• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FEAR- OF... the... daaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk~ *grins evilly, wide-eyed and tongue stuck out*

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • What do you fear? What motivates you to fear that thing, or collection of things? Anything really goes as far as what you fear... scary movies, physical danger, walks in the park, etc. inb4 there's nothing to fear but fear itself

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I fear any sort of negative attention. Pretty much things like embarrassment, getting yelled at, people talking about you behind your back, that sort of stuff. In person, I get flushed very easily, and even for like positive attention, I get embarrassed and I hate that feeling. So out of fear I kinda just slip through the cracks and try not to say or do much, which isn't exactly a productive thing in itself. It keeps me from doing a lot of social stuff. And as for the other things, I'm a people pleaser, I care quite a bit about what other people think about me, so I'm always fearful that I'm not a likable person or whatever else people are saying about me.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I have a lot of fears. However, I can't quite explain why I'm afraid of them. I am afraid of what I say or do will upset others though. I'm also afraid of being rejected or something. Oh, and I'm afraid of getting my hopes too high for something. Right now, I'm trying to keep my hopes down because PelleK is going to send a signed CD to a lucky person. I know damn well it won't be me, so I'm not even going to TRY getting my hopes up. >_>

See, I get excited easily about doing something. So, when people shoot me down, even if it's not intentional... it can cause the worst feeling of rejection and such. I don't really mean to feel like that, but I can't help it either. I mean, I feel so passionate about my current obsession that I'd do just about anything to get something from him signed. :(

Kyoe

working on it
    Years
  • I'm Afraid to Shoot Strangers. :D
    Spoiler:

~

I have a couple of major fears, but they're rather personal ones, so I'll leave it at that.
    Things that scare me to a lesser extant is fine to mention though!
    Let's see...: The feeling of being watched, mass contagions, the moment when your chair starts to fall backwards, etc.

I'm not to easy to scare, though. I don't jump when people sneak up on me (unless I have headphones in, which means I'm in my own world), and things that would scare most people just intrigue me. Black Eyed Children? Yes please! Paranormal Experiences? Delightful! Horror movies before bed? Pal, I grew up watching X-Files, and The Twilight Zone.

I don't have any sort of phobia, though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Insects, arachnids, heights, any extreme activities. I like living a boring and safe life.

Years
  • I am scared to death by the concept of drowning. The fact I'm a terrible swimmer definitely doesn't help.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Well I'm not afraid of the dark, that's for sure.

I have an intense fear of anyone who works in the mental health industry. I'm not sure why and it's pretty bad, because it means that if I have a problem, it's pretty hard for me to get diagnosed. I've been trying to ease myself into having a therapist but I still have intense fear of anyone involved in psychology.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2022
    Spiders. Pretty sure its the legs. That scuttling movement. *shudders*

Other than that, not really. I have this irrational fear of rejection though, I take it really personally. Can't help it though.

Not really a fear but I can't stand people walking directly behind me either.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Um probably public speaking which is funny to me because when other people publically speak I am usually in another realm in my mind so maybe everyone does that idk

Kydeka

Bringer of Ground
    Years
  • I am absolutely petrified of thunderstorms, to the point where even hearing just heavy rain and strong winds worries me sick! I get into a right old mess, haha. ಥ_ಥ
    It's a bit annoying really, because I know deep down I'm perfectly safe inside (I'd never be out in one) however I still feel like I'm going to die for the duration of it!

Back