• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2ds to wpa2-psk

ugtgrime

Lomax
Years
  • So I just bought a 2ds and it turns out it won't connect to my virgin superhub. Does anyone know of any work arounds on this one?

Years
  • I did so happen to find these directions from Virgin themselves. Could you try following these steps and let me know if this fixes your problem? :)

ugtgrime

Lomax
    Years
  • I looked at that earlier, but as I share the bill with someone who lives with me they weren't thrilled with the idea of changing the router settings unfortunately. I'm just going to use my phone as a hot spot for trading and such until I find an alternative. Thank you though :)

Years
  • Those directions are outdated, never use WEP encryption because it's insecure. Every DS console since DSi supports WPA-PSK so use it instead.
    I'm well aware of that, however I'm certain those instructions were probably created several years ago when WEP security was still very much common.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • WEP is shit and Nintendo had no reason to go with it on the DS. Granted, WPA was in its infancy when the DS came out, but it existed (dates back to 2003 I believe).

2DS is fully capable of receiving wifi signal through WPA2-PSK connection. It's just a 3DS in an ugly box without the 3D. The rest of the hardware is the same.

Back