• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WTF happened to Video Games board?

Years
  • Ever since I left VG for Super Moderator back in the day, the board was on a downward spiral of lack of activity. I still stand by my opinion saying it is one of the most demanding boards to run, due to constant changes, activities, events and ever changing gaming economy.

After stepping down and leaving for a bit, I sign in and the first thing I do is go to see how VG is and my surprise when I see it blossoming. I raised an eye brow at 3 dedicated moderators, but saw my good friend Klippy had returned and had hit the ground running with helping out with El Héroe Oscuro and Dragon; it makes me legit happy to see the board so active and fun.

I really think they should be given credit for working hard on the board and making it fun for everyone. Just my two cents, coming from someone who knows how tough that board can be.

Well done peeps! *Claps*

And yes, the title might have been a bit misleading... ;)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I wasn't sure what to expect. I forgot you changed your username. I said, "Great, some troll" and then thought, "WAIT. What if something happened in VG and I didn't notice!?" Clicked the thread and :).

Thanks for the kind words, buddy. I came back to make it better than ever, so glad to hear you're liking what you see. Love ya man!

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    There's some serious bromancing going on here.

That aside, VG has been the best it's been in years for the last 10 months or so, it's probably in the best state I've ever seen it. Long may that last.

Years
  • This is so true.

Video Games is now at the level of activity it never had in the past, and you gotta thank those three awesome dudes looking over it, oh and ShadowE as well who also played a part in it.

And yeah I remember when Will got smodded and the board was so inactive, but then when Shawn (Dragon) came along and *boom* the board is now thriving with posts, threads and events. In fact I think we can now classify it as one of the most active boards here today, only behind ROM Hacking (duh) and maybe even Trade Corner.

So Dragon, Klippy, El Héroe Oscuro and also ShadowE (he deserves a mention too) if you are reading this, well done on getting VG to the activity it is now.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'm important too you know.

Seriously though, the minor improvements done the past week did wonders. Good job staff!

Years
  • I honestly think we need to give a round of applause to Shawn, El Héroe Oscuro, Klippy, and even ShadowE. They're probably the most dedicated mods here on PC to their section, and that's what keeps a section turning if you ask me. I also enjoy working with them when it comes to helping out mods as a team, or even looking for advice, and each one of them has been approachable as a person. Hats off to y'all for sure!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Although I don't post in there as much as I used to I am forever going over the topics and doing some of the challenges, it is a fun place to hang out and compete in games when you have some free time. Mods did a great job on it.

Sirfetch’d

Yes yes yes! Great job guys! While I'm not a heavy poster in that forum, I have lurked for a while and noticed how busy it has become and how high of quality the threads are there! So much discussion to be had and it's always super active. Great job guys and keep up the good work c:

TY

Ever since I left VG for Super Moderator back in the day, the board was on a downward spiral of lack of activity. I still stand by my opinion saying it is one of the most demanding boards to run, due to constant changes, activities, events and ever changing gaming economy.

After stepping down and leaving for a bit, I sign in and the first thing I do is go to see how VG is and my surprise when I see it blossoming. I raised an eye brow at 3 dedicated moderators, but saw my good friend Klippy had returned and had hit the ground running with helping out with El Héroe Oscuro and Dragon; it makes me legit happy to see the board so active and fun.

I really think they should be given credit for working hard on the board and making it fun for everyone. Just my two cents, coming from someone who knows how tough that board can be.

Well done peeps! *Claps*

And yes, the title might have been a bit misleading... ;)

I'm being forgotten here :(

Seriously tho I never thought it would be THIS active, so props for that ofc. Also glhf for keeping this section as active as it is now :p

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • To the say the least, I've been having a pretty awful week, mainly stemming from depression that kicked in because of some real life happenstances. However, although it threw me for a loop at first - kudos to you Captain - this really did put a smile on my face and I thank you for that. It's really heartwarming to hear friends give such kind shoutouts to us, as Dragon, Klippy, and even ShadowE all do/did our bests to provide as much entertainment for you guys as possible, so (at least for me) it's awesome to get such a nice reception.

We've got a lot of awesome plans in store for the month of October, so if you're a fan of video games in any kind of capacity then I'd definitely recommend checking us out sometime. Otherwise - and I'm serious about this - thank you for putting a shining moment on my otherwise bleak week. I really needed that.

Back