• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Making the trainer card flip

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2016
    I know this is old but its related to what im looking for SOOOO ive been trying to make the trainer card flip when "C" is pressed and show the 16 badges im planing to add into the game ive got very basic knowledge on scripting so i can take any curves you can throw at me hopefully Ill get a response soon

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • You've basically just got to play around with the trainer card script to cause an illusion of it flipping over to a new page and to load the new graphics. I always just used the @sprite.zoom_y method to make the y value shrink and then change the image and cause it to increase again. Note the illusion pulled off will also need @sprite.oy = @sprite.bitmap.height / 2 (@sprite being the variable name of the image you want to manipulate) It's worth playing around though first and seeing the structure and where calls are done.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2016
    You've basically just got to play around with the trainer card script to cause an illusion of it flipping over to a new page and to load the new graphics. I always just used the @sprite.zoom_y method to make the y value shrink and then change the image and cause it to increase again. Note the illusion pulled off will also need @sprite.oy = @sprite.bitmap.height / 2 (@sprite being the variable name of the image you want to manipulate) It's worth playing around though first and seeing the structure and where calls are done.

When i say basic knowledge i mean changing coordinates LOL

Diverscope

Pardon me
    Years
  • Therese is no tutorial for such a thing but in this thread there is everything you need to make a backside for the trainer card. It isn't a such complicated thing.

Years
  • Back of Trainer Card

Alright, I have been looking for this for a while but couldn't find an in-depth guide. So I want to make the trainer card flip to the back via a fade with a press of a button, which would display other region-specific badges. How would I do that? I guess I'd have to def TrainerCardBack and add the input script, but what to do next I have no idea.. Any tips, or perhaps a tutorial?

Back