as i do!

Last edited:

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • Gold silver and crystal, heart gold and soal silver were ok but not as good

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Don't get me wrong, I like all of the Pokémon soundtracks as well, but I'd say B/W's OST wins by a light-year.

The music in B/W had more than just simple tunes; the tracks were very well developed, and most of them were very climatic while holding the perfect amount of emotion. The rest of the games have good-sounding music, but they are honestly just "good-sounding" at most, rather than going above and beyond.

EDIT: Okay, I totally forgot about X/Y's soundtrack... a lot of the tracks went almost above and beyond like B/W's, but it's still outnumbered in terms of the quantity of such tracks.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Difficult question, all of the games have some great soundtracks.

I'd probably say collectively my favourites lie in DPPT, there are just so many from those games that I like. Cyrus' Theme, Elite Four Theme, Hearthome City, Twinleaf Town, Cynthia's Theme to name a few.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Oh. My. God.

I never thought I'd have this problem, but when I think about it... I don't know ><

I love Hoenn's music, because for me it is very nostalgic, and it's amazing anyway. Sinnoh also has some amazing themes, And Kalos. See? When you break it down, every region has good music. I think my favourite has to be Hoenn, and particularly that from OR/AS because of how it made me feel whilst playing the games. I loved it.

But that's really hard to say, because there are so many good tracks from other regions I just love too.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • For me Black and White- they just went all the way out. N's Castle is without a doubt my favorite BGM in the game, it has such an epic Gothic sound that just blew me away with it's brilliance

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • My top three choices were BW, RSE and XY. I went with RSE in the end. Being bias does come into play I guess.

RSE just had so many themes that I would love to listen to over and over again. BW had a smaller selection of that, but generally it had nicer themes compared to RSE (with much more variety). It was really tough to decide. XY had terrific overworld themes, but the battle themes were a letdown.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I love the music we have had in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, personally.

A lot of them do sound similar, due to their songs using same instruments and whatnot (with one being trumpets), but their tunes were all unique in their own right, helps these music to distinct themselves. Of them all, one of my most favorites would be Slateport City theme, as it's pretty loud and cheerful; it seemed to have suit the place quite well. Alongside, I also liked May and Brendan battle song.

Soundtrack we have in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are similar, but much, much more great in quality, arguably, but the reason as to why I prefer original slightly more is… nostalgia. Ever time I hear those, they always remind me of how much fun I had playing through RSE.

Aside from above, I'm also a fan of the music from Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, all due to similar reasons.

TheUnit684

Heedrim
    Years
  • I wanted to vote for either Black/White or Black2/White2, but I would've felt bad. All the soundtracks really just hit the right vibe with me. It may be nostalgia talking, but all Pokemon music elicits the same feelings in me, and so, I had to pick all. :P

sonic65101

Johto Champion
    Years
  • My favorite actual tracks are the the Last Boss battle theme and the Ruins of Alph theme from Pokemon Crystal Version. :chu:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • I love the music we have had in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, personally.

A lot of them do sound similar, due to their songs using same instruments and whatnot (with one being trumpets), but their tunes were all unique in their own right, helps these music to distinct themselves. Of them all, one of my most favorites would be Slateport City theme, as it's pretty loud and cheerful; it seemed to have suit the place quite well. Alongside, I also liked May and Brendan battle song.

Soundtrack we have in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are similar, but much, much more great in quality, arguably, but the reason as to why I prefer original slightly more is… nostalgia. Ever time I hear those, they always remind me of how much fun I had playing through RSE.

Aside from above, I'm also a fan of the music from Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, all due to similar reasons.

Well, personally, i love the RSE soundtrack! I do like some songs from DPpt, like Twinleaf town, Canalave City and the Cynthia Battle theme.

I wanted to vote for either Black/White or Black2/White2, but I would've felt bad. All the soundtracks really just hit the right vibe with me. It may be nostalgia talking, but all Pokemon music elicits the same feelings in me, and so, I had to pick all. :P

Same here! I love pokemon music. It just has that......Uhh! I don't even know!

My favorite actual tracks are the the Last Boss battle theme and the Ruins of Alph theme from Pokemon Crystal Version. :chu:

RUINS OF ALPH IS DA BEST!!!! But in all seriousness, the ruins of Alph is such a good song! The final battle is good in crystal, but i like it more in HGSS!

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Although I do really like all of them, I voted for GSC. The retro Game Boy sound is really cool.

I like GSC, but i do like HGSS more! Maybe it's because it was my first game! Anyways, I really enjoyed the GSC music when i played crystal for the first time a few months ago!

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    I rarely dislike Pokémon music, but X&Y's Gym and Elite Four themes are severely lacking in terms of variety, they were mind-numbingly repetitive

Plus, the E4 theme takes so long to build up to its climax that I'm usually 3/4 through their team by the time it peaks

DPPt's themes are very MIDI-friendly, especially the Lake theme and Eterna Forest

Spoiler:

I put them into Synthesia, and apart from Synthesia's hilarious percussion choices (I'm pretty sure there's no police whistles or barking in the games...), they sound the same

Back