• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think the "Pokémon Special" on Monthly Famitsu will be?

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
Years
  • As you may or may not know, there will apparently be a "Surprising announcement" for Pokémon on Monthly Famitsu. (It's on Serebii if you want to read about it.) I'm not sure if it's a good idea to copy-paste from Serebii and put it on the Internet, so you can read it for yourself there. Serebii thinks that it may be a new game or manga series, but I don't know. I personally think that it may be a new Pokémon game (Hopefully XX/XY or Z or Burning Fire Red and Natural Leaf Green or something completely different!) or a new anime that doesn't follow Ash as the main protagonist (Pokemon the Origins was successful and regarded as one of the best Pokémon anime series). Comment what you think and we'll see on the 26th! (Sadly, I won't be at home to view the stream. Unless it's an hour long stream.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I personally don't think a new game will be announced. We're in the middle of the release of ORAS, so another main game announcement would be pretty stupid marketing-wise.

Now, since the Japanese voice actress of Iris is present during the announcement, there will most likely be some kind of Anime spinoff. A sequel to the Origins or perhaps something completely else. (Colosseum and XD anime?)
    It could be a manga, new merchandise or anything else. The PCi hasn't spoken a word about this, so the project will most likely be Japan exclusive first.

Years
  • Outside of anything game related, the only 'shocking' thing I can think of would be a new anime of some sort, possibly even a full series adaptation of Black and White if Iris's VA is going to be there, or maybe we're finally getting a Pokemon Special/Adventures anime I CAN DREAM.

Not getting my hopes up for anything in particular, though. Wouldn't be the first time a company's done an event like this and their BIG ANNOUNCEMENT turned out to be something lame.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Maybe they're going down the Legend of Zelda road and announcing a "Pokemon Warriors" title that will guest star the cast of Dynasty Warriors? Very unlikely, but would be rather hilarious to think of, might even get a Wii U just for that opportunity.

In all seriousness though, I think I'd want it to be an anime spinoff. They seem to be getting really good at those and I value any opportunity to get away from Ash and his gaggle of morons.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    With the presence of voice actors I imagine its Anime-related...

...but what if it's the first pokémon of Gen VII? They've been fair rattling through them, and after Gen IV and V were on the DS/Lite/i/iXL systems, it would make sense for at least Gen VI and VII to be on 2/3DS (Although unless they can think of a new innovation, or slow down the release of new generations, I think we could see Gen VIII on 3DS too)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I can't say I have really any idea what it could be, other than that a new game is pretty unlikely becuz ORAS.

For those of yuo who want a link, here ya go: https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/The_Pokémon_Company_to_announce_a_new_project_Aug._26

Maybe... are they going back to give a conclusion to the legend that was left with loose ends? Original Dragon maybe? I mean what in the world can be more shocking or surprising than that? I wish... -.-
    omg please let it be this. I'd love to see what the original Tao dragon was like, and it'd be awesome if we could get it in a future game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Due to all reasons stated above, they most likely won't be announcing any new main-series game, sadly. For spin-off, it's a totally different story. As far as that goes, it would be fantastic to see them deliver some game like Pokémon XD, which would be compatible with both XY and ORAS.

I'm not sure how many people would be interested in that, but I know I would. I've been wanting to see some major home-console game with an actual story-line for a while, and would be very hyped to see that come true. Plus, I already have Wii U, so as far as that goes, there's nothing to worry about at all, thankfully.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
  • I'm with Endless. The last Pokemon RPG on the home console was XD and Colosseum. These came out during the Ruby/Sapphire generation, so it would be interesting to see a sequel during their remake's period. Either way, we know that there was some type of mysterious footage shown back with a Pokemon X/Y trailer that looked to be a Wii U Pokemon title, and we are still left in the dark about this "Pokken Fighters" trademark. Only time will tell I suppose.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • When I saw the announcement titled as Monthly Famitsu feat. Pokémon Special, and that voice actors would be there, my mind immediately jumped to "OMG could it really be? An anime adaptation of Pokémon Special?" Also, there are two unnamed guests. Possibly Hidenori Kusaka and Satoshi Yamamoto, author and illustrator of the series? Ahhhh! It's something PokéSpe fans have been clamoring for for a long time. But still, I don't know. It sounds too good to be true, so I don't want to get my hopes up.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I never got into the manga. There were no chances for me to read a single volume, as they weren't (still not) available in my country. So I wouldn't be excited if the announcement is Manga related. I just hope it's a spin-off game, although it is unlikely.

Back